PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed in Egypt will look 1000 times better than this. (Also with boats)

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTa1HZZh9Bg

Add tons of players playing together in a big sand box (Singleplayer co-op) Game of the year

This game is called cbeyond's Pharaoh's Tomb in Playstation®Home THIS IS NOT AN AC GAME!

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 07:46 PM
...what?

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 07:49 PM
What you mean by what? This is just a game called play station home Pharaoh's tomb

HiddenKiller612
12-14-2013, 07:49 PM
They're called ships....

lothario-da-be
12-14-2013, 07:54 PM
lol casual spotted? :)

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 07:54 PM
"Worst Thread of All Time - 6/10 IGN"

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 07:55 PM
What you mean?

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Why?

lothario-da-be
12-14-2013, 07:59 PM
"Worst Thread of All Time - 6/10 IGN"
A 6 is kinda high don't ya think?

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 08:01 PM
A 6 is kinda high don't ya think?

That's the joke... Most review websites say a game sucks and then give it a decent score because they're afraid of actually rating a game low. IGN most especially.

<.< I thought I wouldn't have to explain that one.

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 08:02 PM
You people don't think that AC will go to Egypt? You are wrong.

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 08:08 PM

Even if they do, which I hope they don't go to Ancient Egypt (A less ancient time period would be alright), it has no relevance or correlation to the "game" you posted the video about. Seriously none. You can't compare them in any way, shape, or form.

lothario-da-be
12-14-2013, 08:09 PM
That's the joke... Most review websites say a game sucks and then give it a decent score because they're afraid of actually rating a game low. IGN most especially.

Well i understood it, was going to add more, something about ign being corrupt. But couldn't find the good words and just let it as it was. :p

lothario-da-be
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I would love Egypt, but thats not where our answers were about.

JazAC3
12-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes it have relevance (Its 3erd person ) because there are not too much games showing how Egypt was (The architecture and the paintings in the wall ) and i wanted you to imagine AC in that setting that it will be 1000 better than this. Capisce?

Fatal-Feit
12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Egypt would make an interesting AC game but somewhere during a conference, the developers said not to bet your money on it.

Also AC didn't invent Egypt or 3rd person.

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes it have relevance (Its 3erd person ) because there are not too much games showing how Egypt was (The architecture and the paintings in the wall ) and i wanted you to imagine AC in that setting that it will be 1000 better than this. Capisce?

You can't compare how much "better" an AC game set in Egypt will be better than this game, because this isn't even the game. It's a single room in a hub based game. One would be a full game set in multiple cities in the era, while this is.. like I said, just a single room with an avatar in it.

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Well i understood it, was going to add more, something about ign being corrupt. But couldn't find the good words and just let it as it was. :p

Lol ign.

But yeah..

killzab
12-14-2013, 08:45 PM

No we're not wrong, it could go there, but it also could NOT.

Megas_Doux
12-14-2013, 08:51 PM

"Cal of duty, again!!!!!!??????? Blah blah blah blah, no innovation, blah blah blah, poor excuse of a campaign, overpriced dlc and general content, bugs, blah blah blah"
8.5/10

IGN.

Kagurra
12-14-2013, 09:05 PM
"Cal of duty, again!!!!!!??????? Blah blah blah blah, no innovation, blah blah blah, poor excuse of a campaign, overpriced dlc and general content, bugs, blah blah blah"
8.5/10

IGN.

Did you just copy paste that one? :rolleyes:

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah sorry dudebro, but this has almost nothing to do with AC. The game you showed is one small home/hub in a completely NON-egypt related game. I get what you were trying to do but that video is of the inside of an egyptian-styled house... AC is about running on rooftops, yknow, the OUTSIDE of buildings so it's hard to compare the two.

THIS egyptian-inspired game is a much more apt comparison since it plays similarly to Prince of Persia which is where AC descends from, features puzzles in tombs, and is somewhat sandboxy (though very small by today's standards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hH6H5SL4c

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Yeah sorry dudebro, but this has almost nothing to do with AC. The game you showed is one small home/hub in a completely NON-egypt related game. I get what you were trying to do but that video is of the inside of an egyptian-styled house... AC is about running on rooftops, yknow, the OUTSIDE of buildings so it's hard to compare the two.

THIS egyptian-inspired game is a much more apt comparison since it plays similarly to Prince of Persia which is where AC descends from, features puzzles in tombs, and is somewhat sandboxy (though very small by today's standards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hH6H5SL4c

Should've linked a video of Serious Sam: TFE. :(

But yeah, in all seriousness there's really no apt comparison to a would-be AC game set in ancient Egypt.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 06:43 AM
..What? Why? and how?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Should've linked a video of Serious Sam: TFE. :(

But yeah, in all seriousness there's really no apt comparison to a would-be AC game set in ancient Egypt.

But Sphinx is a third person action adventure game with platforming and puzzle elements set in Egypt. Serious Sam is a first person arena shooter (x

I know Sphinx is hardly close to a good comparison but it's actually closer than anything I can think of (cartoony visuals and speaking bird-people and all.)

My only hesitation, like for any setting, comes down to... are the cities good? And I don't know if ancient Egypt had cities fun for parkour or not.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 07:03 AM
But Sphinx is a third person action adventure game with platforming and puzzle elements set in Egypt. Serious Sam is a first person arena shooter (x

T'was a joke.

I know Sphinx is hardly close to a good comparison but it's actually closer than anything I can think of (cartoony visuals and speaking bird-people and all.)

My only hesitation, like for any setting, comes down to... are the cities good? And I don't know if ancient Egypt had cities fun for parkour or not.

Who knows about the cities, really. But think about it, AC1 was super primitive in terms of buildings (for the most part) and weaponry. Ancient egypt would be like 2 thousands years BEFORE that, so I doubt they could make a hidden blade with the primitive materials mainstream scientists believe they had at the time. The cities probably weren't that great for parkour I can imagine though. Very short and flat, and repetitive in design. I guess if they could figure out the city thing they could argue that they found First Civ stuff and made strong metal hidden blades and stuff.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 07:19 AM
T'was a joke.

Ah, my bad.

Who knows about the cities, really. But think about it, AC1 was super primitive in terms of buildings (for the most part) and weaponry. Ancient egypt would be like 2 thousands years BEFORE that, so I doubt they could make a hidden blade with the primitive materials mainstream scientists believe they had at the time. The cities probably weren't that great for parkour I can imagine though. Very short and flat, and repetitive in design. I guess if they could figure out the city thing they could argue that they found First Civ stuff and made strong metal hidden blades and stuff.

I don't think AC1 was that primitive. I was just playing around in Acre and Jerusalem a few weeks ago and while AC2 cities are almost unarguably better and bigger...the actual layout and density of the cities wasn't that different. They were smaller in terms of how many stories they were but not by a ridiculous amount really. AC2 just had more cathedrals and large buildings as well. AC3 on the other hand was the worst cities to date -- the buildings were about as flat as AC1 but had wider streets meaning the parkour was severely lacking, both NY and Boston didn't seem too different whereas the cities in AC1 each have their own color palette instead of just being shades of brown, and there were hardly any towers...the Ezio trilogy probably has the highest viewpoints and the most viewpoints of the series but AC1 had a decent amount while AC3 was just meh in that regard too.

That said, I guess they could say the First Civ helped in the contruction of the Pyramids but also in the cities themselves but the actual advancements of the cities have been lost to time either just because OR by Templar interference. As for hidden blades, I believe canonically, hidden blades were used much later than Ancient Egypt but that's something that could easily be retconned. Besides, I believe they left it open for change since it just says "first known use of the hidden blade was in ____" -- can't remember the year but I believe it was later than Ancient Egyptian time.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Ah, my bad.

I don't think AC1 was that primitive. I was just playing around in Acre and Jerusalem a few weeks ago and while AC2 cities are almost unarguably better and bigger...the actual layout and density of the cities wasn't that different. They were smaller in terms of how many stories they were but not by a ridiculous amount really. AC2 just had more cathedrals and large buildings as well. AC3 on the other hand was the worst cities to date -- the buildings were about as flat as AC1 but had wider streets meaning the parkour was severely lacking, both NY and Boston didn't seem too different whereas the cities in AC1 each have their own color palette instead of just being shades of brown, and there were hardly any towers...the Ezio trilogy probably has the highest viewpoints and the most viewpoints of the series but AC1 had a decent amount while AC3 was just meh in that regard too.

That said, I guess they could say the First Civ helped in the contruction of the Pyramids but also in the cities themselves but the actual advancements of the cities have been lost to time either just because OR by Templar interference. As for hidden blades, I believe canonically, hidden blades were used much later than Ancient Egypt but that's something that could easily be retconned. Besides, I believe they left it open for change since it just says "first known use of the hidden blade was in ____" -- can't remember the year but I believe it was later than Ancient Egyptian time.

The being more primitive thing was more relating to clothing and weapons. In an Ancient Egypt we'd have like a stone dagger and a big axe with like copper tips or something. Really boring IMO. Like I've said before, I'd be totally fine with non-ancient Egypt though.

SixKeys
12-15-2013, 08:08 AM
The being more primitive thing was more relating to clothing and weapons. In an Ancient Egypt we'd have like a stone dagger and a big axe with like copper tips or something. Really boring IMO. Like I've said before, I'd be totally fine with non-ancient Egypt though.

Not necessarily. For one, there's the excuse of giving the assassin weapons crafted from more durable TWCB materials and secondly, the excuse of using the Animus to handwave away a few inconsistencies or anachronisms. There was plenty of this in AC4.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Not necessarily. For one, there's the excuse of giving the assassin weapons crafted from more durable TWCB materials and secondly, the excuse of using the Animus to handwave away a few inconsistencies or anachronisms. There was plenty of this in AC4.

I know... I just don't think Ancient Egypt is a good setting for an AC game just because of the First Civ aspect and the mysteries that surround that time period. Maybe a different game that doesn't follow an Assassin's Creed formula.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I know... I just don't think Ancient Egypt is a good setting for an AC game just because of the First Civ aspect and the mysteries that surround that time period. Maybe a different game that doesn't follow an Assassin's Creed formula.

Yeah, like I've said before: go too far back and it's so primitive that it's not very fun. Go too far forward and it's so advanced that it's not very fun. Modern and ancient AC are probably and hopefully things that won't ever be done. Which is good.

aL_____eX
12-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, like I've said before: go too far back and it's so primitive that it's not very fun. Go too far forward and it's so advanced that it's not very fun. Modern and ancient AC are probably and hopefully things that won't ever be done. Which is good.
I really hope they creat a stunning new modern day setting and story for the next 4 or 5 games and end it with a game set at the time the game comes out. I know many of you don't like or enjoy the modern day aspect of AC, but I always loved it and hated the fact how they screwed up Desmond's end. Hope Ubisoft puts more effort into the modern day part again. The idea is so promising!

Only bad thing about a whole modern AC would be, that AC lives from its historical inspirations and that this would disapper. But I would love to see maybe how the Assassins teams spread all over the world work together, maybe led by our new protagonist? There is so many things the modern day story didn't give me yet and so many stories to be told...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I really hope they creat a stunning new modern day setting and story for the next 4 or 5 games and end it with a game set at the time the game comes out. I know many of you don't like or enjoy the modern day aspect of AC, but I always loved it and hated the fact how they screwed up Desmond's end. Hope Ubisoft puts more effort into the modern day part again. The idea is so promising!

Only bad thing about a whole modern AC would be, that AC lives from its historical inspirations and that this would disapper. But I would love to see maybe how the Assassins teams spread all over the world work together, maybe led by our new protagonist? There is so many things the modern day story didn't give me yet and so many stories to be told...

I like the modern day aspect of AC and felt they were working to something awesome with Desmond. Going from the first game where he doesn't know WHAT'S going on to the end when the Bleed Effect lets him see messages to AC2 where the Assassins use the Bleed Effect to speed up the training Desmond needs to the end where he gets to use the hidden blade and fight like an Assassin to ACB where we finally get a small area to test his newfound parkour abilities out (the deserted villa) to ACR where he came to terms with his past.... and then in AC3 they didn't DO anything with it. Like, at all. We climbed a building (oooh how different from the other things we've climbed as Desmond) and had two missions with him. And then he dies. For pretty much nothing because Juno is released. I felt so cheated after the end to AC3 especially since the rest of AC3's plot regarding Connor and the Revolution was good. And unless they decide to openly retcon the ending to 3 (and unless it's a total reboot of the franchise, they won't), it means Desmond's story is f**ked up forever.

That said, the entire concept of a modern day AC is unappealing to me. What would make it different from literally EVERY other open world game? At that point it's literally just GTA with a white hoodie. And considering every game since the second has allowed us to wear different colors or entirely different outfits, it's basically just GTA. When would hidden blades ever be useful? It would just become a cover-based shooter set in a modern day city like GTA or Saints Row. So I have to say a modern day AC is a terrible, terrible idea. But I agree Desmond's story was butchered and I hate that they did that.

AherasSTRG
12-15-2013, 11:11 AM
1. Stupid thread, I do not know why it has got so many comments. And
2. what's up with people talking about Ancient Egypt??? If the next game goes to Egypt (I personally believe that is the case), it is going to be to Egypt of the 12th century, around Altair's age.

aL_____eX
12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I like the modern day aspect of AC and felt they were working to something awesome with Desmond. Going from the first game where he doesn't know WHAT'S going on to the end when the Bleed Effect lets him see messages to AC2 where the Assassins use the Bleed Effect to speed up the training Desmond needs to the end where he gets to use the hidden blade and fight like an Assassin to ACB where we finally get a small area to test his newfound parkour abilities out (the deserted villa) to ACR where he came to terms with his past.... and then in AC3 they didn't DO anything with it. Like, at all. We climbed a building (oooh how different from the other things we've climbed as Desmond) and had two missions with him. And then he dies. For pretty much nothing because Juno is released. I felt so cheated after the end to AC3 especially since the rest of AC3's plot regarding Connor and the Revolution was good. And unless they decide to openly retcon the ending to 3 (and unless it's a total reboot of the franchise, they won't), it means Desmond's story is f**ked up forever.

That said, the entire concept of a modern day AC is unappealing to me. What would make it different from literally EVERY other open world game? At that point it's literally just GTA with a white hoodie. And considering every game since the second has allowed us to wear different colors or entirely different outfits, it's basically just GTA. When would hidden blades ever be useful? It would just become a cover-based shooter set in a modern day city like GTA or Saints Row. So I have to say a modern day AC is a terrible, terrible idea. But I agree Desmond's story was butchered and I hate that they did that.
I know it would be very difficult but I believe not impossible to avoid a modern AC being too much of a shooter. For example Ubisoft could go back to the frontier. I really loved the locations of ACIII. and the modern story has so much of these stories. I looked through the Initiates database some days ago and felt like the Assassins vs. Templars war could be so intensive, if Ubisoft liked the idea of giving it more weight in future games again. Abstergo still is not dead and the Templars still got the upper hand in my opinion! The return of Shaun and Rebecca gave me some hope that they one day will close the gap, the ending of ACIII left!

What about the current Templar grandmasters? The hunt for the First Civs artifacts? And also what about Juno who is now free again and ready to enslave mankind? I think it's good marketing by Ubisoft to expand their franchise to books, comics, new projects (Initiates) etc. but my biggest wish is that they would bring the whole Templars/Assassins/First Civ conflict back to the main games and tell us more of the mystical stuff they started so excellent with in the first games!

I'm aware of the fact, that historical events and epochs are the main component of AC games, but there is the Animus (used by a person living in the present) and there is Abstergo (the modern Templars) and there are The Ones Who Came Before, 3 major elements, which are important to me! And that's why I wouldn't deny a game set in the present time! There is a way to overcome cliche shooter like gameplay, I believe, just because AC is so much more fictional than e.g. GTA and so there is a way to still use hidden blades, artifacts, and this whole mystical stuff :)

Maybe one day I will be satisfied and can tell my children that AC gave me everything I hoped the story would give me! (sounds sooooo dramatic!)

And Yes, I DO have a real life, but AC is my favorite video game franchise and I always loved playing the game, every single one in its very own way

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Double post

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM

Modern day won't be Assassin's Creed. It'll just be another Splinter Cell , Ghost Recon , or Wtach_Dogs with AC slapped onto the title.

DinoSteve1
12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
I disagree, I could see AC working very well in a modern day setting.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Modern day won't be Assassin's Creed. It'll just be another Splinter Cell , Ghost Recon , or Wtach_Dogs with AC slapped onto the title.

Agreed. It could be a very good stealth game, but it won't be Assassins Creed. It would be a cross between GTA and any number of stealth games that already exist.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
I disagree, I could see AC working very well in a modern day setting.

Go play the mission in AC3 where Desmond attacks the Templar building from the first AC and you'll see why you're wrong. Either the guards (Templar guards no less in this specific occasion) unrealistically fight you with beat sticks while Desmond walks in there with a combat knife. No guns or anything for the guy massacring everything. SO there's that side.

AND THEN, there's the side with guns. In that very same mission Desmond acquires a silenced pistol from somebody. Some people never noticed this as I saw in some gameplay videos. You shoot it with Y (on xbox) just like when you're Connor. When they send groups of enemies at you, you clear them out in literally 1.5 seconds with quickfire and reload instantly. Stupidly unfun and you could never have a game based around that. Even the enemies that have guns in that mission (a couple I think) take forever to aim and shoot you just as if they were using muskets. It's terribly done and go replay that mission if you still don't believe me.

DinoSteve1
12-15-2013, 08:38 PM
and whats makes you think they would do it like that.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Go play the mission in AC3 where Desmond attacks the Templar building from the first AC and you'll see why you're wrong. Either the guards (Templar guards no less in this specific occasion) unrealistically fight you with beat sticks while Desmond walks in there with a combat knife. No guns or anything for the guy massacring everything. SO there's that side.

AND THEN, there's the side with guns. In that very same mission Desmond acquires a silenced pistol from somebody. Some people never noticed this as I saw in some gameplay videos. You shoot it with Y (on xbox) just like when you're Connor. When they send groups of enemies at you, you clear them out in literally 1.5 seconds with quickfire and reload instantly. Stupidly unfun and you could never have a game based around that. Even the enemies that have guns in that mission (a couple I think) take forever to aim and shoot you just as if they were using muskets. It's terribly done and go replay that mission if you still don't believe me.

Yes, and last year after AC3, some people cited that mission as an example on how modern day AC can work. I can't believe it. And what about guards who'd shoot you only once every 5 minutes? The problem is, if you iron out these problems even, and it should be fairly easy, there'll be virtually no difference between AC and Splinter Cell for example. Absolutely none.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes, and last year after AC3, some people cited that mission as an example on how modern day AC can work. I can't believe it. And what about guards who'd shoot you only once every 5 minutes? The problem is, if you iron out these problems even, and it should be fairly easy, there'll be virtually no difference between AC and Splinter Cell for example. Absolutely none.

And even with the new free aim system and those fixes, Watch Dogs will kill any reason to have a modern day AC. I'm glad future AC games will take some notes from Watch Dogs.