PDA

View Full Version : Did you use the 'rate the mission' feature and what marks did you give to each level?

Farlander1991
12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Out of curiosity, did forummers here use the 'rate the mission' feature of the game? What do you think about it? I personally like it and think it could be very useful for the devs, though I think it should've been present for side-content as well, not just the main campaign.

And if you used it, what ratings did you give to the levels (which aren't necessary as much ratings as the level of enjoyment, I suppose)? (I'm gonna throw in this thread my list after I complete the game).

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Good stuff. I thought of creating a thread like this where we'd discuss our rating, but good anyway that you made it, since I'm a lazy ***. :p It was a good initiative, one that I'd see return in future games as well. I suppose I should post my long rant then?

Farlander1991
12-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I guess? :p

lothario-da-be
12-12-2013, 12:45 PM
I rate every level. My rating depends on 2 things, enjoyment and freedom. The more handholding the lower the score. In reality i rate every open ended mission 5 lol.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-12-2013, 07:38 PM
I hardly handed out 5 stars.
My scores got lower and lower as I progressed because the missions kept feeling too similar.
If we could've rated the templar hunt missions i would've handed out more because they were by far my favorite missions in the game.

But I didn't find any of the missions as "hand holding"
The first 6 sequences were tutorials and I treated them as such..I rated them as a tutorial, they didn't bother me.

Hofner Chris
12-12-2013, 07:46 PM
I used it on every mission. I never gave a mission lower than three stars. I simply enjoyed the game too much to rate anything lower than three.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I used it on every mission. I never gave a mission lower than three stars. I simply enjoyed the game too much to rate anything lower than three.
I gave quite a few 2s and ones lol

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I think there were two missions I gave two star, and 2-3 missions 3 stars. Rest equally divided between 4 and 5.

TAZ427
12-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I used it most of the time. I gave most of them 4 or 5 stars. The extremely long 'follow/tail' sequences I gave a 3 star. I hate spending several minutes following someone around who's walking slow as hell. I'd rather have a cut scene.

ze_topazio
12-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I only rated 3 or 4 missions and i don't even remember what rate i gave them.

Kagurra
12-12-2013, 08:47 PM
I rated every mission, not going to go into the list and try to remember what I gave them all, but, I wish there was an area where I could write why I liked/disliked it. There were times when I thought the mission deserved a 3 or 4, but because of terribly executed optional objectives I rated it low, and I'd like them to know that. The mission itself would've been perfectly fine.

LoyalACFan
12-12-2013, 09:30 PM
There were times when I thought the mission deserved a 3 or 4, but because of terribly executed optional objectives I rated it low, and I'd like them to know that. The mission itself would've been perfectly fine.

This. I took off a star on all the assassination missions that had specific instructions for how to kill your targets (i.e. air assassinate DuCasse, double assassinate Burgess and Cochran, assassinate Rogers from a bench, and my personal least favorite, assassinate Roberts with a rope dart).

Anyway, my standard rating was a 3 for basic missions with nothing special about them, but I handed out 4's pretty liberally if the mission wasn't hand-holdy, and a few exceptional missions got 5's. The only mission I gave a 1 star rating was the one where you have to defend Torres in Havana, because the group fight was a total mess. Friendly AI in AC combat remains abysmal.

DarktheMagister
12-12-2013, 09:31 PM
As long as I felt the mission "fit with the times" and I was impressed by the scenery...I gave it 5 stars.

There were a few I gave 3 or 4 though... If I thought something was particularly dull.... some of those "sail around and don't shoot anyone" missions.

Kagurra
12-12-2013, 10:14 PM
The only mission I gave a 1 star rating was the one where you have to defend Torres in Havana, because the group fight was a total mess. Friendly AI in AC combat remains abysmal.

Was this the one in the beginning of the game where the group gets attacked by assassins and you kill them? Because that mission should get a 1 star for how seriously scrubby and terrible those "assassins" are. PATHETIC!

But no, it was a decent mission I guess. I still wish I could have Duncan's robes as an outfit.

SixKeys
12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
I rated every mission. Most of the sneaky stealth missions got 4 or 5 stars, most of the tailing missions got 3 stars. Sometimes there were missions that would otherwise have been good but had one annoying element that cost them a star. I wish there was a way to expand on the feedback in these missions, but that would require making the whole rating system even more obtrusive and immersion-breaking than it currently is. Sometimes a mission that might have gotten 4 stars on its own only got 3 because I had just done three similar missions in a row.

FrankieSatt
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I didn't rate any of them. A waste of time if you ask me, since rating each mission separately doesn't give a reflection of the game as a whole.

phoenix-force411
12-12-2013, 11:01 PM
It's gotta be really good to receive 4 to 5 stars, but most are 2s and 3s, and some are 4s. The stupid ones that frustrate me the most receive a 1. ACIII's missions would have received a bunch of 1s and 2s if it were up to me.

adventurewomen
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Hmm.. I'm wondering where do all these ratings go? - to Ubisoft or Abstergo? It's like market research. ;)

Shahkulu101
12-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Paul Revere's ride: minus infinity stars (yes I know this makes no sense but the sheer awfulness is indescribable)

LoyalACFan
12-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Paul Revere's ride: minus infinity stars (yes I know this makes no sense but the sheer awfulness is indescribable)

It's too bad, too, because it had the potential to be awesome. There was another rider that night in real life whose identity is still unknown, so they could have done basically anything they wanted. Stalking through the woods stealthily taking out Redcoat scouts maybe? The game needed more woodland stealth.

But instead we got a ride on a mentally challenged horse with a pompous little d-bag shouting instructions in my ear. Sigh.

The only mildly entertaining part of that mission was that it sometimes looked like Revere was throwing horns when pointing directions :p

IWGCJoeCool
12-13-2013, 02:43 AM
i did, but initially was holding off of giving something a 5, in case there was a really enjoyable sequence later on...there was...one of the later jungle excursions. it had plenty of climbing, stealthing, and maneuvering around.

the ones i hate were the ones mentioned above, like where the key was to assassinate from a bench. often, i try not to break the continuity by pausing to check the 100% synch conditions. that one really iced me, cuz during, the game was telling me to get near the guy by moving to a group for stealth. i hate it when i finish a sequence, only to see i shoulda killed the guy by jamming my pinkytoe in his eye or something. these got a 2 if they were lucky.

related, i really enjoyed the Aveline segment (PS3), and sure, no real new ground to master, but it was reminiscent of some of Ezio's Tomb segments, and that made it alright in my book. ya know, sometimes it's nice to have a lengthy segment without the frustrating stuff.

file under "not missed at all":

anything on a stoopid horse, and definitely not with a passenger

long DaVinci flying sequences, tank sequences etc. i like being out and about, plying my Assassin trade, the way it is supposed to be done...strictly by the Creed!!!

poptartz20
12-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I personally like the idea of the adding ratings to the levels it gives them more feedback on what we would like to see in other AC game. But so far I haven't handed out anything less that a 3 as of yet!

roostersrule2
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Think I only gave one a 5 and maybe one 2, the rest were 3's and 4's.

Farlander1991
12-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I am giving marks what I think about the mission without taking optional objectives into account. I personally think that it might skew the perspective since there's no additional feedback.

You can argue that my way also skews perspective, but I don't want to have mission that I might have enjoyed less but has more sensible objectives be rated the same or higher than a mission I have enjoyed more but has some odd specific optional objective (which I generally speaking don't care about on the first playthrough anyway).