PDA

View Full Version : Mystery DLC?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-13-2013, 07:44 PM
As we all know Freedom Cry will be released next week.
It is said to be 4hrs of added gameplay and will run you 9.99 USD
We just had Blackbeard join the mp fun for 2.99 USD
Do the math, that's 13 USD.
The price of the season pass at 20 USD promises atleast 25 USD worth of DLC...
Now obviously pre order bonuses will make up 3-4 USD of that chunk.
BUT What could be those other 8 to 9+ USD?
:) :) We are going to get a surpriseeee.
Any thoughts?

Also, does 10USD sound a bit pricey for 4 hours?
Especially given the fact naval is a confirmed aspect of the dlc?

DarktheMagister
12-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Don't forget the discount on Liberation HD. That was $5.

ze_topazio
12-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Connor visits the Caribbeans in search of a something left behind by the legendary Adéwalé.

Shahkulu101
12-14-2013, 12:04 AM
Connor visits the Caribbeans in search of a something left behind by the legendary Adéwalé.

Give meeeeee

I-Like-Pie45
12-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Connor isn't coming back cause he isn't profitable.

And the Illumina- I mean Ubisoft wants that $$$

D.I.D.
12-14-2013, 12:17 AM

I don't think that's it. If you pay for a discount, it's not a discount is it? That's a deposit.

adventurewomen
12-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Liberation HD is a stand-alone game, set in the same time period as AC3. Nothing to do with AC4. I know I'm stating the obvious..

Toa TAK
12-14-2013, 12:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1335622&dateline=1384689047

Sorry, your post worked so well with your banner.

DarktheMagister
12-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Liberation HD is a stand-alone game, set in the same time period as AC3. Nothing to do with AC4. I know I'm stating the obvious..

Indeed it is and indeed you are... but the Season Pass still give you a discount.

guardian_titan
12-14-2013, 01:41 AM
The Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Season Pass gives you access to the exclusive Kraken Ship pack, a new 3+ hour single player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, plus multiplayer characters and more.

Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack:
Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes a sail, wheel, and figurehead inspired by the legendary sea monsters known for swallowing ships, men and whales

All New Single Player Story:
Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw where he became Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Now, 15 years later, Adewale has become a trained Assassin who finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without weapons or crew. He starts to meet locals in an effort to assemble a crew and steal a ship. The more he helps, however, the more he is drawn into the Maroon slave community. Forced to face his past, Adewale sets out to free the slaves and bring death to their captors. Over 3 hours of new single-player gameplay!

More Multiplayer Mayhem:
Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience
Season pass info on Steam. Granted, it's for the PC version, but it should be the same for the other editions, too. There's no mention of a $5 discount on Liberation. So where's that supposed to be at? Be rather strange to offer a discount for another game. It'd basically be a middle finger to those that either already own it on Vita and/or those that won't get Liberation. That's a waste of $5 for those people. If the season pass has a $5 off coupon for Liberation, it's likely a promotion some businesses are doing and not specific to the season pass itself. It's basically: buy AC4 (season pass) and get $5 off Liberation. It's a marketing ploy. No different from buy one, get a second for 50% off deals.

Put another way: evidence (as in a link) that shows the $5 off Liberation with the AC4 season pass or it's not real. I'm not seeing it anywhere for the season pass. It's not listed on Steam. It's not listed on Amazon. It's not listed on Gamestop. Soooo ...
Definitely curious what the remaining money will be related to. Adéwalé's DLC coming out so soon is rather strange in of itself especially with so little advertising leading up to it, but to see the known content's value doesn't add up to the season pass's value let alone the full price, makes you wonder what's up. Either there's something more coming that they're keeping hush hush about (another connection to AC5 perhaps or perhaps something more with Edward, Connor, and/or Haytham) or they're hoping no one notices and they're ripping people off. Possible it's just digital extras like the soundtrack for Freedom Cry although I'd hope not.

Adéwalé doesn't interest me in the slightest and I don't do multiplayer so if this is all there is to offer, when I do get the game, I won't feel so bad not getting the DLC. If the mystery DLC is of interest to me, then I might be more compelled to get at least that.

DarktheMagister
12-15-2013, 10:07 PM
That would be because the promotion is PSN only.

I'm not sure about the XBOX market.

Shahkulu101
12-16-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm pretty sure our 'Mystery DLC' will just be the pre-order exclusives from GameStop, Amazon etcetera released to to everyone that didn't buy the special editions for a substantial fee.

mukwag
12-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Didn't the developers say that there will be more than 5 DLC characters? We already got 3, and there's two more that are yet to be released.