PDA

View Full Version : Trade mission question

burner1232009
12-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Do trade missions ever end? Because I've done Diplomacy I and II a few times, and thought once they were completed they'd go away? Also whats the fastest way to get gem stones, because I keep taking damage to my fleet and never know do ships need to be repaired continuously or ever once and a while?

AngryRaisin
12-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Not sure about your first question but for gem stones, board and add to fleet junk ships like Gunboats and then when you go into Fleet stuff, scrap them instead of docking them and you get lots of gems.

And I would repair whenever needed but no more than when about 25% damaged. I think if you send damaged ones on missions they take on more damage than normal because they are, well, damaged, so therefore they can't perform as well.

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Can you ever capture gunboats though? I don't remember capturing one, they straight on sink. Must try with lower-level Jackdaw.

DarktheMagister
12-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Do trade missions ever end? Because I've done Diplomacy I and II a few times, and thought once they were completed they'd go away? Also whats the fastest way to get gem stones, because I keep taking damage to my fleet and never know do ships need to be repaired continuously or ever once and a while?

Just like the Assassin training missions in the last 3 games, the trade missions never disappear. Just play the ones with the exclamations next to them. Those are the new ones.

DarktheMagister
12-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Can you ever capture gunboats though? I don't remember capturing one, they straight on sink. Must try with lower-level Jackdaw.

I don't think you can.

burner1232009
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Just like the Assassin training missions in the last 3 games, the trade missions never disappear. Just play the ones with the exclamations next to them. Those are the new ones.

Thanks never played the last 3 in depth. I hadn't thought abut that idea thanks Angry.

TAZ427
12-12-2013, 10:34 PM
I kept adding to my fleet until I had all my docks opened up, plus about 1000 GEMs.

A good strategy in fleet building is to #1, open up as many docks as you can up front. Don't fill them all up straight away. Keep a few open for when you grab good ships. Unfortunately you have to make all your decisions as to keeping ships you captured since the last time you did this, right then. You can't clear out another ship to make room because you got that 90 Cargo Man of War.

You'll have a lot of brigs and a few frigates early on, that's fine. As you fill up, start scrapping the Brigs to keep some docks open for Frigates and Man of Wars.

Keep 3 Brigs - You'll want to use them for battles w/ Schooners and Gun boats, if you put up frigates against them you'll take more damage because of how slow you are hitting them and Brigs one hit kill Schooners and Gun boats. Swap the 25 cargo brigs out for 35 cargo brigs later when you find them in the Southern Caribbean.

Same with the friggates, swap the 40's out for 50's. I'd keep more frigates as they do a lot of your long haul missions.

Maybe keep 5 Man of Wars at then end. Swap out the 70's for 90's when you find them.

Once I had all my Brigs as 35 and Frigates as 50's, I left one dock open so I could swap out my Man of Wars for 90's (Still haven't done it only have one 90 and four 70s) but I haven't been fighting much either. It's still a fun diversion on the AC 4 Companion App.

burner1232009
12-13-2013, 12:56 AM
What happens if you don't defend 1 or 2 trades and focus on the ones that earn you a lot of reales?

DarktheMagister
12-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Nothing. After I'm done with the missions ona route I just let them go red again until I need them. Then I clear them out with Man-o-wars.