PDA

View Full Version : 1.03 Patch game not working

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi All,

I would like to find out if anyone else is getting the same as me.

I was prompted yesterday to update my game from 1.02 to 1.03 after the 1.2 GB patch the game starts and right after the notice of this game is made by a multi cultural the game just hangs. i have reinstalled the game 3 times, each time i get the download and it installs fine but as soon as the game loads it dies.

I install the game via the disks and then update.

is there anyone that can explain or assist what i could do to resolve this?
It worked fine before the patch.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit if that could be at all the cause.

Kind regards

Jrheymans

Coach811981
12-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey there

Yep have the same issue as well. The only advice I can suggest is renaming the "dataPC_patch.forge" file in your Black Flag folder to something else.
This method works for me, the only glitch I find with it is that the hints give some random numbers (but that's no a big deal). I have read that changing weapons doesn't seem to work either but so far havnt experienced it.

Like you though we are hoping for a patch that doesn't give randomness so other than the above method im not sure if anything else helps.

jrheymans
12-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi Dude, we can continue on Ghostfighters300 post as there is somewhat more traffic it seems. this was my first post when i discovered the problem and then i reposted on Ghostfighters300 cry for help.

thnx for the response thou.

denoswn
12-11-2013, 06:10 PM
This is not a fix right ? Like Cyanide's version ? This is just the patch for those who can't download I presume ?