PDA

View Full Version : How well would my PC run Assassin's Creed 4?

RaiCoss
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if my PC could run this game decently, or whether I should wait and get it when I buy a Wii U.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8Ghz (quadcore)
MOBO: MSI FM2-A55M-E33
RAM: 4Gb 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX DDR3 (will likely be upgrading to 8Gb soon).
GPU: KFA2 GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1Gb GDDR5
HDD: 320Gb SATA (will likely be upgraded to a 1Tb HDD soon)
PSU: 500w
O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I will be playing on either a crappy 720p HDTV (picture quality is ****ing horrible), or a 1680x1050 monitor, if I can revive it lol.

denoswn
12-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Well, maybe medium settings.

But before that, you should pray every night that you are not going to face any black screens, SP/MP crashes and other various problems.

RaiCoss
12-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Well, maybe medium settings.

But before that, you should pray every night that you are not going to face any black screens, SP/MP crashes and other various problems.

Lol,..

Another bad PC launch? :>

CatFlusher
12-12-2013, 04:05 AM
PC launch is fine. And you will be able to play on med-high depending how high you want your frames to be. Might want to upgrade RAM in the near future though, since 8gb is staple nowadays

denoswn
12-12-2013, 08:36 AM
PC launch is fine. And you will be able to play on med-high depending how high you want your frames to be. Might want to upgrade RAM in the near future though, since 8gb is staple nowadays

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

Razrback16
12-12-2013, 04:37 PM
They actually optimized the game fairly well, so I would imagine you'd be able to at least find settings at which you could play the game. As others said though, might look at a RAM upgrade in the near future and potentially a GPU upgrade as well.

I was able to play the game flawlessly with my rig (specs below) in 1920x1200 resolution with almost everything maxed out. The only thing I didn't try to max out was antialiasing -- I used NVidia's FXAA method rather than full antialiasing as the hit to performance is very small with great results -- overall I was impressed with this launch. I bought the game through Steam and installation was smooth, not a single crash in the ~35-40 hours of gameplay it took for me to beat the game and 99% of the world is very smoothly rendered, which tells me they did a good job optimizing (this was a fail in AC3).

Rig Specs:
Vista 64-Bit
AMD FX 8350 (8-Core CPU)
16GB DDR3
GTX 680