PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] Original Rocksmith Christmass song pack never released for PS3 in the EU.

randomas
12-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Any chance we get these song like everyone else one the EU PSN? I've just been playing through them on PC and it would be really nice to be able to play them on my main RS system.

Even an explanation as to why we ain't gonna get them would be good.

Please don't tell me that we can't have carol of the bells because Seth made it, because this is content for the original RS, and it would be a bug fix for a missed release anyway.

BazzTard61
12-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Eu and AU PS3 players will only get half the DLC the USA players get coz every other week we get Jap pop instead of what the USA get.

Who....what?

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Any chance we get these song like everyone else one the EU PSN? I've just been playing through them on PC and it would be really nice to be able to play them on my main RS system.

Even an explanation as to why we ain't gonna get them would be good.

Please don't tell me that we can't have carol of the bells because Seth made it, because this is content for the original RS, and it would be a bug fix for a missed release anyway.

Well, I don't know that song/DLC's present status, but I still have that in my 2014 songlist. I got it right after I got RS1 when they offered the free holiday songs for the first time (or was it the second time? I don't remember exactly) and I still have it in 2014. That leads me to believe if they offer up the free holiday songs again that Seth's Carol Of The Bells, could very well be a part of that.
So there's hope for you yet..

daddy_felix
12-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Eu and AU PS3 players will only get half the DLC the USA players get coz every other week we get Jap pop instead of what the USA get.

you're soooo wrong. The japanese songs are released worldwide. And they have nothing to do with the other songs not being released here on time.

randomas
12-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Well, I don't know that song/DLC's present status, but I still have that in my 2014 songlist. I got it right after I got RS1 when they offered the free holiday songs for the first time (or was it the second time? I don't remember exactly) and I still have it in 2014. That leads me to believe if they offer up the free holiday songs again that Seth's Carol Of The Bells, could very well be a part of that.
So there's hope for you yet..

I got it for PC when they offered it the second time, and was hoping to get it for PS3 as well since it's my main RS system, but it never came. All the songs show up in RS 2014 on PC, which is another reason why I'd really like these to come through.

Who....what?

Really should know better than to feed the trolls, but what the heck...
Thanks for derailing the topic with a statement that is for the most part wrong, ever get taught that when you don't have anything useful to say shutting up is the better option?

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 03:21 PM
I got it for PC when they offered it the second time, and was hoping to get it for PS3 as well since it's my main RS system, but it never came. All the songs show up in RS 2014 on PC, which is another reason why I'd really like these to come through.

I forgot to mention, so if it matters any, I got RS1 for the PS3 in March of 2012, so I must have gotten those Xmas songs sometime near that (before or after?) whenever they had been offered for free. I still have Seth's COTB and two other Xmas songs in my 2014 songlists, make of that what you will.

EDIT: I just checked my download list in the PSN store and according to the dating on the list, I also got the free holiday pack in March of 2012, the same time, more or less, as I got the game itself, which means it was available for at least 3 months after the holidays. So, If they do indeed re-release the songs, I would think it likely that it would be pretty much the same situation this time.
(And it also appears I could re-download it from the PSN store if I needed to.)
BTW, I would think the only Seth Chapla songs that got excluded were ones that he wrote maybe? That would not include the Carol Of The Bells, I'm guessing, LOL.

randomas
12-16-2013, 06:02 PM
I forgot to mention, so if it matters any, I got RS1 for the PS3 in March of 2012, so I must have gotten those Xmas songs sometime near that (before or after?) whenever they had been offered for free. I still have Seth's COTB and two other Xmas songs in my 2014 songlists, make of that what you will.

EDIT: I just checked my download list in the PSN store and according to the dating on the list, I also got the free holiday pack in March of 2012, the same time, more or less, as I got the game itself, which means it was available for at least 3 months after the holidays. So, If they do indeed re-release the songs, I would think it likely that it would be pretty much the same situation this time.
(And it also appears I could re-download it from the PSN store if I needed to.)
BTW, I would think the only Seth Chapla songs that got excluded were ones that he wrote maybe? That would not include the Carol Of The Bells, I'm guessing, LOL.

It's all a little odd and contradictory, I'm pretty sure Seth didn't write SSB by himself :p , and that didn't carry, but then again COB did ... go figure.
I really hope they put them back through, I really enjoyed playing COB on RS2014 (Got 93% in HSA, testimony to my playing getting better in a year).
I thought they were only available to be acquired during the holiday period, and then once you have them you can dl when you like. My guess is that they were scheduled for release on EU-PSN, SCEE delayed them and then RS people decided that xmass songs for easter would not have been a good idea ...

I don't know, just please can we get them too ... :o

Marauder359
12-16-2013, 06:14 PM
All DLC remains, on disc does not necessarily... So, when the on disc material was lost, that's all well and good. DLC is forever...

For the record, however, nobody to my understanding has the ability to download these songs for the first time right now... no matter where you live. Will they all be available everywhere this year? Dunno... Hard to say how PS will screw you folks again in Europe and Australia.

C.Linton
12-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Marauder's right, I also have seen nothing about current or upcoming availability of the Xmas songs for anyone, whether it's US, EU, AUS/NZ, JP, MARS ...

Marauder359
12-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Marauder's right, I also have seen nothing about current or upcoming availability of the Xmas songs for anyone, whether it's US, EU, AUS/NZ, JP, MARS ...

I knew Jurassic Park was getting things before us. ****ing velociraptors.

randomas
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
All DLC remains, on disc does not necessarily... So, when the on disc material was lost, that's all well and good. DLC is forever...

For the record, however, nobody to my understanding has the ability to download these songs for the first time right now... no matter where you live. Will they all be available everywhere this year? Dunno... Hard to say how PS will screw you folks again in Europe and Australia.

Well yes, that was the pleasant surprise on PC for me. Which is why I'm hoping that after Xmass (they were released after the 25th last year too right?) they become visible again for xbox and PC and hopefully for the first time on EU PSN ...

Just looking for some official confirmatory (or not) info from those in the know of things.

Hmm wonder what IP licensing is like on mars :D

Marauder359
12-18-2013, 02:49 AM
(they were released after the 25th last year too right?)

On, I think, not after.

randomas
12-20-2013, 07:17 PM
"Hello ...
Is there anybody out there?
Just nod if you can hear me?
Is there anyone at home?"

No news no statements, no nothing?

Even a "No" with an explanation would be ok ...

swiegand
12-20-2013, 10:50 PM
It's winter break for some already ;-)