PDA

View Full Version : I want another Assassin's Creed game like Assassin's Creed 2

jfowl999
12-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Let me first say that AC is my favorite game franchise. My parents mistakenly got me AC1 instead of AC2 for xmas '09, and from that point on, I devoured each game with a savage ferocity. I loved the setting and freedom of assassinations in AC1, I loved the faster and more expansive combat in Brotherhood, loved Revelations' improvements to Brotherhood's system and the story in ACR, loved the new combat, graphics, setting, and, yes, even the ending to AC3. Have not been able to play AC4 yet and that is killing me right now. But AC2.... dear god, it is, to this day, my favorite video game. Ever. I played Battlefront 2 on my PS2 for years, I've devoured Skyrim, cried during The Last of Us, and have spent weeks of my life playing Call of Duty. But AC2, for me, trumps them all. I still get shivers whenever I hear "Ezio's Family" on my iPhone. I played through the game atleast 4 times without tiring of it. That's more than I can say about any other AC game (brotherhood was about 2.5 play throughs). Ubisoft, please, make AC5 as good as AC2. Take an extra year. Get Jesper Kyd to write your music. Get a perfectly paced, emotional, complex, funny, and daring story. Make combat challenging, fluid, brutal, and fun as hell. Make a diverse setting filled with great characters and lots of buildings to climb, during an interesting and famous time period. I know y'all can do it.

Any of y'all have any ideas for the series?

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 07:54 AM
AC2's story was neither daring or complex, but I get ya :p The overall immersion and feel of that game is nigh unmatched (though admittedly, probably colored a bit by nostalgia) but if you haven't played AC4 yet, believe me, you're in for a treat. They brought back ambient music, and some of the tracks are unbelievable.

As for my take on things concerning story, I just made a hugeass post about it here, but I'd stay away for the moment as it contains AC4 spoilers.

phoenix-force411
12-10-2013, 08:13 AM
ACII was a very long game, but it was very worth it to play it over and over again. But there's something about ACIV....

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I was on the same route as you, and I too thought AC2 was unmatchable. Then I played Black Flag and after a long, long time I felt that same AC2 feel in this game. I think AC4 is the game I was hoping AC3 would be.

phoenix-force411
12-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I was on the same route as you, and I too thought AC2 was unmatchable. Then I played Black Flag and after a long, long time I felt that same AC2 feel in this game. I think AC4 is the game I was hoping AC3 would be.
Assassin's Creed III was good, but the narrative and how it was presented was badly done. The Homestead missions in my opinion were better than the actual core story missions.

jfowl999
12-10-2013, 08:20 AM
In that case I need to get a PS4 ASAP and play Black Flag

jfowl999
12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Assassin's Creed III was good, but the narrative and how it was presented was badly done. The Homestead missions in my opinion were better than the actual core story missions.

I understand why they did what they did with AC3's story, but it was still sluggish to start. And, tbh, Desmond's missions were kinda ********. They all felt rushed. Plus, was it just me or did Desmond's face change in Revelations? Looked weird after Brotherhood

jfowl999
12-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Let me first say that AC is my favorite game franchise. My parents mistakenly got me AC1 instead of AC2 for xmas '09, and from that point on, I devoured each game with a savage ferocity. I loved the setting and freedom of assassinations in AC1, I loved the faster and more expansive combat in Brotherhood, loved Revelations' improvements to Brotherhood's system and the story in ACR, loved the new combat, graphics, setting, and, yes, even the ending to AC3. Have not been able to play AC4 yet and that is killing me right now. But AC2.... dear god, it is, to this day, my favorite video game. Ever. I played Battlefront 2 on my PS2 for years, I've devoured Skyrim, cried during The Last of Us, and have spent weeks of my life playing Call of Duty. But AC2, for me, trumps them all. I still get shivers whenever I hear "Ezio's Family" on my iPhone. I played through the game atleast 4 times without tiring of it. That's more than I can say about any other AC game (brotherhood was about 2.5 play throughs). Ubisoft, please, make AC5 as good as AC2. Take an extra year. Get Jesper Kyd to write your music. Get a perfectly paced, emotional, complex, funny, and daring story. Make combat challenging, fluid, brutal, and fun as hell. Make a diverse setting filled with great characters and lots of buildings to climb, during an interesting and famous time period. I know y'all can do it.

Any of y'all have any ideas for the series?

Also the cover art on the game case is by far the coolest

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Plus, was it just me or did Desmond's face change in Revelations? Looked weird after Brotherhood

Yeah, it changed pretty dramatically. But then again, all the faces in ACR looked weird compared to previous games. Ezio didn't even look like the same guy.

http://tehkella.net/gamer/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ezio.jpg
http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-The-Life-of-Ezio-Auditore-Trailer_15.jpg

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 08:31 AM
He did in that pic.. but you'd notice Old Ezio in the game didn't look like that pic ^ either. He looked like a monkey

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 08:33 AM
I understand why they did what they did with AC3's story, but it was still sluggish to start. And, tbh, Desmond's missions were kinda ********. They all felt rushed. Plus, was it just me or did Desmond's face change in Revelations? Looked weird after Brotherhood

I for one thought AC3 started in an awesome way, with Haytham and all. the problem was that, that was a fake start and we would have ANOTHER prologue a few sequences later. Two prologues is too much for me to handle.

And I must confess I liked the Haytham parts much more than the rest of AC3. :|

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 08:35 AM

The Homestead Missions were my FAVORITE part of AC3. I felt SO attached to those people.

As for AC2, what I liked the most about it was that every time it felt like it was about to end....it kept going. Then they added 2 DLC to make it even longer. Excellent game.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 08:41 AM
I for one thought AC3 started in an awesome way, with Haytham and all. the problem was that, that was a fake start and we would have ANOTHER prologue a few sequences later. Two prologues is too much for me to handle.

And I must confess I liked the Haytham parts much more than the rest of AC3. :|

I actually kinda felt the Haytham parts took away from the story I expected.... but I get why they did it. It was nice to have some French Indian War in AC3....but perhaps it went on for a bit TOO long. I didn't necessarily like that I was introduced to every enemy I'd have to kill in the game in the first 2 or 3 chapters. Also...since they used the recruits commands...I was confused as to why they all knew Assassin moves.

If I could redo that prologue I'd have kept the voyage, cut the recruitment of his men and just had them waiting there to meet him, done the part where he frees the captives, and then jumped right into the Braddock Expedition and Lee's inauguration.

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
I think the recruit missions gave a personal touch to the characters you'd eventually have to assassinate. If anything I'd suggest cutting the voyage and keeping the recruits. And cutting Connor's own prologue, start with him meeting Achilles and showing his childhood stuff as he tells Achilles what happened with him. Not quite sure how it'll all turn out, but I felt the pacing took a huge dip once I went through Connor's prologue too. I wont lie.. during the initial Haytham parts I felt as if this would be the best AC yet. In retrospect the Haytham parts even had a more assassiny feel than the rest of the game where Connor waas just running through big set pieces, barely doing any stealthy stuff.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 09:18 AM
AC3's Frontier did kind of suffer from the "open world" issue. Lots of empty space.

I don't think that Connor's childhood took too long, most of it was just tutorial set-up though... But I liked the whole "idyllic Native American village" feel...and I really liked the feeling of his Exodus from the valley. I remember when leaving during that first part and crossing the cliffs I felt like I was stepping out into this GIANT world. Later when I actually took the time to look around in post game I realized how close together some things really are and how the strategic placement of rivers and mountains make the north of the map feel ULTRA expansive.