PDA

View Full Version : ACIV PC problems are the last thing Ubisoft is concerned about

Ruxleyford514
12-12-2013, 08:10 AM
I have been having most of the problems people have been reporting in these forums with ACIV.

Sadly this confirms 3 things that I had heard is happening at Ubisoft:

1. They are under intense pressure to get Watch Dogs out and devoting most resources to that.
2. They needed to put out the recent DLC (and patch that enabled it) to bring in some quick cash; the fact that there were known bugs in the patch was secondary
3. Most AC PC sales are via Steam, Uplay or Origin. Since they are digital there is no way the purchaser can return a a faulty game. Ubisoft made a sale, there is not a lot of incentive to support the PC version. As opposed to console versions which are still disk based and can be returned.

LordCaucasian
12-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Send a support ticket and stop crying about it.

seville57
12-12-2013, 06:25 PM
I have been having most of the problems people have been reporting in these forums with ACIV.

Sadly this confirms 3 things that I had heard is happening at Ubisoft:

1. They are under intense pressure to get Watch Dogs out and devoting most resources to that.
2. They needed to put out the recent DLC (and patch that enabled it) to bring in some quick cash; the fact that there were known bugs in the patch was secondary
3. Most AC PC sales are via Steam, Uplay or Origin. Since they are digital there is no way the purchaser can return a a faulty game. Ubisoft made a sale, there is not a lot of incentive to support the PC version. As opposed to console versions which are still disk based and can be returned.I have my "Skull Edition" (pc, uplay) on disks, got it from a Swedish web site.

Ruxleyford514
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Send a support ticket and stop crying about it.

Of course I sent in a support ticket. But after a week of no response, I think it's perfectly normal to come to the forums and express frustration. Look at most of the posts - it's consumers who cannot get the game to work. Or even worse, who applied a patch that made the game unplayable for many. And we are not getting any support from the company even after submitting tickets.

I understand that there will be problems with complex games, especially on the PC platform. But is it too much to ask for some acknowledgment from the company that they are listening and working on fixing some of the worst problems?

malkmay
12-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I have had 2 queries for a week. 12/5/13.
First was the blackflag invalid code, which after many chat sessions and facebook rants, seems to be either ubisoft's problem or geforce, depending on which support you speak with.
The other is the failure of splintercell to load, but to go through a loop of downloading 2 very long patches before collapsing again.

Support is non existent. I would have thought that the code issue would have been dealt with pretty quickly, however I have nothing from ubisoft support at all, except the initial robo email.

A week is totally unacceptable.