PDA

View Full Version : I dont like the useless keybind Shift + Space to jump (IV: Black Flag)

haze497x
12-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't remember how it was in the predecessors. I think I'm not the onliest fan which is unlucky with this "bug". I really hope this will get patched soon!

Lokikron
12-10-2013, 07:13 PM
High profile+legs

It's always been this.

haze497x
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I checked how it was in AC3, you had to use the Right Mouse Button + Space. I don't want to use both hands for this simple command. The way it's now it's too complicated, so I will use the old keybind for this command. The only question is, which keybind shell I use for aiming with my pistol, as there is no more automatic aiming?

Keller.Kind90
12-10-2013, 08:05 PM
then get yourself a controller (i strongly recommend the 360-pad) and stop crying...

YazX_
12-10-2013, 10:27 PM
I checked how it was in AC3, you had to use the Right Mouse Button + Space. I don't want to use both hands for this simple command. The way it's now it's too complicated, so I will use the old keybind for this command. The only question is, which keybind shell I use for aiming with my pistol, as there is no more automatic aiming?

nope, now its free aiming, but its not COD or BF, any button will do.

guardian_titan
12-10-2013, 11:35 PM
In all other AC games on the PC, it was left shift and space to jump. Only in AC3 was it right mouse and space. Gets irritating that they keep changing keybinds. Sure, we can change them ourselves, but they'll just change them in the next game anyway. But if you've played from AC1 onward and didn't just play AC3, you'd be aware they constantly change the keybinds so AC4 changing them is nothing new. It might take a bit to get used to the new keybinds, but once you get used to them they're fine. You have plenty of time to learn to use the new ones before things get overly hectic. Try doing everything in Havana when you first arrive in Sequence 2 before you continue with the main story. Should get you familiar enough with the keybinds by then to continue the main story.
Well, might have to advance the story to the point where you get the hidden blades and first gun which isn't too far in, but you have time after that to play with the new free aim, etc keys before you end up on the Jackdaw.
Don't see how you use two hands to hit left shift and space. Left pinky on left shift, left thumb on spacebar. One hand. You use two hands for the right mouse button and spacebar in AC3.

Lokikron
12-11-2013, 01:08 AM

There's still auto aiming, they just added free aim.