PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT - Where are my social events ? (Sharing is Caring Trophy)

NightCrawler-72
12-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I have been playing now for days (PS3 version) and haven't seen a single social event in game i.e. White Whale, Royal Convoy and Chest.

It was a really enjoyable game until I started to attempt this trophy. Why include such a ridiculous trophy which is obviously broken because, from what I can tell, there are no social events being published.

It would be nice if someone from Ubisoft would discuss what, if anything, is being done to address this issue.

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi,

Have you contacted support?

If not, please do since they play a vital role in collating data from those having issues, such as this - and they will forward it to the team for investigation.

www.support.ubi.com

Lowynn
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Mr_Shade,

I have personally contacted Ubisoft Customer Support twice on this issue.

NightCrawler-72
12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Have you contacted support?

If not, please do since they play a vital role in collating data from those having issues, such as this - and they will forward it to the team for investigation.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

I will do so on your recommendation.

I would be surprised that Ubisoft support haven't been made aware of this issue already. It is clear that they have been made aware of this, however there has been no official response or word from them regarding a fix.

I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is experiencing issues with social events. It would be appreciated, if we could some confirmation that this is being looked into by the support team.

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I will do so on your recommendation.

I would be surprised that Ubisoft support haven't been made aware of this issue already. It is clear that they have been made aware of this, however there has been no official response or word from them regarding a fix.

I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is experiencing issues with social events. It would be appreciated, if we could some confirmation that this is being looked into by the support team.It's not about making them aware - it's about them helping you.

Not everyone is affected - so the more people who are affected contact them - the better.

If everyone assumes they 'must know' - and does not contact them, then they won't know the cause of issue or why its affecting some and not others.

This has been reported - however - since it does not affect everyone, it needs to be investigated - and to do that, people need to be talking to support.

NightCrawler-72
12-12-2013, 07:11 AM
It's not about making them aware - it's about them helping you.

Not everyone is affected - so the more people who are affected contact them - the better.

If everyone assumes they 'must know' - and does not contact them, then they won't know the cause of issue or why its affecting some and not others.

This has been reported - however - since it does not affect everyone, it needs to be investigated - and to do that, people need to be talking to support.

Firstly, I appreciate your replying.

However, I do think it's about making them aware - because if they don't know a problem exists then they can't possibly "help" us by investigating what or how that problem manifests itself. As you yourself said, the more people contact them about this, the better. However, I feel that most wouldn't have the inclination to do so as they probably feel that it would be a "waste" of their time or wouldn't know how.

I raised a ticket about this 2 days ago and someone else posted in this thread saying that they had raised 2 tickets but got no reply. I don't believe that no reply = no action but as I said before, it would be nice if we were told through official channels that this is being investigated and a possible ETA for a fix.

Yes, I admit that not everyone is affected.

Zarosian Eos
12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
I've come across one white whale but nothing since, also had nothing shared from friends on Uplay yet so they're either quite rare or just tend to work when they want to :P

Terrence_Lee
12-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Guys do you believe that? I submitted a ticket about this community events stop appearing issue to ubi support.

The reply is telling me that my router is malfunctioning! I knew there are a lot of us experiencing this right now, on different platforms.

So he is saying all our router or internet malfunction at the same time!? This gotta be at their end, ubi server, or the last patch I suspected.

Really disappoined at the support really!!!

NeoMorph WTH
12-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I've come across White Whale and Royal Convoys (3 of them so I got that achievement) but I've never seen a social chest. What do they contain?

Kagurra
12-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I've come across White Whale and Royal Convoys (3 of them so I got that achievement) but I've never seen a social chest. What do they contain?

1k Reales roughly. They also unlock content for Edward like the Governor's outfit. (I think) Also, pre-order content is hidden in different than normal chests. For example, I have the gamestop edition with has the Black Island pack and all of that gear, but it also had two extra swords sets not found on that island. I found them randomly on certain island locations in fancy looking chests that popped up on the map when I got close to them, just like the proximity triggered social chests.

NeoMorph WTH
12-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I found 2 of the gold DLC and I know there is a third but I can't find it. Not sure what the second one unlocked either.

I think the DRM lock on the DLC is a bit naff. My internet went up and down for a while and Sacrifice Island along with all of Drakes stuff vanished.... then reappeared when my internet came back up only for it to vanish once again. We paid for the game and then it says you can't have it if you don't have internet??? I thought draconian DRM like that was left back in the 90's. Even the original Xbox One system only checked once a day.

Actually, by the time Sacrifice Island came back and stayed (it's been appearing and disappearing like Atlantis on a YoYo) I'd got better weapons that the DLC.

Oh and why is it labelled as ULC instead of DLC?

Edit: Oh and thanks for letting me know about the chest thing.