PDA

View Full Version : Difference between size of frigates and brigs?

burner1232009
12-15-2013, 03:32 AM
Is there a way to tell the difference between a frigate with a small cargo capacity and large cargo capacity, same with brigs? Because I can't do some trade missions because the frigates I have have small cargo space, except for 1 which has 50%. I've been going around boarding ships hoping to find bigger ones but I only come across ones with 40% size. The same thing with brigs?

PandaPuff86
12-15-2013, 04:30 AM
You need Man o' Wars for bigger cargo that can reach 80. You need to play the hard part of the ocean(South that is...) and its filled with lvl. 50 to 60 or u can destroy a lot of ships until you get a 5 lvl wanted bounty on your head to get a lvl. 50 to 60 ship of a pirate hunter. Your choice.

burner1232009
12-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I knew down south is where you find the big ships. I read on IGN that your fleet should consist of brigs frigates and man on wars. Because man on wars are big and slow, so it'd take them longer to complete the mission. So really there is no way to tell a large cargo capacity frigate from a small cargo capacity frigate?

Sailingman 53
12-15-2013, 04:39 PM
I keep a mix of man o wars and frigates. A level 49 man o war should get you a cargo of 80, with a level 36 having a cargo of 70. Two of each is what I have. Frigates work the same way. A level 38 has a cargo of 60, level 29 is 50, and level 23 is 40. Again I keep a mix and always send the smallest ship needed. I try to watch the $ value as well.

burner1232009
12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I keep a mix of man o wars and frigates. A level 49 man o war should get you a cargo of 80, with a level 36 having a cargo of 70. Two of each is what I have. Frigates work the same way. A level 38 has a cargo of 60, level 29 is 50, and level 23 is 40. Again I keep a mix and always send the smallest ship needed. I try to watch the $ value as well.
Thanks so the higher the level the more cargo space

MnemonicSyntax
12-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks so the higher the level the more cargo space

Not necessarily.

Your best bet is to use Hunter Man O' Wars.

Get your wanted level to 4 (there is no 5) and then attack the two ships that eventually hunt you down. One is a Man O' War, the other is either a Brig or a Frigate. The Man O' Wars from the Hunter Patrols have the best stats in storage and speed in the entire game.

pacmanate
12-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Man o Wars have high capacity. 70 minimum to a 90 max
Frigates have a 40 minimum and a 60 maximum
Brigs are around 20-30
Frigates probably the same as brigs
Schooners are around 5-15.

Faceliss Man
12-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I'd like to see an answer on this level 38 frigate issue from somebody at Ubisoft. I have an xbox one and it doesn't matter if I get my level 38 frigate from a pirate hunter squad or from the Chinchorro zone, every single time I capture a level 38 frigate and send it to my fleet the stats revert back to a level 29 frigate when I go into the fleet to decide whether to keep it or salvage it.

level 29 frigates have these following stats: 47 speed, 33 firepower and most importantly 50 cargo capacity

level 38 frigates have these following stats: 50 speed, 35 firepower and most importantly 60 cargo capacity

I need the level 60 cargo, as do others, so I don't have to send out Man-o-Wars on fleet missions with a 55 or 60 cargo requirement.

i know from looking at this forum I am not the only one having this issue, and I have yet to see and answer on any thread about this issue on how to fix it. Mostly just, "yep it's bugged and it sucks"

game had been out for over a month on xbox one and longer on the previous gen consoles... This should be a simple fix