PDA

View Full Version : Save file lost what the f?

lordkyrix
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah, just as I happily downloaded my update and try to finish the remnants of quests, all I see is Start a New Game on Single player. Someone care to explain about this?

MarkusKocher
12-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Hm, I had the same issue.

magnuzor
12-14-2013, 09:52 PM
My save also got lost! What ist this? I do not want to start all over again from the beginning!

Rrandalthor
12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
there is a stuff called "cloud". I wonder that this cloud thing is useful stuff or not?

So ubi? What's gonna be? can we use cloud to save our save game file or not?

or not?

Sdwakias
12-15-2013, 02:22 PM
It's because the servers are down. I formatted my PC just today, but since the game cannot connect to the clouds, I cannot view my saves.

burtie80
12-15-2013, 02:40 PM
My PC suffered a catastrophic failure this week which resulted in me having to rebuild my rig. I just installed Uplay and AC4 thinking my save game was in the cloud and would show up...it didn't and I was mighty annoyed. I was only half way through the game.

So is this because the servers are down? Or am I going to have to start again?

Zachal84
12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
i hope so....
have the same Problem.

installed Win8.1 because its really good since the update and want to continue my Game.
downloaded all over Steam, and Uplay again, start the Game, BAM !
Singleplayer "New Game" all 3 Slots Empty.

i really hope the Servers are down atm....
Was on the Way to 100%

burtie80
12-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I am seriously going to cry if I have to start again... :(

I don't have a huge amount of time to game, it's taken me ages to get this far, and if I have to start from the beginning I seriously doubt that I'll ever finish the game at all :(

Zachal84
12-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Steam says 45 hous, but it must be much more, Uplay says ~60, i feel with you

Zachal84
12-15-2013, 06:02 PM
The Cloud in AC:Black Flag is broken, i testet the Trials Evolution Cloud and it worked without Problems.
Thanks for your broken Cloud, who killed hours of Gameplay....

Rrandalthor
12-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Do we have to wait for an offical announcment or what?

burtie80
12-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Still no save game sync...just new game :(

Zachal84
12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
i dont want to make a new game.
i have a little hope, that ubisoft have my savegame in the cloud
and im afraid, that the new game overwrite the old in the cloud

----
another Thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810094-Save-game-lost/page10

burtie80
12-15-2013, 09:36 PM
i dont want to make a new game.
i have a little hope, that ubisoft have my savegame in the cloud
and im afraid, that the new game overwrite the old in the cloud

----
another Thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810094-Save-game-lost/page10

I have that fear too :confused:

MISFITSWITCH
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Mine says same thing today. Right after DL the patch.

Qoheles
12-16-2013, 05:38 PM
It's because the servers are down. I formatted my PC just today, but since the game cannot connect to the clouds, I cannot view my saves.
I sincerely hope that this is the problem...

I'm in the exact same situation.

MISFITSWITCH
12-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Why does U soft not just come out and say right on the front page what is going on? Why can none of these game makers be straight up and help full. They try and hide the facts.

emailx45
12-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Try use the WinRar Profile for backup the folder "saves"

In Windows use ALT+TAB for access the shortcut and ready!

burtie80
12-17-2013, 12:22 AM
This is from the Ubi support page: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

CLOUD SYNC AND BACKING UP YOUR SAVE GAMESQuestion
http://static13.cdn.ubi.com/respondez/Banners/AC4.jpg

Why are my save games no longer syncing with multiple PCs for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?
I'm worried about losing my progress and I want to backup my save game, where can I find them?AnswerThe Uplay PC Cloud save synchronisation for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag has been disabled while we improve its functionality. In the meantime, you can copy your local saves and take them with you to continue playing without losing your progress.

If you wish to continue playing on a different PC, or you wish to back up your save, go to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher

Here you find the “savegames” folder with all savegame files for your account(s) and game(s). Make a copy of the folder and paste it to the same Uplay PC folder on the other computer you want to use for gaming. Once you log back into Uplay PC on the alternative PC, your save will be detected and you can continue from where you quit the game(s) the last time.

http://static13.cdn.ubi.com/respondez/EN/AC4_savegames.png

Well that sucks :(

I've asked a question on what will happen to my current cloud save games.

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 12:16 PM
im hoping that means that cloud games will pop back up as the sync is just disabled but ive not a clue
its scaring the hell out of all of us
and making me enemies in many initates threads as people dont believe me about anything on that site
they rarely come here and look