PDA

View Full Version : still no white whale pics the use of broasides

ddr the doc
12-12-2013, 06:40 PM
!st I still have yet to see a white whale. I see killer and humpback whale pics and sharks except the white whale. I need a few white whales. I am always signed in XBL and UPLAY both. So when you aim your broadsides all the time it shouldn't deplete heavy shot then? Hmm my heavy shot seems to deplete when aiming. Every time I plunder brigs or frigates my heavy shot depletes when aiming or not. Yet I have been told heavy is used without aiming from side I am confused. Are white whales south of Kingston as well? I use the fleet all the time so ya know im signed in. Oh I hope a gold XBL account isn't required to see white whales that would be silly. Since I have elite heavy shot now NOT aiming would do more damage then. MY round is on the 3rd bar guess I better dish out the 12k for 4th bar. All this time I didn't know exsactly how broadsides work.

TAZ427
12-12-2013, 08:02 PM
White whales are only community discovered events, which have been reported as being buggy for the past week or so. Many people reporting no community discovered events during this time period (no Blue Chests, 4-R Ship Convoys, White Whales, ...) I haven't played the SP in about a week so I can't really comment on personal observations.

Broadsides fire Round Shot when aimed (infinite ammo - but less damage done.) And they only fire Heavy Shot when not aimed. Note if you aim and let off the LT before hitting RT, then it's going to be a non-aimed Heavy Shot.

Have you been refilling your Heavy Shot at the Ship Stores?

ddr the doc
12-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah I just finally saw one last nite for white whale. The only one all week how long do they last when started and how are they started by ubisoft?

TAZ427
12-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Note that you don't need to actually get the White whale, you can buy the skin to craft whatever it is you need to craft with it (assuming that's why you want it.) Otherwise, the 'Sharing is Caring' is done automatically, just by being online and seeing 3 discoverable events (i.e. you re-share these automatically - I don't think you even need to go to them - not 100% certain on the last part.)