PDA

View Full Version : PS4 DLC Won't install? - Why? AC4

VizuallFX
12-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Today, I bought the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed 4. I downloaded Blackbeards Wrath, Florentine and Crusader Pack and the Kraken Ship Pack. I purchased and downloaded all three. But after I downloaded them, when I go into notifications on my PS4, it says 'Waiting to install...' on all of them. I live in New Zealand. What is going wrong? Is it Ubisoft, PSN or just my console?

Please, if you can help, drop me a message.:confused:

Thanks
Stephan

pacmanate
12-15-2013, 09:49 AM
You need to click the thing that says waiting to install and it will install. You might have to have the disc in though.

Za3bLoOT
03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
You need to click the thing that says waiting to install and it will install. You might have to have the disc in though.

Hi
i've just encountered the same problem ... but i keep clicking on it nothing happens ..

I have original AC4 disc and finished the game now i've downloaded Freedom cry and it stuck at "waiting to install" ... restarted the console and re-downloaded the add-on .. restored license and activated PS4 as my primary. ... re-build database on safe mode start ... "sigh" ... still nothing change

I guess this is an old post so u guys must had it solved at some point ... please share with me how to fix :)

Thanks

Aphex_Tim
03-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Didn't just booting the game fix this?

Mr_Shade
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Didn't just booting the game fix this?
This-

Normally starting the game the content is for, installs it - the PS4 does not always install content, if it's add on or game updates - until the game boots.

It should then install the content.

If you have booted the game [after the content has downloaded] and it's still not installing - you should contact support:
www.support.ubi.com

Za3bLoOT
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I did boot the game and went to the upper right corner and pressed X so many times while i'm praying it will magiclly work lol

still not working ... i'm just wondering that many people had the same problem but i couldn't find any where the fix ... and surely they fixed it at some point !

I'll try to contact ubisoft support as u recommended ...
thanks for replay ... please stay with me until its fix :)

Za3bLoOT
03-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I submitted a ticket on ubisoft support ... no answer yet :(

this error ruined my weekend :(

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
It's a very odd error - since the PS4 normally is OK at installing.. once you get used to the fact it only installs stuff when starting the main game [updates etc]

Support should get back to you after the weekend, if not, send me a PM with your ticket reference and I'll ask them to contact you

Za3bLoOT
03-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Support should get back to you after the weekend, if not, send me a PM with your ticket reference and I'll ask them to contact you[/QUOTE]

they responded with a disappointing response :(

""Unfortunately this downloads from Sony servers so you would need to speak to them about this issue.

I have provided links below with contact information for them.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/Contact-Us-Playstation-Support-Number/m-p/3751957#M19780

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/""

this is the best they could do ?? just refer me to other support channel ?? I understand that it is really not from their side and its PSN problem but at least try to help me ...

actually i'll replay with that ..

just something accorded to me ... I don't have Avilen pack installed ... does this has to do with anything ?

Za3bLoOT
03-10-2014, 01:03 AM
of course I did post on PSN forums ... still no answer at all .. :confused:

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi,

If it's identified as an issue with the PlayStation Network - Ubisoft support does not have any access to that - and - always pass you on to the correct team to deal with it, rather than waste anymore time.

I suggest making direct contact with PSN support, since you may find it's not something a normal user can help with using the forum.

You can try installing the Avaline DLC - however I don't think it should matter - however if you want to try.

Za3bLoOT
03-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi,

If it's identified as an issue with the PlayStation Network - Ubisoft support does not have any access to that - and - always pass you on to the correct team to deal with it, rather than waste anymore time.

I suggest making direct contact with PSN support, since you may find it's not something a normal user can help with using the forum.

You can try installing the Avaline DLC - however I don't think it should matter - however if you want to try.

Finally someone spoke to me yesterday and over the phone the agent requested me to delete the add-on from library then from notifications and try again downloading, the thing is turns out I can't delete from library .. in fact the only option is there to download only, and of course I did delete it from notifications and re-downloaded it ... same problem.

However I did try I purchasing the Avaline DLC maybe it will trigger the installing ... it didn't not also stuck on "waiting to install" ... funny thing when PSN support replayed by email they somehow thought my problem is with Battlefield 4 :confused: .... Even I mentioned clearly that its Assassin Creed 4 and the name of the add-on ... :nonchalance:

Now I guess the only option I have is to ask for a refund for both DLCs now I'll watch the game on youtube lol