PDA

View Full Version : Resetting Assassination Contracts and Naval Contracts

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 11:34 AM
What do you think? I guess it will elongate the game in a sense. I personally think resetting forts makes no sense due to them containing the naval contracts, so a straight patch to give us the option (like far cry 3 did with their base/camp things) would be awesome.

Would you guys want this option?

Shahkulu101
12-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes prease FANKAROO

Shahkulu101
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Should make it a poll - keep bumping we need Ubi to hear this. They listened to fan demand for the Far Cry 3 outposts, let's hold hope gentlemen. Let's.

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Should make it a poll - keep bumping we need Ubi to hear this. They listened to fan demand for the Far Cry 3 outposts, let's hold hope gentlemen. Let's.

Good idea. Done.

Ashraf did say if people wanted to reset forts they would look into it. Personally I think resetting the contracts is way better.

Shahkulu101
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Good idea. Done.

Ashraf did say if people wanted to reset forts they would look into it. Personally I think resetting the contracts is way better.

Spam him with tweets for the lol'z xxxxx

Grimscoff_RUS
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
It will be great option!

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 01:13 PM
What sick person voted No?! Why no? Who voted No?

HiddenKiller612
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I'd rather have randomly generated assassination contracts, hell we could have fan contracts like Hitman Absoloution has... we already have White Whales, chests, and Royal convoys that your friends can discover and you can find... What if we could have contracts generated by gamers... Have someone choose a target, write up a little back story, and put a price on their head... the price could vary depending on the difficulty of the target... Say 1-5K reales for basic contracts, 1,500-5,500 for doing it without alerting guards... Once a person creates a contract, it gets submitted to Ubisoft, if it passes, it gets generated in the world map..

LoyalACFan
12-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I'd rather have randomly generated assassination contracts, hell we could have fan contracts like Hitman Absoloution has... we already have White Whales, chests, and Royal convoys that your friends can discover and you can find... What if we could have contracts generated by gamers... Have someone choose a target, write up a little back story, and put a price on their head... the price could vary depending on the difficulty of the target... Say 1-5K reales for basic contracts, 1,500-5,500 for doing it without alerting guards... Once a person creates a contract, it gets submitted to Ubisoft, if it passes, it gets generated in the world map..

Sounds like a good idea for future titles, but there's no way they'd add something that substantial in a patch.

Anyway, voted yes. I'd actually rather see the "reset forts" patch, but this is fine too.

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
^^That sounds like a great idea but as Loyal said, don't see someone adding that to AC4 through patch. I'd also like to see the legendary ships reset.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I voted no because there is no point - neither were fun nor challenging they were just bleh

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
^I wanted to counter that but then remembered you're the person who found the stealth in AC4 overtly forced :rolleyes:

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
^I wanted to counter that but then remembered you're the person who found the stealth in AC4 overtly forced :rolleyes:

It is though....
I dont remember the last time an entire campaign was spent in a red zone....

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I voted no because there is no point - neither were fun nor challenging they were just bleh

That's your opinion and I get that, but surely its better than nothing?

Shahkulu101
12-11-2013, 07:13 PM
It is though....

And in these red zones are there force fields surrounding the guards when you try to fight them?....

No, there isn't. Combat is a viable option, and for the first time in years stealth is just as viable an option the majority of the time.

EDIT: Which fans have been BEGGING for.

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
It is though....

Good stuff. Need more of that. Infiltrating enemy areas and sneaking through is exactly what AC should be.

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 07:23 PM
It is though....

Wait.. this makes NO sense?!

Always being in a red zone, makes sense, why? Cause you are an assassin, killing powerful targets in places you shouldn't be.

Red Zones = Places you shouldn't be, well guarded places, places on high alert where high profile people are.

Red Zones do NOT mean = Only do stealth.

Stealth is not FORCED. It is an OPTION. By having the Red Zone you have more of an incentive to stealth it. If you are not stealthing, Red Zones should not be a problem as you shouldnt care if you get caught.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:31 PM
And in these red zones are there force fields surrounding the guards when you try to fight them?....

No, there isn't. Combat is a viable option, and for the first time in years stealth is just as viable an option the majority of the time.

EDIT: Which fans have been BEGGING for.

A red zone = stealth
If you can get attacked for being seen IT IS FORCED STEALTH IF YOU CAN EFFING FIGHT OR NOT.
It's an inconvenience to HAVE to fight if you don't want to spend your whole time in the bushes.
It's like Hitman Absolution.
If you dont sneak your are PUNISHED by alarms and swarms of enemies.
You can obviously shoot through a level in Hitman but they are CLEARLY attempting to force stealth play out of you as is done here
An attempt of murder is still punishable by law.
I don't mind missions like this BUT THE ENTIRE DAMN GAME WAS LIKE THIS.
It is an attempt at forced gameplay by constantly having us tail and placing us in red zones...... not a battlefield or a playground with an option to take out guards YOU HAVE to take out guards.
No AC ever forced you to take out guards in the way it is done here.

A true assassin takes as few casualties as possible. He or she has one target and on target only.

If it was all social stealth it's 100% acceptable. You walk through crowds to get to your target/
An entire game of bush and closet stealth isn't.

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Like I said, Red Zones don't mean stealth, the indicate its a place you shouldn't be. Why would a high profile target be somewhere not well guarded?

LoyalACFan
12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
A red zone = stealth
If you can get attacked for being seen IT IS FORCED STEALTH IF YOU CAN EFFING FIGHT OR NOT.
It's an inconvenience to HAVE to fight if you don't want to spend your whole time in the bushes.
It's like Hitman Absolution.
If you dont sneak your are PUNISHED by alarms and swarms of enemies.
You can obviously shoot through a level in Hitman but they are CLEARLY attempting to force stealth play out of you as is done here
An attempt of murder is still punishable by law.
I don't mind missions like this BUT THE ENTIRE DAMN GAME WAS LIKE THIS.
It is an attempt at forced gameplay by constantly having us tail and placing us in red zones...... not a battlefield or a playground with an option to take out guards YOU HAVE to take out guards.
No AC ever forced you to take out guards in the way it is done here.

So you'd like the enemies to say "Oh, look, there's an Assassin, but he probably would be a little annoyed if we set off any alarms or called for backup, so let's just play it cool and fight him quietly so nobody else comes running?"

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Like I said, Red Zones don't mean stealth, the indicate its a place you shouldn't be. Why would a high profile target be somewhere not well guarded?

Why does THE WHOLE GAME HAVE TO BE GUARDED?! is what I'm trying to say.
Its forcing stealth.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:39 PM
So you'd like the enemies to say "Oh, look, there's an Assassin, but he probably would be a little annoyed if we set off any alarms or called for backup, so let's just play it cool and fight him quietly so nobody else comes running?"

Are the developers so unsure of their ability to create a lengthy game that they have to make all of their missions take place in a restricted zone being dependent on length through either sluggish combat or stlealth play?

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Why does THE WHOLE GAME HAVE TO BE GUARDED?! is what I'm trying to say.
Its forcing stealth.

Because the whole game involves you trying to kill important people? Your targets know they might have people trying to kill them, thats why they have heightened security, the red zones.

You keep saying it forces stealth, no, it does not. If a mission constraint was "don't get detected", then yes, that is forced stealth. In this case, Red Zones just make stealth viable. You do not get penilized for going loud and proud

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Because the whole game involves you trying to kill important people? Your targets know they might have people trying to kill them, thats why they have heightened security, the red zones.

You keep saying it forces stealth, no, it does not. If a mission constraint was "don't get detected", then yes, that is forced stealth. In this case, Red Zones just make stealth viable. You do not get penilized for going loud and proud

Are nameless guards important people?
NO so why are we FORCED to take them out?
And just because a desync doenst happen doesnt mean stealth isnt being forced!!!

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 07:45 PM
lol jeez.. Now I understand why AC3 was the way it was.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 07:49 PM
lol jeez.. Now I understand why AC3 was the way it was.

Or AC2 or ACB or ACR or AC1
In AC 1 you didnt have to worry about guards until the act of assassination was committed.
Thats the way it should be.
Sneaking into social events that these powerful figures attend and ending their life.
Not constantly sneaking into their back yards mission after mission.
(occasionally yes, but not the whole way)

egriffin09
12-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I would much rather an assassination contracts pack (with maybe 20 new contracts) that can be downloaded like the resource pack.

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Or AC2 or ACB or ACR or AC1
In AC 1 you didnt have to worry about guards until the act of assassination was committed.
Thats the way it should be.
Sneaking into social events that these powerful figures attend and ending their life.
Not constantly sneaking into their back yards mission after mission.
(occasionally yes, but not the whole way)

Ofcourse because every target you kill would be sitting in a nice little social event just for you. And in AC1 not every target you killed were in some social event either.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Ofcourse because every target you kill would be sitting in a nice little social event just for you. And in AC1 not every target you killed were in some social event either.

I didnt say they all were..but most were.
Even AC 2 had its great share with getting the mask and joining the party, as did ACB
All of this was missing in AC IV
Im not saying there is anything wrong with a bush filled level and taking out guards along your way (Think climbing the tower and castle in ACB)
But there is something wrong if thats what every mission is like.
There was no variety here....

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Most weren't actually, if you count. Either way, back in AC1 restricted zomes didn't exist. And even if they did, you could blend on spot and evade them. So much more interesting than hiding in bushes! I must say. And AC2's "great share of mask and party" amounted to exactly ONE assassination among many. ACB's main assassinations were a joke, we had what 3-4 main assassinations?

If you see the trend, all ACs have exactly 1-2 assassination where you dress as someone else and infiltrate a party or something. So did AC IV.

Farlander1991
12-11-2013, 08:16 PM

That's a load of bull. Even with the very first target, Tamir - the guards were on high alert and were suspicious of you (you have to constantly keep in blend mode to not get in their sight, or, well, not get in their actual sight, in other AC games the blend mode has been replaced with blending with the crowd, but principles are the same). You're not supposed to be in the hospital when killing Garnier, so the guards are at high alert there too. Same with almost every other assassination. AC1 didn't have red zones that were clearly marked on the map, but it did have forbidden 'red' zones mechanically speaking.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-11-2013, 08:23 PM
That's a load of bull. Even with the very first target, Tamir - the guards were on high alert and were suspicious of you (you have to constantly keep in blend mode to not get in their sight, or, well, not get in their actual sight, in other AC games the blend mode has been replaced with blending with the crowd, but principles are the same). You're not supposed to be in the hospital when killing Garnier, so the guards are at high alert there too. Same with almost every other assassination. AC1 didn't have red zones that were clearly marked on the map, but it did have forbidden 'red' zones mechanically speaking.

Still beats bushes every level...

Kagurra
12-11-2013, 09:22 PM
While you can replay them at any time via the progress tracker DNA thingy, it's really inconvenient and isn't seamless. So yes.

Shahkulu101
12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
While you can replay them at any time via the progress tracker DNA thingy, it's really inconvenient and isn't seamless. So yes.

Say what now?! How is this possible - I've definitely tried this and I'm pretty sure you can't.

pacmanate
12-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Templar hunts you can, not contracts.

SixKeys
12-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Are nameless guards important people?
NO so why are we FORCED to take them out?
And just because a desync doenst happen doesnt mean stealth isnt being forced!!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/Obexpe/I LIEK FISHIES/auunp3.jpg?t=1242246227

Landruner
12-11-2013, 11:52 PM
What do you think? I guess it will elongate the game in a sense. I personally think resetting forts makes no sense due to them containing the naval contracts, so a straight patch to give us the option (like far cry 3 did with their base/camp things) would be awesome.

Would you guys want this option?

I think it will be even better if the forts could be re- challenged once in the while, (it make more sense to me), and that the mission are different or they offer variants from the ones already done.

Kagurra
12-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Templar hunts you can, not contracts.

You sure? I swore I saw "replay" as an option.