PDA

View Full Version : Sustains have suddenly started cutting out

q4norm
12-11-2013, 07:30 AM
All of a sudden, sustains have started cutting out after a few seconds while playing Rocksmith. Yesterday they didn't cut out, today they do, on all 6 strings.

I've got volume turned to max on guitar and on my computer and it still happens. Oddly enough, if I fire up Audacity, set the input to the Rocksmith USB cable, and hit record, the sustains last as long as they should without any trouble. That would indicate its not a problem with my guitar, the cable, or my computer. - but with the Rocksmith software itself.

Searched the forums for a while and seems this is a common problem, but I couldn't find a solution, other than turn your volume up/check your guitar. Well, check and check, and still not fixed. Anything else I should be doing??

thx!!!

mrvega79
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Is this problem everywhere in Rocksmith or just one place? Have you tried going into the tone designer and messing around with the pedals there? Choose a metal -type distortion, the type that normally give uber-sustain. Does that help at least? It might help in pinpointing the problem.

Rojoyinc
12-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Under the tuner area select CALIBRATE and re-calibrate your guitar. Do it normally... try that. If that doesn't do it - calibrate again and while it says MAKE NOISE - don't allow the noise level to reach the top blue MAX VOL line. Jusf mute the strings before it gets there.

You could also make sure you have the bridge pickup selected. That will give you the most punch (clarity).

The calibrate should do it. But like the above msg said - check your tone setup. You might have a noise suppression pedal set to high. If you're using "stock" tones that come with the songs and not a modified tone - that shouldn't be the problem. Also - make sure you hit "1" to choose the stock tone, if you have 2,3,4 selected it uses "your tone" you have stored in one of the memory slots.