PDA

View Full Version : War Clubs: AC3's Hidden Treasure

LoyalACFan
12-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Okay, so this is a little late, but I was screwing around in AC3 today comparing the combat to AC4's, and I just realized how much I like the war clubs.

1. They provide a little link to Connor's heritage, something I thought was kind of underplayed in AC3.
2. The animations look better than the stupid clumsy sword ones.
3. All the talk about Connor's anger issues coming out in his fighting style are really emphasized in his war club animations.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people skipped right over them since you could literally 100% the game without ever setting foot in a shop.

pacmanate
12-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Actually you had to buy some stuff for Norris from a shop.

LoyalACFan
12-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Actually you had to buy some stuff for Norris from a shop.

Oh yeah. I think for Big Dave too. Still, you get my drift. You could easily beat every enemy with your default equipment.

Shahkulu101
12-13-2013, 01:33 AM
AC3s combat is miles better than IVs.

pacmanate
12-13-2013, 01:36 AM
AC3s combat is miles better than IVs.

Agree. Im getting really bored with just my dual swords and hidden blade now and im only on my second playthrough. I find myself trying to pick up single swords and axes now in combat which is just plain annoying in its self.

Shahkulu101
12-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Oh yeah. I think for Big Dave too. Still, you get my drift. You could easily beat every enemy with your default equipment.

I felt betrayed when there was a tomahawk better than the Assassin tomahawk.

IWGCJoeCool
12-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Okay, so this is a little late, but I was screwing around in AC3 today comparing the combat to AC4's, and I just realized how much I like the war clubs.

1. They provide a little link to Connor's heritage, something I thought was kind of underplayed in AC3.
2. The animations look better than the stupid clumsy sword ones.
3. All the talk about Connor's anger issues coming out in his fighting style are really emphasized in his war club animations.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people skipped right over them since you could literally 100% the game without ever setting foot in a shop.

i just thought they looked ludricrous hanging off of Connor when he wasnt fighting....same reason i went for the slimmer pistols and skinnier swords in IV. gameplay gamesshplay, we spend 90% of the time "walking behind him"

LoyalACFan
12-13-2013, 05:02 AM
i just thought they looked ludricrous hanging off of Connor when he wasnt fighting....same reason i went for the slimmer pistols and skinnier swords in IV. gameplay gamesshplay, we spend 90% of the time "walking behind him"

I usually just equip and carry it so it's not hanging off his hip. He puts it away when climbing, yeah, but due to the annoying roof-running and psychic sniper AI in AC3 I mainly stick to the streets anyway.

poptartz20
12-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Not gonna lie... the combat in this one while looks nice, is a little annoying several times while boarding a ship I'll be hitting my Square button to attack yeah he doesn't even pull out his swords... or in the other scenario of this the swords are out and he doesn't swing. :|

AC3 combat was great! Granted it took me a min to get used to because things where so different in ACR. But other than that, I liked it better.

A part of me would like to see AC's combat be familiar to TLoU in terms of grittiness and feel. Like if you swing with a pipe (aka a warclub) you actually feel like you're swinging it. then again with the game being a yearly release like it is, it can't help it. :(

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Does the "remove weapons" glitch in AC4 get rid of dual swords so you can use a single sword or do you just never use single swords?

I'm just curious for all this info so I know what to look for or look OUT for when I get the game.

MnemonicSyntax
12-13-2013, 03:55 PM
EDIT: Double Post. Whoops!

MnemonicSyntax
12-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Agree. Im getting really bored with just my dual swords and hidden blade now and im only on my second playthrough. I find myself trying to pick up single swords and axes now in combat which is just plain annoying in its self.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiepNyZQFQs

I'm not sure if this is known, but it made combat much more enjoyable for me.

Also, Loyal, I love the sound of the clubs make against a human skull. THOCK!

pirate1802
12-13-2013, 04:10 PM
^Damn, that last double kill though the mouth O_o

MnemonicSyntax
12-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah. Connor and Ezio could do that move too. It looked the best with Ezio, because he grabbed an enemy's head and would drag their body over to the closest guard and shoot with his hidden gun.

aL_____eX
12-13-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiepNyZQFQs

I'm not sure if this is known, but it made combat much more enjoyable for me.

Also, Loyal, I love the sound of the clubs make against a human skull. THOCK!
Okay O_O
In the name of Juno, Minerva and jupiter, HOW do you do this? Double kills just look so amazing, BUT I had maybe two or three of them in more than 85 hours of gameplay! This bothers me so hard!

edit: Just discovered that he doesn't get attacked by two enemies at the same time, so where is the clue? I feel like a total AC newbie now :-(

MnemonicSyntax
12-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Okay O_O
In the name of Juno, Minerva and jupiter, HOW do you do this? Double kills just look so amazing, BUT I had maybe two or three of them in more than 85 hours of gameplay! This bothers me so hard!

edit: Just discovered that he doesn't get attacked by two enemies at the same time, so where is the clue? I feel like a total AC newbie now :-(

After you complete one counter kill with a single enemy, hold down the tool button and with either pistols or the rope dart, you'll go to the next enemy (must be low level) and take two out at once, but as you can see, it can be stopped.

pirate1802
12-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Well I'll be damned, I never knew that..