PDA

View Full Version : AC4 = Weak Characters

Shadow213Walker
12-15-2013, 03:13 AM
I love AC, but the bonds Edward is suppose to have with these pirates is lame at best. There's nothing in the game that made me feel sad about them leaving or dieing. I guess the only part I felt was semi decent was Anne and Mary. I guessing we experienced 6-8 years with Edward. Something like this should have been stretched out over 3 different games like in ACII, ACB, and ACR with Ezio. At least then we were able to see the relationships between the main character and his friends. AC with Conner and this one were really lame. I spent more time running around collecting crap than I did playing the actual story line.

Here's what makes a great TV Show drama. Spend many episodes with the same cast (characters), show how they met, why they're friends, what makes them close. Then when one actually dies, it's actually sad. This is just crappy story lines.

Also, stop overloading areas with enemies. I like being able to sneak around killing everything one by one. I really like Aveline's DLC. I felt like that was better than the OG. Liked how she was faster than any other AC characters.

TheRealDABhand
12-15-2013, 03:42 AM
To each their own, Pirates never had close bonds with each other, it was backstabbing and the likes back then.

But the fact you hated the fact there is a lot of enemies in areas where you have to think to succeed, kinda shows to me you are impatient imho, so would explain why you don't have time to understand the story in AC4 and AC3.

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Like the top comment stated, you are clearly rushing through things impatiently. AC:IV has a perfect amount of enemies with enough room to hide, kill, and play stealthy. If you're not taking the time to look around and strategize, that would explain it.

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Sounds like you wanted to unfold the story so fast you didn't appreciate the circumstances. It is said there's no honor among thieves, that applies here. There's only supposed to be a few characters in the game he really feels sad about, and the two most prominent ones you admit they accomplished on the player's end.

What is it about game forums lately, most everyone wants to be a hater. I get the feeling a lot of people are playing because they have nothing else to do and blame their boredom on the game.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 06:35 AM
I felt sadder when Blackbeard died than when Mario died in ACB. So to each their own truly.

TheRealDABhand
12-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Should have spoilered that btw