PDA

View Full Version : Today's patch = MP still crashes

Sandcracka
12-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Just downloaded a 1GB patch and the MP still crashes upon killing the first target. When are they going to fix the MP? I have not been able to play even 1 round of MP yet.

Sandcracka
12-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Fixed! Reposted from another thread.

I got the multiplayer to work! No more crashes! First I'd like to start off by saying that I was trying to play MP on all settings maxed, just as I've been playing SP for hours with all settings maxed (except shadows) with no issues.

Here's what I did. I wanted to see if it was a graphics setting that was causing the crashes. So I turned every setting to lowest possible or off (note that I am not using vsync in game, i have that turned on with RadeonPro to fix the low fps issue). Then I played MP, a full round of wolfpack....no crashing. Next, I started turning on the settings, 1 at a time, straight to max in each category. If I made it through a full round of wolfpack I turned on another setting to max. I did this until I got all the way to the bottom of the settings list, volumetric fog. Once i enabled the volumetric fog I tried to play MP and sure enough on my first kill, boom crash. So off it went, and I've been playing MP with all other settings maxed and no crashes. TBH I didn't even really like the effect of that setting anyways, so turning it off is no big deal. So my advice to any of you is to first try turning off the volumetric fog, and if it is still crashing then try turning off another setting that you can live without. I'm not sure if that fog setting is the true culprit, or perhaps it is just a combination of settings that is causing the crashes, but I will just play with that off for the time being.

tl;dr

First try turning off volumetric fog in the graphics options. If it is still crashing, then try turning off other settings one at a time until you can get through a full match.