PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the main menu w/o completing set up and INI files

mick_holt
12-11-2013, 03:37 AM
I am having serious audio issues. I submitted a service request and received an answer, however, part of the suggested fixes requires I get into the main menu of the game which I have never seen. WHen I start the set up I can get passed the calibration section but due to the noise and interference I am getting I cannot complete the tuning portion and I assume THAT is where the main menu can be found - so, how do I get there?

Also, part of their suggestions mentions adjusting INI files where do I do that? Is that in the game or the game folder on my PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mickholt

shihdo
12-11-2013, 09:18 AM
the ini files are in the steam apps folder of your PC,

Depending on the operating system you own it will normally use the following path:

windows C

program files (x86)

steam

steam apps

common

rocksmith 2014

when you get to this point you will see all the folders used by Rocksmith 2014, look down the list for what looks like a piece of notepaper with a little cog on it and this will be called Rocksmith.ini.

open this file using notepad and make changes as suggested by Ubisoft.

Hope this helps, if not let us know what you try and we will try to help a bit further.

mick_holt
12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks Shihdo. I can find that file. Any suggestions for getting to the main menu? Below is what the Ubisoft tech wrote:

"First, check your “Audio Engine Settings” value in the game: Main Menu > Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Audio Engine Settings.
Try a higher setting, like 3 or 4. See if using a slightly higher setting will get rid of the crackling. "

But I cannot GET to the main menu.
Thanks again for the INI location.

shihdo
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
can you tell me what your set up is, ie sound card, operating system etc. And how youi have your cable etc set up, front usb, back usb.?

DC-legztec
12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Getting to the main menu wont fix your audio issues.
I have a lot of noise on my guitar with passive pickups also
but the problem is not my pc.
I found my workaround was raising my pickups because the output is higher that way.
It doesn't solve the noise.
The noise is probably a grounding problem I should solve but my guitar with active pickups does not seem to have the problem.

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

mick_holt
12-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Getting to the main menu wont fix your audio issues.

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

According to the Ubisoft tech I can adjust some of the seetings but I cannot get to the main menu or the "options" tabs

mick_holt
12-12-2013, 03:04 AM
can you tell me what your set up is, ie sound card, operating system etc. And how youi have your cable etc set up, front usb, back usb.?

I have an HP Pavilion 23 All in one - Windows 8 with DTS Sound+ ( not sure what the actual sound card manufacturer is - I have not found that yet.) and I have tried the USB on the side and the back. I have 6 slots and used them all.

Honestly, I think it is the cable.

DC-legztec
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
You should be able to find the sound card on the HP site and I guess its a Realtek HD of some sort.
Have you tried unplugging all other usb hardware?

mick_holt
12-12-2013, 06:18 PM
You should be able to find the sound card on the HP site and I guess its a Realtek HD of some sort.
Have you tried unplugging all other usb hardware?

No, I didn't think of that but the mouse and kb are the only other USBs in use. I could manage w/o the kb, I think but not the mouse. I guess I could try. Seemes like even wireless mouse and kb would give off even more interference so that's out.

Brick235
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Doubt this will help but you should run RS in win 7 compatible mode. I'm not sure that it's technically made for win 8 but I think some people have done this. Right click the RS icon, go to properties. Make sure you are running as administrator and in win 7 compatible mode.

shihdo
12-12-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm running fine on windows 8.1 up to now, you could check the cable by either downloading the free version of win amp or by telling your pc to listen to the cable as a microphone, or you could try one of the many online tuners to see if it will register that way.

Back to the question though, I ran your specs through a checker site ( http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8090&game=Rocksmith+2014&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i3-3240+3.4GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GT+710&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements ) and it seems your gpu is above the minimum requirements but is short of the predicted requirements for the game,

However this should not stop you getting through the start up, I would recommend checking the drivers are all up to date and try a re-install of the game (make sure to fully un-install before hand).
Check the breakaway section of the cable to make sure it's not working loose and give it a magic blow before slotting it back together (not kidding !! surprising how often that works lol)

Hope you can get it sorted.

mick_holt
12-13-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm running fine on windows 8.1 up to now, you could check the cable by either downloading the free version of win amp or by telling your pc to listen to the cable as a microphone, or you could try one of the many online tuners to see if it will register that way.

Back to the question though, I ran your specs through a checker site ( http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8090&game=Rocksmith+2014&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i3-3240+3.4GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GT+710&ram=8&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements ) and it seems your gpu is above the minimum requirements but is short of the predicted requirements for the game,

However this should not stop you getting through the start up, I would recommend checking the drivers are all up to date and try a re-install of the game (make sure to fully un-install before hand).
Check the breakaway section of the cable to make sure it's not working loose and give it a magic blow before slotting it back together (not kidding !! surprising how often that works lol)

Hope you can get it sorted.

Thanks. Never so bummed that it did not start right immediately I never thought about reinstalling. I will try that tomorrow

Thanks for all the help.

shihdo
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM
hope you can get it sorted mate.

mick_holt
12-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Got it. I had to do a complete reinstall but I got it. Thanks Shihdo for the help.

shihdo
12-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Great news, glad I could help.