PDA

View Full Version : Improvements/Modifications to AC4

kevalf
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I wish they would give us the ability to replay all elements of the game like Fort captures and Legendary ship battles. I hope they add a patch for that like they did with Far Cry 3.

Sushiglutton
12-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Would only be interested in this if we could downgrade the Jackdaw, or if forts/legendaries had higher levels when they returned.

AssassinHMS
12-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Hood toggle
Ability to remove weapons
Some way to make combat harder for those who want to play like an Assassin and not Hulk.

MnemonicSyntax
12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Lul

Did you finally play Black Flag yet?

Sigv4rd
12-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Hood toggle
Ability to remove weapons
Some way to make combat harder for those who want to play like an Assassin and not Hulk.

This!

Although I feel like simply having weapons removable is too simplistic, having less weapons should affect gameplay...

MnemonicSyntax
12-15-2013, 09:23 PM
It's too late for what HMS requested. Maybe next game.

AssassinHMS
12-15-2013, 09:46 PM
This!

Although I feel like simply having weapons removable is too simplistic, having less weapons should affect gameplay...

You could add something but I doubt they could do it for AC4BF. Let's say that, if you carry too many weapons, you will be much heavier which will result in the inability to sprint at full speed and the assassin will make more noise which increases the odds of being detected.
This way, if you don’t want to be penalized, you would have to think like an assassin and choose your gear according to your play style.
For example:
- A bow to silently eliminate enemies in the distance and a knife in case something goes wrong. This weapon combination would suit players who like to snipe enemies and who rely mostly on stealth.
- An axe to fight off guards and a throwing knives to clear out distant enemies. This weapon set would fit those who want to fight and stand a chance against more opponents and use a mix of stealth and combat.
- Etc.

Anyway, the player could choose a ranged weapon (bow, crossbow, throwing knives, blowpipe, etc.), a melee weapon (sword, knife, heavy weapon, etc) and two other pieces of equipment (smoke bombs, arrows, crossbow darts, bombs, etc.) in addition to the hidden blade. This way, the player would feel like his choices matter and still be able to choose his preference according to his play style, be the kind of assassin he wants to be instead of carrying every weapon around and be the same as everyone else (no specialization). Those who want to take every weapon with them would be heavier and face the obvious consequences but, given they have all the arsenal with them, it shouldn’t be that difficult.
I should also add that the hidden blade shouldn’t be used in combat and that fighting with a knife is much more difficult when fighting multiple enemies at once, so that the player’s choices have more impact and every different weapon set is more balanced.

kevalf
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Exactly. Have all the forts and legendaries have higher levels.

eugenic5
12-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Im sure someone has thought of this before, but, It would be extremely awesome and take a massive chunk of the multiplayer market, if, WE GOT MULTIPLAYER SHIP BATTLES!! 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, clan vs. clan, 3 maps, maybe eventually progress to open world play with similar concepts of the current multiplayer platform when docked in ports. Back to my point, A ship battle would be perfect. Even allow players to ram and board ships, have a certain gamemode where every player controls a certain part of the ship. (cannon, deck gun, sniper in nest, ie. . Continual progress leads to rising levels which allows unlocks of weapons, armor, and peronalized flags, ie. Any positive feedback would be appreciated, just basically hoping someone already thought of this.
:cool:

Fatal-Feit
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Im sure someone has thought of this before, but, It would be extremely awesome and take a massive chunk of the multiplayer market, if, WE GOT MULTIPLAYER SHIP BATTLES!! 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, clan vs. clan, 3 maps, maybe eventually progress to open world play with similar concepts of the current multiplayer platform when docked in ports. Back to my point, A ship battle would be perfect. Even allow players to ram and board ships, have a certain gamemode where every player controls a certain part of the ship. (cannon, deck gun, sniper in nest, ie. . Continual progress leads to rising levels which allows unlocks of weapons, armor, and peronalized flags, ie. Any positive feedback would be appreciated, just basically hoping someone already thought of this.

Are you kidding me?

TO_M
12-16-2013, 01:59 AM
I want to be able to use every weapon(like rope-darts) during replays of earlier missions.

MnemonicSyntax
12-16-2013, 04:16 AM

It was tried and found extremely difficult to do on current gen (ie 360 and PS3). Perhaps next gen though, and a future game. That's not something they'd implement in this game.

I want to be able to use every weapon(like rope-darts) during replays of earlier missions.

That could make previous constraints easier to pull off for the 100%, so I 'd doubt they would do that.

TO_M
12-16-2013, 12:30 PM
That could make previous constraints easier to pull off for the 100%, so I 'd doubt they would do that.

I don't think that there are any constraints that would be significantly easier if you were allowed to use the rope-darts/the other darts during replays.

Plus I also can't use these items during replays of templar missions, which don't have any constraints to begin with and which should be possible to do with the rope-darts/other darts since you can do these templar missions after you finished the main story and thus have every item available.