PDA

View Full Version : future of Assassin's Creed series (Ubisoft please consider this)

Catintheoven
12-13-2013, 05:17 PM
They should have next Assassins Creed game target World War II... during that AC series Hitler was believed to have a piece of Eden. Let us also remember that AC 4 hacked computer files indicates subject zero was testing with Abstergo and was "reliving" her. Husbands grandmothers memories from being captive and interrogated during WWII 

I truly love Assassin's Creed series and I believe going to Egypt would take away from the series....
Just my two cents
plus I believe there was a mini game or you could play as a Russian assassin during World War 2

aL_____eX
12-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm from Germany and WW2 is still haunting us (edit: that sounds weird. Just exaggerating a bit!), so I really hope Ubisoft does not bring the AC series to Germany in the 1940s. Also there are so many very very interesting countries for AC games to take place at at, for example like you mentioned, Egypt, India, Japan etc.
I think WW2 should not be a topic for such a great game series as AC is! It's a trite topic and nothing special to experience anymore as you can watch tons of documentaries about this time period on the internet...

I hope no one is misunderstanding me. I don't want to play this topic down, just say that it's not fitting the AC series! i liked the little glyph riddles in ACII and Brotherhood, but that's it!

MnemonicSyntax
12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
They should have next Assassins Creed game target World War II... during that AC series Hitler was believed to have a piece of Eden. Let us also remember that AC 4 hacked computer files indicates subject zero was testing with Abstergo and was "reliving" her. Husbands grandmothers memories from being captive and interrogated during WWII 

I truly love Assassin's Creed series and I believe going to Egypt would take away from the series....
Just my two cents
plus I believe there was a mini game or you could play as a Russian assassin during World War 2

It won't happen. It's too "modern." There was an email during the hacking sequences that state that "modern" stuff was out.

pirate1802
12-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Play The Saboteur OP, it is AC in all but the name. Really. I used to be a restless soul too, wanting my WW2 AC game until I stumbled upon it. Then I was satiated and went back to my grave.

helenharry
12-13-2013, 10:40 PM
How about the Ancient Greek's? Think about the philosophy and society . We also have pre-history like the Babylonians,the Ice Age where you come into contact with neanderthals and mammoths etc and we know very litle giving the game writers alot more to play with. The viking era or the invasion of Africa and slave trade origins. If we do England why not the mythical era when Stonehenge was built or Medieval Times they were brutal!

guardian_titan
12-13-2013, 11:21 PM
World War II is far too much of a sensitive topic for Ubisoft to cover. There are people who claim WWII was a giant hoax despite the millions who died. Talk about denial. World War I likely won't be covered, either. So anything prior to 1900 is likely fair game, but 1900 onward is not likely to happen. And Ubisoft already has a Russian Assassin (Nikolai Orelov). He's in the comics. And since his story was done fairly recently, they're not likely to retread it anytime soon even with a different Assassin.

Going back too far has issues with the story not being realistic. The story ends up too fantasy/sci fi. So chances are the games will stay within recorded history and that likely being during or after the Dark Ages to 1900 where we have more solid records. I'd like to see Greece and Egypt myself, but the history there is often up to interpretation. So many lost and altered records. Hard to tell what's real and what someone screwed around with. Rome might be likely, but they already did Ezio despite being several hundred years later. Would Ubisoft retread the same city even with the era being different?

I wouldn't look too much at those hacking e-mails. Some of what's in it is just a jab at the fans. One's a reference to a cartoon (The Simpsons) who did a very short parody of Assassin's Creed a few years back so certainly won't happen. And it'd be too easy if the next game was eluded to in those e-mails. I have to wonder if the clue is something far less obvious. Granted, best place to hide is often in plain sight.

My guess is that the next game will either be in the 1000s, late 1200s, 1300s, late 1500s, 1600s, or 1800s. Over what, no clue. Possible they could also retread an era already covered but with someone else in a different location (like Shao Jun). I have no interest in a Chinese or Japanese Assassin, though. Too cliché for me. I'm rather tired of them.

ze_topazio
12-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Dinosaur age, main character is a Velociraptor.

I-Like-Pie45
12-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Inglourious Basterds already killed Hitler and did such an amazing job of it that AC's version would be a shallow imitation.

DarktheMagister
12-14-2013, 01:29 AM
I still think it's going to be the British Raj.

subho98
12-14-2013, 01:40 AM
I know this is out of the blue but I just have to say it,

I think The creators of Assassin's creed should create a unique and different world for their next games, after assassin's creed 4 which is a pirate game. I would really love it if the creators would really think about creating an INDONESIAN version of an assassin's creed game. I think it would be great for Ubisoft to expand their knowledge in different culture and different History of the parts of the world that they haven't discovered yet. Far cry 3 did it, they put an Indonesian looking island there with its unique animals such as the Komodo Dragon and the Sumatran Tiger and so I think why can't the assassin's creed franchise do that!

Plus Indonesia is an island, so maybe they will keep the "Controlling the Ship" type game play just like in assassin's creed 4. Exploring different cultures meaning expanding your views and it shows that the Assassin have a much larger community...
Its just something that I had in my mind for a very long time...
Thank You if you have read it this far....

DinoSteve1
12-14-2013, 02:27 AM
I don't think its to sensitive a topic to cover, the reason you revist things like this, is so they never happen again, saying that I also don't want to see it, because I'm tired of looking at World War II, its all thats ever on the Hitler sorry History channel.

Sigv4rd
12-14-2013, 03:39 AM
I'd rather have a comic devoted to WW1/WW2. I think that is what the comics/other media should be used for: Covering settings & time periods that would make terrible AC games...
But please not WW2!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-14-2013, 03:46 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/106251/3490700-1620818-epic_face_palm.jpg

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-14-2013, 03:47 AM
I'd rather have a comic devoted to WW1/WW2. I think that is what the comics/other media should be used for: Covering settings & time periods that would make terrible AC games...
But please not WW2!

This.

Sigv4rd
12-14-2013, 05:12 AM
This.

I wish AC:Brahman was set in WW2 or Victorian England... And not called AC:Brahman...

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 05:34 AM
But please not WW2!

Yep exactly. Which is why I get irritated when I see settings perfectly good for full games pushed into comics. :(

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 05:43 AM
Btw, I hope they move away from the ship aspects in the next game and do something unique again. AC4 felt so fresh (to me atleast) because it departed so radically from the established AC formula. I'd like to see them do something like that again.

And I think AC is an unique franchise in that regards. It can be in any era, have any sort of protagonist and gameplay, and still be an AC game as long as they keep some basic concepts intact. They should utilize its potential and not stay stuck with mere ship stuff.

XxRTDxXDELTA
12-14-2013, 06:00 AM
I hope that there will be a new Present day Protagonist, like Desmond Miles.

Sigv4rd
12-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Yep exactly. Which is why I get irritated when I see settings perfectly good for full games pushed into comics. :(

I think that an AC game in India should be set earlier... In the Mughal Empire?

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 07:21 AM
I think that an AC game in India should be set earlier... In the Mughal Empire?

Yeah, it would be boring to have the Brits as the singular enemies yet again. So Mughal Empire or even earlier, during the overthrow of the Nanda Dynasty back in Alexander's times.

MnemonicSyntax
12-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I hope that there will be a new Present day Protagonist, like Desmond Miles.

According to Darby, that's not happening either.

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 05:50 PM
lol

STDlyMcStudpants
12-14-2013, 06:00 PM
They flat out tell you in AC IV they want to stay away from any modern era with vehicles because something about the mind and driving lol
Don't expect an AC to happen from 1850 onward

PXCastro
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
My top 5 places for an AC game.

1- Assassin's Creed in Roman Empire
See the Colossus of Nero, the Flavian Amphitheatre (Colosseum) with gladiatorial battles, walk through the Roman Forum, the Baths of Trajan and aqueducts in full operation, participate in racing chariots in the Circus Maximus, and many more.
Maybe being a gladiator who won the games and being freed and trained by Senator Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus.

2- Assassin's Creed in Old Swiss Confederation
The beginning of the Old Swiss Confederation was on August 1, 1291. It started with the cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden who formed an alliance against Habsburg house.
Later the Rütlischwur officiated this alliance and more cantons were joining the cause. Cantons with different languages, religions and traditions but united by their desire for independence.
Places like lake Lucerne, step Gotthard, castles, villages, valleys and alpine mountains would give a good scenario. Include the Battle of Morgarten that became the swiss warriors famous, include the legend of William Tell, and many more.

3- Assassin's Creed in Feudal Japan

4- Assassin's Creed in Viking Age

5- Assassin's Creed in Europe during the World War II

MorsSicarius
12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Victorian London would be awesome, would not mind seeing China or Japan but to me Victorian London would be spectacular, fully custimizable character if the player is now the main modern day character why not an assassin that is "Our" ancestor so we can then choose what they look like the ancestors gender facial features so on. Add in a large variety of weapons from different cultures london knew of at the time we can arm our assassin with not just afew different weapons with different designs and silly stats and ability to equip and unequip weapons at an upgradeable hideout under the streets of London with a walk in wardrobe to change outfits. The genders can have a fixed surname which is what everyone reffers to you as but you choose first name kind of like mass effect in that respect.

Remove thoe stupid animus fragments that do nothing and silly fillers that do nothing and make the side quests more imersive and really benefit the players ancestor such as the option to take "un-creed like" contracts to gain advantages like courtesans and thugs for aid really make you earn your advantages rather running around collecting sparkly objects and flag (most boring thing ever second only to solitaire) hell the player could be a outside of the creed trained assassin on the run from the templars after the ancestors first botched assignment and the assassins approach you with an invitation eventually (once you have made enough "friends" and earned enough "reputation") and assistance in exchange for lending them your skills.

Hell jack the ripper could be a Templar Assassin and your ancestor could be the one charge with stopping him or through your deeds the templar label your ancestor jack the ripper in an attempt to smeer your effort and hardwork.

I Have no desire to go to Egypt and would not buy it if they do lets leap of faith off a pyramid and face plant halfway down we can name the new game Assassin's Creed: Flatten Face, which is sad cause egypt does have a rich culture and history. I wouldnt mind rome as long as the assassin doesnt wear one of the roman skirts think about it people arial assassinations would result in some revealing moment same if they had a scottish assassin...you know...kilts and all that and that free flowing breeze.... Not real interested in india either really, nope Victoria london has my vote.

If they are having issues with story they can hire a friend of mine guy is a wizard with a pen and paper altho a tad..insane and is hoping to get a story he writing published soon. lol

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I'd much rather have Jack the Ripper be an Assassin eliminating Templar targets after whivh the Templars fudge the history books to present him as a psychopathic killer

Kinda like the Nightstalker from the multiplayer. By his attire and his behavior he totally reminds me of Jack the Ripper. I thought he was a neutral psychopath or a Templar at best, but turns out he was an Assassin.

Charles_Phipps
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
They flat out tell you in AC IV they want to stay away from any modern era with vehicles because something about the mind and driving lol
Don't expect an AC to happen from 1850 onward

Yes, it's kind of idiotic to do Assassins creed parkour when you can drive to locations.

Things I want to avoid.

1. Nothing in the modern era with cars or automatic weapons.
2. Nothing in the 20th century.
3. Nothing in the Modern Day.
4. Nothing before Ancient Rome.