PDA

View Full Version : Jackdaw mortar upgrade question,and other

ddr the doc
12-15-2013, 09:21 PM
So far I still have standard mortar. Does upgrading it give the ship a pair of mortar launchers? Or just upgrades the damage of the single mortar?

Off title but I once had 2815 cargo I didn't know it could go over 2500 a bug perhaps a good one that is. Another thing the only place I have found a single hutie critter is in a smuggler camp. Where are these little things on any island, village or town? Also wheres black jags found?

MnemonicSyntax
12-15-2013, 09:26 PM
When you get the mortar, you get a pair of them away. Upgrading them just increases their damage.

The animals you can look on the map and see, or just use Google to look up their locations. If you're in an area, you can hold Right Shoulder Button and it will show you what animals are most common in that location.

ddr the doc
12-16-2013, 12:45 AM
I must be missing something then I see just one mortar launcher at front of the ship. Also I did find one hutia at smuggler camp in north area. I needed 1 to craft smoke bomb pouch. That's weird I see only one mortar I have just standard. I see one circle on the water to when I hit LB.

IWGCJoeCool
12-16-2013, 03:20 AM
So far I still have standard mortar. Does upgrading it give the ship a pair of mortar launchers? Or just upgrades the damage of the single mortar?

Off title but I once had 2815 cargo I didn't know it could go over 2500 a bug perhaps a good one that is. Another thing the only place I have found a single hutie critter is in a smuggler camp. Where are these little things on any island, village or town? Also wheres black jags found?

i dont even remember how many were there early on, but as you improve them, the quality of the metal used increases, thus it's effective strength. when targetting, you will only see one target area hilighted, they are synchronous.

when in upgrades, read the little box that accompanies each improvment...much info usually ignored.

ddr the doc
12-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Well my standards are one launcher and I see what the upgrade box says. the metal is improved like swivel guns. 2nd bar copper,3rd bar bronze, elite gold and they are elegant.
I have been playing on sequence 6 for a very long time and have in much time got the jackdaw to 80%. Broadsides to ultimate set with both shots to elite and elite swivels. hull to elite was 1st priority the cargo crew and harpooning. Not in that order but they are fully bared. *note* great whites make me nervous every time have seen a white whale on the map only once. I did hear community events have not been working right.

Syr.Jake
12-16-2013, 07:06 PM
As far as I remember, there are 2 Mortar Cannons at the front of the ship. One on each side. I am not in game at the moment to check.

Upgrading the items called "shots" increases the damage that they do for each upgrade step.