PDA

View Full Version : when is round shot fired? suggestions whats most important?

ddr the doc
12-12-2013, 04:04 AM
I have been wondering when is round shot ever used? Is it worth upgrading im guessing its fired when jackdaw runs out of heavy shot?
As for jackdaw upgrades what do you use to take down man O wars and hard forts? I upgraded the hull to Elite asap 2ndly Elite heavy shot. memory 2 Sequence 6 19 broadsides 1 mortar so far. Harpooning 100% so I can harpoon any sea monsters. I have treaded far south enuff to find a great white pic but still no white whale picture. Where are the white whales usually? I still don't think im ready to battle man O wars. Or does Elite heavy shot make a dramatic difference? BTW it was fun swimming a rather long distance in man O war jelly fishes to get the bloody map! (Elite heavy shot map) then the smuggler den. restricted waters bc no south forts are captured yet I made it bearly.

a novel by DDRtheDOC:cool:

Hrafnagud72
12-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Round shot is used when you are aiming from the side of the ship. It is important to upgrade since the the round shot doesn't run out of ammo. The heavy shot is fired when you fire from the side without aiming and is limited to a certain amount of ammo.

LoyalACFan
12-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Round shot is used when you are aiming from the side of the ship. It is important to upgrade since the the round shot doesn't run out of ammo. The heavy shot is fired when you fire from the side without aiming and is limited to a certain amount of ammo.

This.

White whales only spawn when you're signed in to PSN/XBL, so make sure you're connected before hunting for them. They appear in all kinds of places once you're online.

DarktheMagister
12-12-2013, 05:22 AM
This.

White whales only spawn when you're signed in to PSN/XBL, so make sure you're connected before hunting for them. They appear in all kinds of places once you're online.

Not just that... but I think you need to be signed in to UPlay too.

ddr the doc
12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Hmm that's odd I have always been signed in XBL & UPLAY hence I use kenways fleet all the time. I have been in a great portion of the map and I see every harpooning creature except WHITE WHALES. I even just recently seen a great white shark pic. You say white whales are every where I have not seen 1 white whale pic. So if you aim all the time your heavy shot should not deplete?

creamofpayne
12-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Heavy shot should really only be used when in close proximity to the enemy ship. You can tell it is heavy shot because the cannons are 'on fire'. To use heavy shot, you don't aim first; you just hit R2 (PS).

When you are at a distance, this is when you use round shot. When you hold down L2 and then use R2, round shot will be used. Ammo is infinite and it does not utilize heavy shot ammo at all.

It is certainly up to your play style, but I would safely say round shot is more important than heavy shot because, at least in my opinion, a stronger strategy is to stay at a distance from your target, especially when you start to fight Man O Wars. When you trade broadsides, you lose a lot of health and in effect the ability to continue to fight before repairing.

My list of importance in upgrades (just the big ones):

1. Hull
2. Round shot
3. Add'l cannons
4. Swivel gun
4. Mortars
5. Heavy shot
6. Ram

TAZ427
12-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I've seen this miss-used in a number of different guides. People have implied that it's not important and to upgrade the heavy shot for broadside cannons, and have implied that the round shot is for the Swivel Gun (which is incorrect.)

Both Round Shot and Heavy Shot are for the Broadsides. It's very important to upgrade both the round shot and heavy shot, along with the broadside cannons (which increases the quantity of cannons you have to fire at once.)

The Round Shot is more accurate and used when aiming a broadside (wide shot, sent from the side view of the ship when L2/LT his held.) This is probably the most used one as it hits decent at a good distance and is infinite ammo.

The Heave Shot is much less accurate but much more damage when it hits, it's great when you're up close. Very high damage. But if you're not close you won't hit anything.

The damage done is The number of cannon that it * damage rate of the shot. Heavy shot has about 2.5x the damage of Round Shot (depends on how much each are upgraded.)

I'd say upgrade to 13 broadsides, then focus on Round and Heavy Shot evenly - and upgrade the Hull as quick as you can. Once these are at least one within maxed then work on Mortars, you probably won't use them a lot on ships, but you'll need them very much so on Fort attacks.

That said the Hull and Broadside/Round Shot/Heavy Shot are what really need to be focused on early in the game.

IWGCJoeCool
12-13-2013, 01:39 AM
i'm finding Mortar to be the pre-emptive first strike, and puts a big hurtin on most everything, and you can hurt the Man O's from long range before they have a chance to hurt you.

phoenix-force411
12-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Heavy Shot sucks in ACIV since its range is much more limited. Make sure to fire Heat Shot when the waves are calm, if they're not, you might risk most of the shots hitting water and wasting the shot. Round shots are infinite, and so, they are meant to do less damage.

LoyalACFan
12-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Heavy Shot sucks in ACIV since its range is much more limited. Make sure to fire Heat Shot when the waves are calm, if they're not, you might risk most of the shots hitting water and wasting the shot. Round shots are infinite, and so, they are meant to do less damage.

Dude, heavy shot is catastrophic if you've upgraded it. You can just about finish off anything but a Man O' War with one hit.

phoenix-force411
12-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Dude, heavy shot is catastrophic if you've upgraded it. You can just about finish off anything but a Man O' War with one hit.
Depends on the Man O' War. I usually fight level 60s.

DinoSteve1
12-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Well I upgrade Hull, Round shot and Heavy shot first, because when you max level up all 3 of them, you can take down a man of war in seconds.

Wizminkey
12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Swivel gun upgrades are important, as well. All those "Press Y/Triangle to target weakspot" hits gets much, much more deadly as you upgrade it. At max upgrade, you can just hold the button down and it fires on each available target in turn.

pirate1802
12-13-2013, 06:25 PM

HEavy shot is the ship version of shotguns. Useless at range. But sail up close to a ship and unload one into its sides and it'll sink easy, any ship like you said.

ddr the doc
12-13-2013, 08:01 PM

mass effect yeah have all 3 myself ME 3 co-op multiplayer woulda been real good if it hadn't been so bugged. I got more hrs in M.E games than anything as far as SP goes.

FOR TUCHANTKA praise the goddess its the alliance! It would have been the galaxies doom without commander shepherd and the crucible. Shepherd you will be remembered as the galaxies most profound hero.