PDA

View Full Version : [XB360] Tuning G string

starzandstripes
12-16-2013, 12:51 AM
I don't want to bore you with all the hassles I have had getting to this point, but alas the game finally worked. I plug in my guitar and now cant even get past tuning. Over 3 hours later, tried by 4 different people, 2 teachers and 1 other guitarist, it wont tune the G string in game. I have used 3 different tuners, one of which was a top of the line tuner and they all recognized the guitar as tuned, not only the G string but the entire guitar based upon the tuning of the first three strings I had already tuned in game. I am so frustrated as this experience has been one problem, after another, after another. Is there a way to bypass this part? Perhaps the most frustrating thing is how often we get the line to 0, and there is no arrow pointing up or down, according to the game, this is supposed to be what to do.

toymachinesh
12-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Are you continually strumming as you tune the string? I assume this is the first tuning exercise when you launch the game...

starzandstripes
12-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Are you continually strumming as you tune the string? I assume this is the first tuning exercise when you launch the game...

Yes and no, tried it both ways. Thanks for the response. We actually got it to work and it was the weirdest thing. I was hit the string, phone rang, walked away to get it and it tuned. So I was able to tune the rest of the notes standing outside of the room.

Marauder359
12-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Yes and no, tried it both ways. Thanks for the response. We actually got it to work and it was the weirdest thing. I was hit the string, phone rang, walked away to get it and it tuned. So I was able to tune the rest of the notes standing outside of the room.

That's good and bad. It's good that you're getting to play, bad that it probably isn't recognizing what you're hitting properly. If it only accepted that you were in tune after you hit the note and walked away, it didn't recognize you hitting the note, it recognized that the note eventually got played... meaning, after sounding, the note eventually degraded to the proper frequency to trigger the game. However, when you're playing, ideally, you want the game to recognize the right note when you play said note, not 5 seconds later after letting it ring out... The solution here is to tune again, but only by constantly hitting the string as Toy described... that prevents the note from settling and having that settled note trigger the tuner as correct when, in fact, it is not.

It'll get easier.

randomas
12-16-2013, 06:08 PM
When I use the precision tuner I usually let the notes ring and settle, notes go slightly sharp on the pick attack (string gets pulled), and then settles into its proper note. Only making very small adjustments at the tuner pegs also helps.

Marauder359
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
When I use the precision tuner I usually let the notes ring and settle, notes go slightly sharp on the pick attack (string gets pulled), and then settles into its proper note.

Right, but how is RS going to properly score what you're doing if the note needs to settle? Sure, when playing generally, you'd want the resounding note to be right, not the pluck, but I think RS is exactly opposite, you need to pluck the right note, regardless of how it resounds... otherwise, how would it score you right? I'm not saying you're wrong, just questioning how that would work.