PDA

View Full Version : AC fans should ask for their money back

luv10man
12-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I have worked my *** off trying to get on leaderboard for most feared pirate, day after day sinking ships, killing enemies, and now when I check to see why I am still down at 384 on regional I find that idiotic cheat hackers have found a way to post false scores of 2,147,483,647. If Ubisoft will not delete these scores and permanently block people who do this, it is my belief that loyal and fair gamers should get their money back for the game, the season pass, and any DLC they have. This is rediculous, now I feel all that money and time is just a waste and I am sure their are many others who feel the same way.

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Lol, why would you even waste time getting your name on the leaderboard? It's like the most useless feature ever.

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 05:25 PM
lawl

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
So you feel that leader board status is all that counts in a game? Go friggin' play something else. Being top dog doesn't earn you anything but an ego boost, you want that then go play COD and prestige to death.

Hofner Chris
12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Sounds like you got a heck of a lot of gameplay out of AC4 and you want your money back? The only thing "rediculous" here is your spelling.

NeoMorph WTH
12-10-2013, 05:32 PM
My aim was to get inside the top 1000 because of so many cheats... which I did easitly.

The combat seems ridiculously easy that even I could do it. B>X>WIN rinse and repeat.

Finish off the legendary ships and it is CHARGE RAM>BROADSIDE>BOARD then the B>X>WIN..... No challenge at all.

Edit: The only challenge I have come up against is when either the Legendary Ships enter LUDICROUS SPEED (Spaceballs quote) and the one mind boggling one is the mini games challenges where the AI there are crazy even on beginner. I once had a really high score on Fanoranora and thought "I'm doing well here" and then the AI just wiped the whole board it seems in one multiple turn. At that point I took the disk out of the Xbox and said enough was enough. I'd completed everything but the mini games after all. Mini games are not really AC anyway... just bloatware to extend time in the game. Forcing you to do them if you want to get the dead crew is awful.

So AC4 is over (bar Freedom Cry) for me. Sod the leaderboards as they are full of cheats anyway. Another reason Ubisoft pretty much sucks.

Savage Baird LE
12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Um no. Leaderboards don't matter.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 05:39 PM
It was a personal competition between my brother and I who bought the game at the same time to see who could make the top 100 first, we have always been competitive on all the AC games since day one, now some jerks with nothing better to do than cheat screw it up. As far as the COD comment, we've played those to death and frankly find the gameplay too short and boring.

NeoMorph WTH
12-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh and when are the kids going to learn that there is no E in ridiculous. GET A SPELL CHECKER ALREADY. /grammar nazi disable.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Blow it out your spell check *** Neo.

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
It was a personal competition between my brother and I who bought the game at the same time to see who could make the top 100 first, we have always been competitive on all the AC games since day one, now some jerks with nothing better to do than cheat screw it up. As far as the COD comment, we've played those to death and frankly find the gameplay too short and boring.

I made it into the top 100 by accident, lawl. If you can't get into the top 100 because of cheaters, why not change the plan and say whoever makes it into the top 200 wins or something? That seems more reasonable to me than returning the game and asking for your money back simply because you didn't make it into a digital leadboard that most people aren't even aware exists.

Sushiglutton
12-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I have worked my *** off trying to get on leaderboard for most feared pirate(...)

Hahah I lol'd so much at this :D!!!

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 06:28 PM
My aim was to get inside the top 1000 because of so many cheats... which I did easitly.

The combat seems ridiculously easy that even I could do it. B>X>WIN rinse and repeat.

Finish off the legendary ships and it is CHARGE RAM>BROADSIDE>BOARD then the B>X>WIN..... No challenge at all.

Edit: The only challenge I have come up against is when either the Legendary Ships enter LUDICROUS SPEED (Spaceballs quote) and the one mind boggling one is the mini games challenges where the AI there are crazy even on beginner. I once had a really high score on Fanoranora and thought "I'm doing well here" and then the AI just wiped the whole board it seems in one multiple turn. At that point I took the disk out of the Xbox and said enough was enough. I'd completed everything but the mini games after all. Mini games are not really AC anyway... just bloatware to extend time in the game. Forcing you to do them if you want to get the dead crew is awful.

So AC4 is over (bar Freedom Cry) for me. Sod the leaderboards as they are full of cheats anyway. Another reason Ubisoft pretty much sucks.

So you're telling me you've never defeated a Legendary LOL. You can't board them, they simply sink.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Does it matter? Lol

Landruner
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I have worked my *** off trying to get on leaderboard for most feared pirate, day after day sinking ships, killing enemies, and now when I check to see why I am still down at 384 on regional I find that idiotic cheat hackers have found a way to post false scores of 2,147,483,647. If Ubisoft will not delete these scores and permanently block people who do this, it is my belief that loyal and fair gamers should get their money back for the game, the season pass, and any DLC they have. This is rediculous, now I feel all that money and time is just a waste and I am sure their are many others who feel the same way.

M_shade one of the moderators of this forum wrote previously that Ubisoft is investigating the problem - Honestly, I can understand your frustration but you threat and asking your money back for this corrupted features does not fly, get serious:p, and just be patient I am sure that Ubisoft will prevail in this investigation matter...

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Mr_Shade is actually a Forum Manager, so works for Ubisoft, while a Moderator is a volunteer, just so you are aware that anything I say, is official...

The Dev Team are aware of the Leader boards, and are looking at what they can do, to prevent this, however, that is all I can say on the matter at the moment..

MIA SILENT
12-10-2013, 07:49 PM
The only time I care about leader boards are in fighting games. I was top 10 in Injustice for a while until I stopped playing. Cheating those leader boards would actually affect the game.

Worry about leader boards when it takes skill to move up. Right now the only competition you and your brother are in is who can play the longest.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Why not just have the Leaderboards do it based on "friends" instead, so you can see who is better between you and your brother.

Problem solved.

So you're telling me you've never defeated a Legendary LOL. You can't board them, they simply sink.

Apparently he's never done combat either, because for some enemies, breaking defense is required.

Landruner
12-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Mr_Shade is actually a Forum Manager, so works for Ubisoft, while a Moderator is a volunteer, just so you are aware that anything I say, is official...

The Dev Team are aware of the Leader boards, and are looking at what they can do, to prevent this, however, that is all I can say on the matter at the moment..

Oh Sorry for my obviously stupid mistake and just, as a stupid French guy I obviously am, just confounded you for a modest moderator instead of being an Ubisoft Forum manager , I don't even know to that point by the fact you underlined it, if I should take your remark above for my fault and get offended by it, or if I should get not banned for it since I was just trying to help. and be fair with the OP in mentioning what you previously mentioned days ago. So, yep I am sorry for being that stupid (How could I isn't?)

@OP now you know that it is official the problem is taking care of by Ubisoft.

NeoMorph WTH
12-10-2013, 08:17 PM

Did you miss the bit where I said "I'd completed everything but the mini games after all." I guess another person who doesn't take the time to read. LOL

Hans684
12-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't expect that, bad reason. You do what you gota do.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Did you miss the bit where I said "I'd completed everything but the mini games after all." I guess another person who doesn't take the time to read. LOL

Well when everything you say is a whiny complaint... yeah, it'll get to a point where people will stop reading anything you have to say.

NeoMorph WTH
12-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Why not just have the Leaderboards do it based on "friends" instead, so you can see who is better between you and your brother.

Problem solved.

Apparently he's never done combat either, because for some enemies, breaking defense is required.

Either I have a buggy combat system because I can beat even captains and the knife fighter ones by B>X>WIN method. I even forgot all about the breaking defence method lol.

Edit: Oh and it's an ANGRY complaint, not a whiny complaint. I just like games to have REASONS for doing stuff in them rather than "IF THE SKY IS BLUE MAKE THE ENEMIES GO FOUR TIMES FASTER THAN THE FASTEST SHIP.

Case in mind the uberfast legendary ships. If they had made them tougher I could believe it because they look like castles on the sea. Instead they just increased the toughness a bit and then made them REALLY FAST. If they had wanted fast vessels they should have made a fleet of Brigs and Frigates. That's what peed me off. Battleships are not the fastest ship on the sea which is why they have screening elements.

ze_topazio
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Such tragedy, being unable to show off my ranking and achievements, life feels so incomplete.

First world problems.

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Didn't miss a thing, that said, from what I had highlighted from your quote, you indicated that finishing off a legendary ship included boarding and fighting, which isn't correct. I wouldn't have said anything, but you're portraying an 'All high and mighty' attitude. But whatever floats your boat or sinks your ships as the case may be. ;-)

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Either I have a buggy combat system because I can beat even captains and the knife fighter ones by B>X>WIN method. I even forgot all about the breaking defence method lol.

Edit: Oh and it's an ANGRY complaint, not a whiny complaint. I just like games to have REASONS for doing stuff in them rather than "IF THE SKY IS BLUE MAKE THE ENEMIES GO FOUR TIMES FASTER THAN THE FASTEST SHIP.

Case in mind the uberfast legendary ships. If they had made them tougher I could believe it because they look like castles on the sea. Instead they just increased the toughness a bit and then made them REALLY FAST. If they had wanted fast vessels they should have made a fleet of Brigs and Frigates. That's what peed me off. Battleships are not the fastest ship on the sea which is why they have screening elements.

This isn't your first post where you've gotten "angry."

There's a tactic. Learn it. It's called war of attrition. Try it.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 09:44 PM
OP is probably not going to find any friends who agree with him here.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
The only time I care about leader boards are in fighting games. I was top 10 in Injustice for a while until I stopped playing. Cheating those leader boards would actually affect the game.

Worry about leader boards when it takes skill to move up. Right now the only competition you and your brother are in is who can play the longest.

And it matters to you how? Just like most who post on here u open ur mouth before u think or actually read what someone is saying. We both completed the game with 100% within a week and so we decided on a challenge and yes it's hours....a lot of hours to sink 2500 - 3000 ships and kill or assassinate 25000 enemies in different ways and to try and keep ahead of each other on each and every aspect.....the point is the idiots who cheat to do it should be banned and leave it to the ones who actually play for a reason and enjoy it until some jerk starts screwing around with something for no reason other than to be a jack ***. And to some of the other jerks on here...yes the leaderboards matter to yourself if that is your personal goal, u only lol because you can't get there.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
M_shade one of the moderators of this forum wrote previously that Ubisoft is investigating the problem - Honestly, I can understand your frustration but you threat and asking your money back for this corrupted features does not fly, get serious:p, and just be patient I am sure that Ubisoft will prevail in this investigation matter...

I don't believe there was a threat anywhere. I don't recall saying I was going to go postal on ubisoft hq or anything that could be considered a threat. It was a statement for people to ask for money back or get the hacking jerks banned to get a response from ubisoft and I believe I got my response from who I was looking for.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Really??? U sink 2500+ ships by accident. Gimme a break.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah.... I'll agree on OP's sentiments though. They should really ban those guys.

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh Sorry for my obviously stupid mistake and just, as a stupid French guy I obviously am, just confounded you for a modest moderator instead of being an Ubisoft Forum manager , I don't even know to that point by the fact you underlined it, if I should take your remark above for my fault and get offended by it, or if I should get not banned for it since I was just trying to help. and be fair with the OP in mentioning what you previously mentioned days ago. So, yep I am sorry for being that stupid (How could I isn't?)

@OP now you know that it is official the problem is taking care of by Ubisoft.
Lets not have a drama..

I stated that - so the new people in the thread, knew who you were talking about, and that it came from a member of Staff...

MIA SILENT
12-10-2013, 10:16 PM
And to some of the other jerks on here...yes the leaderboards matter to yourself if that is your personal goal, u only lol because you can't get there.

My 4 year old nephew could get there, except even he has better things to do than sink thousands of ships filled with dumb AI.

Have fun trying to get your money back. Lawl.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Right, better things to do and dumb AI, and u bought the game and are on here WHY? Idiot.

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
And it matters to you how? Just like most who post on here u open ur mouth before u think or actually read what someone is saying. We both completed the game with 100% within a week and so we decided on a challenge and yes it's hours....a lot of hours to sink 2500 - 3000 ships and kill or assassinate 25000 enemies in different ways and to try and keep ahead of each other on each and every aspect.....the point is the idiots who cheat to do it should be banned and leave it to the ones who actually play for a reason and enjoy it until some jerk starts screwing around with something for no reason other than to be a jack ***. And to some of the other jerks on here...yes the leaderboards matter to yourself if that is your personal goal, u only lol because you can't get there.

While I will agree with you that the cheaters should be banned. Your claim that Ubi should refund our money because the leader board has some A-holes who have cheated their way to the top and Ubi not doing anything about it is BS IMHO.

While it's an interesting stat., that's all it is, it's not major part of the game. It doesn't affect any of the Store Play or the Multiplayer play. In the end it only affects a superficial ranking. I was a bit surprised that I'm something like in the top 3K (anyone know if the rankings are across platforms or within platforms?) It's 3K on the PS4 which as something like 750K games sold. So if that's limited to PS4 that puts me in the top 0.4%. I haven't specifically gone out to do this, I did my thing. I did everything that could be done in the regular game, I use the Companion App to run my ships around and make money, blah blah blah. I didn't expect anything out of it. I'm sure I'll fall in the rankings as I focus on Multiplayer. Hell I wasn't even aware that some a-holes cheated to get on top of the leader boards, but I wasn't surprised to find out, it happens in just about every game that has a leaderboard. Does this mean I should complain and say we should all demand our money back? Hell no. It in no way took away from the fun of the game itself.

I'm not out there asking for my money back because two trophies won't unlock for me, even though I've earned well over 1M Reales in the shipping mode alone, I've Yellowed out every location on the map except Havana (need to get one Animus Frag on top of manor chimney - just figured out how to get it.) and it hasn't unlocked 'Business and Pleasure' - Earn 50,000 Reales. LOL. I'm a bit pissed about it, but not enough to even consider suggesting I should get my money back. Note: I may have figured out how to fix that trophy issue, as it wasn't the only one not unlocking - 'Silence fool' - Kill a guard ringing a bell wasn't unlocking either (killed dozens of guards after their first ring of the bell, with fist, swords, hidden knives and gun to no avail on my main save.) I started a new save/playthrough and got 'Silence Fool' on first attempt. Now I'll just need to spend a bit of time earning money and see if the 'Business and Pleasure' unlocks. I'm not a Trophy *****, but I'm so close to a platinum on this I can taste it.

MIA SILENT
12-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Right, better things to do and dumb AI, and u bought the game and are on here WHY? Idiot.

Well, I didn't buy the game to try get on a leader board for doing something stupidly easy. You and your brother should go play Guess Who. Things might get really competitive. Lol.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 10:33 PM

Oh the irony.

If you want your money back, you should probably go through the proper channels to get it back instead of having a temper tantrum on an internet forum.

And I've said this before, but look at the Leaderboards and determine the top whatever number is cheating and then go from there. Pretend they don't exist. Eventually, you'll be beaten and will be knocked down anyway, regardless if there are cheaters or not.

At the end of the day, the Leaderboards really don't matter. Not because they don't matter to me, but because there is nothing to show for it, there is no documentation, or any sort of incentive, and, like I said, there will be someone who takes your place eventually.

If it's a matter of who is better between you and your brother, that I can get and I'm totally behind you on. Just change the Leaderboards to be based off friends and use that as the determining factor.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Omg. Are so many of u such idiots to think I am stupid enough to believe I could get my money back? It was a means to get a response from ubisoft and I did what I set out to do. I got a response and it is being looked into. Unfortunately among a few intelligent replies on here u always get the freaks, geeks, and just plain idiots who have rectums for a facial feature and just spout crap.

And in all actuality it is almost as fun as playing the game to watch some of your posts on here. But people have always laughed at the village idiots. Lmao

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Omg. Are so many of u such idiots to think I am stupid enough to believe I could get my money back? It was a means to get a response from ubisoft and I did what I set out to do. I got a response and it is being looked into. Unfortunately among a few intelligent replies on here u always get the freaks, geeks, and just plain idiots who have rectums for a facial feature and just spout crap.

So, you're saying that you lied to get Ubi's attention, because asking them nicely to look into it would have gotten you nowhere. I find this behavior just as deplorable as cheating.

Enough Said!

ze_topazio
12-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Thank god there are out there educated and mature people like you to teach us, commoners, about proper manners and intelligent replies.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 10:55 PM
So, you're saying that you lied to get Ubi's attention, because asking them nicely to look into it would have gotten you nowhere. I find this behavior just as deplorable as cheating.

Enough Said!
Omg. I'm still rofl at idiots like you. There was no lie, there was no threat, and I never asked for money back...read the original post. It says I believe.

AssassinPeanut
12-10-2013, 10:57 PM
leaderboards in every game gets hacked, thats why i never looked at them, i just have fun and play to win. Thats what MP should be about, not the past but surviving an assassination tomorrow.

TAZ427
12-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Omg. I'm still rofl at idiots like you. There was no lie, there was no threat, and I never asked for money back...read the original post. It says I believe.

OMG, check the frigging subject title you used, what you stated and the go re-read the post which I quoted. I said you lied, to get Ubi's attention on this, which you did. I never said you threatened or asked for money back. The title is a statement that you feel AC fans should ask for their money back, but you're saying in your post that you really didn't think that's the case. That's a lie, plan and simple.

Now regarding your comment about everyone laughing at the village idiot. I know it's hard for you, but take long hard thought about this one, who's the one that everyone's laughing at, and that one individual is laughing back at all the rest. I know it's hard for you to do, but yeah, there's only one village idiot.

luv10man
12-10-2013, 11:21 PM
OMG, check the frigging subject title you used, what you stated and the go re-read the post which I quoted. I said you lied, to get Ubi's attention on this, which you did. I never said you threatened or asked for money back. The title is a statement that you feel AC fans should ask for their money back, but you're saying in your post that you really didn't think that's the case. That's a lie, plan and simple.

Now regarding your comment about everyone laughing at the village idiot. I know it's hard for you, but take long hard thought about this one, who's the one that everyone's laughing at, and that one individual is laughing back at all the rest. I know it's hard for you to do, but yeah, there's only one village idiot.

Ya omg. U r one with an *** for a brain not just the mouth. Can people ask for their money back, hell yes if they want, it's their right...do I believe that ubisoft would do it, hell no, but that's their right and it never hurts to ask, if enough did something would get done about the hackers. No lie there u schmuck. Lmao

phoenix-force411
12-11-2013, 12:08 AM
I LOL at this thread. Why would you waste your time with leaderboards? Before modding and hacking came along, yes, leaderboards did matter, but that's no longer the case. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to top the leaderboards.

MnemonicSyntax
12-11-2013, 01:24 AM

And in all actuality it is almost as fun as playing the game to watch some of your posts on here. But people have always laughed at the village idiots. Lmao

Ya omg. U r one with an *** for a brain not just the mouth. Can people ask for their money back, hell yes if they want, it's their right...do I believe that ubisoft would do it, hell no, but that's their right and it never hurts to ask, if enough did something would get done about the hackers. No lie there u schmuck. Lmao

If you took the time to use the Search Function, you'd see that it's already being looked into. I guess you're just too good for that though!

Please continue to insult the people here while using one letter to spell the word "you" or "are." Regardless of what you think, you're still coming across as a whiny child and insulting others is the lowest denominator, coupled with the fact that your spelling and grammar is atrocious. "Waaa, I'm pissed because I can't be first place at anything, so I'll whine about it and suggest that we all get our money back because a non-game breaking mechanic is broken, until Ubisoft responds and gives me what I really want!"

But we're the idiots!

I guess if you can't be good at spelling and grammar, you can be good at sinking a couple thousand ships to get first place on some Leaderboard.

Oh wait, you can't even do that.

I think we're finished here.

D.I.D.
12-11-2013, 03:01 AM
If the game didn't even have leaderboards, you'd have absolutely got your money's worth from the vast amount of things to do in the game. Even if the game wasn't as good as it is, it would have to be an absolute dog's breakfast to merit a refund scheme. You don't deserve your money back.

Caring about the leaderboards is really odd: millions of us bought the game, and even if you somehow make the top 3 or whatever, I don't care that Username123 is in the top three. Nobody does.

In a top class FPS, maybe there are some bragging rights to being the world's most skilled sniper or something. But this is basically grinding. You'd be nothing more than Assassin's Creed's Most Stubborn Player, Ubisoft's Most Repetitive Customer, The One Who Sat There The Longest. Knock yourself out, mate. We'll have a whip-round and get a trophy engraved for you.

DarktheMagister
12-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Why would you try to contact Ubisoft on discussion forums though? and not in "Help" or someplace similar?

thegreek97
12-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Or you aren't the best gamer in the world. Also you spend money on a game to be on the leaderboards instead of to enjoy the game for what it is? Look into CoD for leaderboard stuff sir.

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Lol hahahah. These threads are the reason (along with the wondering testicles and potato Connor threads) I'll never leave these boards. Too much entertainment for me to handle!

Fatal-Feit
12-11-2013, 06:33 AM
You got 100% in the game and enjoyed it, yet you want your money back because of the broken leaderboard? Are records the new fad in gaming these days?

DarktheMagister
12-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I must admit... Potato Connor was amusing.

pirate1802
12-11-2013, 07:06 AM
I must admit... Potato Connor was amusing.

What was even more amusing that that joke thread managed to piss off some of his fangirls. :p

DarktheMagister
12-11-2013, 07:36 AM
rabid fangirls....are a dangerous breed.