PDA

View Full Version : Any word concerning the PhysX patch?

AherasSTRG
12-11-2013, 11:14 PM
As the title suggests.
I am looking forward to its implementation, because I am hoping for some optimisation of the game in general.

seville57
12-12-2013, 06:27 PM
As the title suggests.
I am looking forward to its implementation, because I am hoping for some optimisation of the game in general.Me too.

AherasSTRG
12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I believe we can safely assume that if it isn't released by Tuesday (Adewale's DLC release date), its implementation was cancelled.

YazX_
12-12-2013, 09:57 PM
I believe we can safely assume that if it isn't released by Tuesday (Adewale's DLC release date), its implementation was cancelled.

well its too early to judge it, there is still 3 months left before announcing the new AC and drop the support for AC4 as usual, and as Nvidia stepped in and put money into the equation, then its a matter of time as Ubisoft is not losing any money, all paid by Nvidia.

Anykeyer
12-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Game wont be "optimised" in any way by this patch. They will just add a new way of displaying smoke effects, nothing else.

YazX_
12-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Game wont be "optimised" in any way by this patch. They will just add a new way of displaying smoke effects, nothing else.

Thats for sure no game optimization will be done in terms of CPU utilization and scaling, but according to Nvidia there will put Physx effects and improved Godrays which will improve performance.

Quoted from Nvidia:

"In a forthcoming game update NVIDIA God Rays' image quality will be further enhanced, and the performance impact further optimized, increasing frame rates."

but i believe this will bring minor performance improvement, i dont want to speculate though, lets wait and see what happens.