PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft servers are not available - mac

DavePerek
12-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Have been unable to get into Shop or leaderboards on Rocksmith 2014 for a few weeks. It is kind of strange since I was able to use these features when I first bought the game. Getting Ubisoft servers are not available... message. I have tried to solve this thru tech support but they have not been able to provide an answer. Anybody come up a solution for this? Have this on a 2013 mac mini.

toymachinesh
12-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Did you ever sign into UPlay?

DavePerek
12-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Yes, when I click Uplay in RS14, it launches Safari browser with my UPlay account info

toymachinesh
12-13-2013, 10:51 PM
No I mean when you launched the game, did it ask you to login to UPlay.

DavePerek
12-13-2013, 10:59 PM
It may have originally, I don't recall. But it doesn't ask anymore.

toymachinesh
12-13-2013, 11:10 PM
It may have originally, I don't recall. But it doesn't ask anymore.

If you never signed in and the screen isn't showing up, I'd recommend you removing and then reinstalling the game. Unless someone else knows a way to get that in game UPlay login screen to show up again.

DavePerek
12-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Confirmed that I did sign on to UPlay originally as UPlay shows my progress in the game. Spoke to support again, they are referring problem to developer.

SquirrellyNinja
12-14-2013, 12:57 AM
If you never signed in and the screen isn't showing up, I'd recommend you removing and then reinstalling the game. Unless someone else knows a way to get that in game UPlay login screen to show up again.

I don't believe the Uplay launcher comes up on Macs. It's possible that Ubisoft servers are down at this very moment.

toymachinesh
12-14-2013, 01:06 AM
I don't believe the Uplay launcher comes up on Macs. It's possible that Ubisoft servers are down at this very moment.

Yeah there's no UPlay launcher (I discovered that awhile ago when wondering why I didn't get the updates). There is however a "sign into UPlay screen" much like the one that came up on Xbox 360.

SquirrellyNinja
12-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah there's no UPlay launcher (I discovered that awhile ago when wondering why I didn't get the updates). There is however a "sign into UPlay screen" much like the one that came up on Xbox 360.

Ah you're talking about the in-game prompt?

DavePerek
12-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Also, installed Steam and RS14 on a different Mac in a different house (different router, different ISP, different city) and experienced the same problem. This eliminates my computer and my router as possible issues. Remaining possibilities: my Uplay Account is messed up or something on Ubisoft's side is messed up.

toymachinesh
12-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Ah you're talking about the in-game prompt?

*nods* is there a way to get that to show up?