PDA

View Full Version : please tell me there is more to the season pass than..

Littleweasel
12-10-2013, 02:23 AM
a bunch of useless skins for your ship that noone but your self even sees, a character pack with only 3 new character skins and has no new maps and probably wouldn't sell if there was no achievements/trophies for it and one single player dlc that adds a whole 4 hours of game play?

if thats all there is to the ac 4 season pass i may just give up on even wasting my money on any more of the season passes for ubisoft games. since i personally think a skin pack which does not enhance or really add anything to the game is a waste of money, and other than wolfpack i can not stand the mp in the ac series.

The only thing that should ever be in a season pass is single player content imo, and if there is ever plans for any mp dlc it should not include achievement/trophies and be outside the season pass.

EDIT:
sails, figureheads and wheel are technically skin packs for your ship, i guess i should have called them appearance packs but no matter what i call them they are basically just skin packs that change the way either your character or your ship looks. bottom line waste of money since neither of them enhance the game or extent the game play. it would be a completely different story if say the character skins opened up a new ability depending on the character used or for the ship if you used a dlc sail, fugurehead or wheel and it say made you ship take more damage or go faster then it actuallt does something rather than just change the way the ship/charatcer looks so technically it would enhance the game play.

i guess i should really extend on what i ment by mp dlc should not be in a season pass, i actually mean character skin pack should not be in a season pass since as i said skin packs/appearance packs do not enhance or extend the game in anyway, and most people would not even bother buying it for those reason. a season pass should ONLY include things than either enhance the play or extend the game play and skin packs/appearance pack do neither. i do think however if they are going to put out mp dlc they should at least include new a level(s)

as for why i think there should be no achievements/trophies for the mp skin packs is because is not like they are asking you to use a new ability or something they just want you to waste your money on the skin pack(s) and use the character for at least 1 time wich i guess its there way of milking more money from their customers by adding the stupid achievements for them.

as for the sp dlc i was not aware that this was going to be another ac3 where they try to justify the price of the season pass by making the 1 sp dlc come out in parts to make it seem like your actually getting your moneys worth. i am personally looking forward to the Freedom cry dlc but i still think it should be all in one pack instead of installments.

as about the discount on liberation that is actually a plus, but if you were to only buy the freedom cry dlc and then buy liberation you would probably still save money by not wasting it on skin packs/appearance packs.

as for one comment about what the issue is, simplely put the ac 4 season pass has allot of dlc in it that most people would not actually buy if it did not have achievement/trophies and if it wasn't included in the season pass. so if you took out the crap like skin packs/appearance packs you really are not saving anything.

i love the wolfpack but despise the competetive mp in any of the ac games, and im pretty sure that if they had mp but no achievements/trophies for the mp only about 25% of the people that actually play the mp would even bother with it. i have said it before many times that if they want true statics on how many people actually play the mp in the ac series because they actually like it over how many people play it for the achievements/trophies DO NOT put achievements/trophies for the mp in the game that way they will see how fast their mp population dies fast.
AC to me as well as allot of other should have stayed a sp game since that is what the people play the game for not the crap mp.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 02:35 AM
There are no skins for the ship, it's just sails, figureheads, and wheels, which in essence actually strengthens your argument.

But many are looking forward to Freedom Cry, the 3 hour long DLC.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 02:40 AM
a bunch of useless skins for your ship that noone but your self even sees, a character pack with only 3 new character skins and has no new maps and probably wouldn't sell if there was no achievements/trophies for it and one single player dlc that adds a whole 4 hours of game play?

if thats all there is to the ac 4 season pass i may just give up on even wasting my money on any more of the season passes for ubisoft games. since i personally think a skin pack which does not enhance or really add anything to the game is a waste of money, and other than wolfpack i can not stand the mp in the ac series.

The only thing that should ever be in a season pass is single player content imo, and if there is ever plans for any mp dlc it should not include achievement/trophies and be outside the season pass.

You forgot...it also give you a discount on Liberations HD. :P

Also WHY should MP content not have trophies and not be included in the season pass? Because certain people don't like MP? Because they like having 100% completion...but since they don't like MP they can't be bothered to get 100% completion?

Savage Baird LE
12-10-2013, 02:42 AM
Then don't buy the Season Pass lol. And what do you mean by a "whole 4 hours of gameplay?" How much are you expecting out of Freedom Cry? It's a DLC dude; not another game. Jeeze.

Also, Ubisoft kinda leaked in the in-game news that there are two new maps (for free) coming.

Kagurra
12-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Also, Freedom Cry is split up into at least 2 episodes, and then there still might be more DLC after that. But yeah, since you have no idea what it is, and you might not even want it when it comes out, buying season passes is a waste of money and borderline a con.

InAnimateAlpha
12-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Also, Freedom Cry is split up into at least 2 episodes, and then there still might be more DLC after that. But yeah, since you have no idea what it is, and you might not even want it when it comes out, buying season passes is a waste of money and borderline a con.
Has that been confirmed? It's the first I've heard of it being over multiple episodes. I'll buy a season pass for that since I don't play mp because of my connection

Kagurra
12-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Has that been confirmed? It's the first I've heard of it being over multiple episodes. I'll buy a season pass for that since I don't play mp because of my connection

If you go into the updates section in the main menu, it's kind of hidden, but it says something like "The first episode of Freedom Cry is almost here!".

chrispile
12-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Well, if you got suckered into buying the season pass for AC3, then you obviously won't be buying anymore season passes. I enjoyed the single player story on AC3 and the story on Black Flag, but after the horrible DLC we got for AC3 I will never buy a season pass again. Kind of like Battlefield, I will not be buying the premium. The old saying holds true, "Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me". So let's just say lesson learned, Ubisoft is terrible when it comes to making DLC for their games. You want good quality DLC's you have to play Skyrim or something of that nature. I know everybody has opinions and that's mine, just make sure you learn from your mistakes.

Kagurra
12-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Well, if you got suckered into buying the season pass for AC3, then you obviously won't be buying anymore season passes. I enjoyed the single player story on AC3 and the story on Black Flag, but after the horrible DLC we got for AC3 I will never buy a season pass again. Kind of like Battlefield, I will not be buying the premium. The old saying holds true, "Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me". So let's just say lesson learned, Ubisoft is terrible when it comes to making DLC for their games. You want good quality DLC's you have to play Skyrim or something of that nature. I know everybody has opinions and that's mine, just make sure you learn from your mistakes.

I indeed got burned by the AC3 DLC. Also by Bioshock infinite. I got the game because I know how good Bioshock is, but it turns out that Infinite was the worst in the series, and the only reason I played it was to get all my achievements, and then I never touched it again. I bought the season pass because gamestop offered me the strategy guide for free with it, and since those are like 20$ anyways, I figured it was a really good deal so I did it. So yeah, never again.

I'd be very tempted to buy it for games I know I'll love and play a ton like Destiny and Dragon age Inquisition, but I don't know. I hope they don't even offer it for those games, and I hope season passes go away in general. I doubt it though..

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't understand....the AC3 season pass promised to give me all the AC3 DLC at a discounted price.

That is what it promised to do...and that is what it did. It gave me all the DLC at a discounted price.

What is the issue here?

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Also WHY should MP content not have trophies and not be included in the season pass? Because certain people don't like MP? Because they like having 100% completion...but since they don't like MP they can't be bothered to get 100% completion?

I actually kind of agree that MP content shouldn't have trophies tacked onto primarily SP games. I'm not really that fussed by trophies myself, but I can see how it would be frustrating for someone who likes 100%ing their games to buy an SP-centric game like this only to find some BS "Reach the top MP rank" trophy, or DLC trophies for content they haven't even bought.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 08:04 AM
I actually kind of agree that MP content shouldn't have trophies tacked onto primarily SP games. I'm not really that fussed by trophies myself, but I can see how it would be frustrating for someone who likes 100%ing their games to buy an SP-centric game like this only to find some BS "Reach the top MP rank" trophy, or DLC trophies for content they haven't even bought.

I'd understand that if it was a primarily SP series (like how they tacked on MP to Mass Effect3)....but the MP has been around for the last 4 games... I'd say its pretty standard now.

chrispile
12-10-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't understand....the AC3 season pass promised to give me all the AC3 DLC at a discounted price.

That is what it promised to do...and that is what it did. It gave me all the DLC at a discounted price.

What is the issue here?

Yea, well The Tranny of ole King Washington sucked, and I don't play the awful AC multiplayer, so yea not worth it at all. Ubisoft DLC's are kind of like pre-order bonuses, just enough to spark the imagination but in reality it just sucks! Yes I know I spelled tyranny wrong and Kagurra, video games will keep shelling out the same crap as long as people keep buying them, so I think I will sit the rest of the DLC's out and quite possibly future Ubisoft games(as much as that pains me to say)!

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I'd understand that if it was a primarily SP series (like how they tacked on MP to Mass Effect3)....but the MP has been around for the last 4 games... I'd say its pretty standard now.

Eh, I don't know, it's still a very SP-centric game. When people think AC, they usually think open-world exploration and assassination rather than MP, at least in my experience.

In any case, people don't buy it exclusively for the MP like COD or GTA.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Yea, well The Tranny of ole King Washington sucked, and I don't play the awful AC multiplayer, so yea not worth it at all. Ubisoft DLC's are kind of like pre-order bonuses, just enough to spark the imagination but in reality it just sucks! Yes I know I spelled tyranny wrong and Kagurra, video games will keep shelling out the same crap as long as people keep buying them, so I think I will sit the rest of the DLC's out and quite possibly future Ubisoft games(as much as that pains me to say)!

Well that is a matter of opinion...but yes..I can see why you wouldn't want to buy the next Season Pass. But thats because you don't want the next DLC...not because the Season Pass was a scam.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Eh, I don't know, it's still a very SP-centric game. When people think AC, they usually think open-world exploration and assassination rather than MP, at least in my experience.

In any case, people don't buy it exclusively for the MP like COD or GTA.

I have been hearing that some people do actually....which I find amusing... but I digress, it IS still a very campaign centric title. But as MP has been around for 4 games and doesn't appear to be going anywhere...not having DLC or Trophies for it does seem a bit silly. It's part of the series now...like it or not.

But AC's multiplayer is very hit or miss. You either like it or hate it... I haven't seen much of a middle ground.

Littleweasel
12-10-2013, 12:25 PM

the only reason they keep putting mp in the ac series is because allot of people are playing it for the achievements/trophies not because they like.

Littleweasel
12-10-2013, 12:28 PM
I have been hearing that some people do actually....which I find amusing... but I digress, it IS still a very campaign centric title. But as MP has been around for 4 games and doesn't appear to be going anywhere...not having DLC or Trophies for it does seem a bit silly. It's part of the series now...like it or not.

But AC's multiplayer is very hit or miss. You either like it or hate it... I haven't seen much of a middle ground.

it may be part of the series now, but it really never should have been. it seems like the only reason they added it was because people were asking for a co-op ac but instead of adding in co-op they adding in mp, which wolfpack is co-op and i love it but the other mp can take its place in the trash bin for all i care.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 12:33 PM
the only reason they keep putting mp in the ac series is because allot of people are playing it for the achievements/trophies not because they like.

Um...where are you getting these facts?

it may be part of the series now, but it really never should have been. it seems like the only reason they added it was because people were asking for a co-op ac but instead of adding in co-op they adding in mp, which wolfpack is co-op and i love it but the other mp can take its place in the trash bin for all i care.

Oh... I see. It's another "I don't like it, so it should be gone" opinion.

I've said it time and time again. AC Multiplayer has proven to be either hit or miss with everyone. Either you like it or hate it. Personally I like the MP...and the people I play against all seem to like the MP.

Littleweasel
12-10-2013, 01:27 PM
i'm getting my facts from game forrums where people are complaining about the fact that they hate the ac mp and the only reason they even play it is because of it having achievements.trophies for the mp. i have 25 friends that love the ac series but hate the mp and only play it for the achievements/trophies my self included, but once we have the achievements/trophies for the mp we never play it again.

i'm not saying it should be gone completely, im saying they should not have achievements/trophies for the mp of the game, so at least they can see how many people actually play it because they like it rather than just playing it for the achievement/trophies.

if you like mp that is good for you, i and all my friends hate it and will not play it after getting the achievements for it.

besides my main post was not camplaing about there being mp in the ac series or that they put out skins and map packs for it, my complaint is that they put them into the season pass and add achievements/trophies for it when like i said before if there was no achievements for the mp allot of people would probably not even play it, let alone waste money on character skins or map packs.

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 01:41 PM
i'm getting my facts from game forrums where people are complaining about the fact that they hate the ac mp and the only reason they even play it is because of it having achievements.trophies for the mp. i have 25 friends that love the ac series but hate the mp and only play it for the achievements/trophies my self included, but once we have the achievements/trophies for the mp we never play it again.

i'm not saying it should be gone completely, im saying they should not have achievements/trophies for the mp of the game, so at least they can see how many people actually play it because they like it rather than just playing it for the achievement/trophies.

if you like mp that is good for you, i and all my friends hate it and will not play it after getting the achievements for it.

besides my main post was not camplaing about there being mp in the ac series or that they put out skins and map packs for it, my complaint is that they put them into the season pass and add achievements/trophies for it when like i said before if there was no achievements for the mp allot of people would probably not even play it, let alone waste money on character skins or map packs.

But they don't HAVE to waste money on skins and map packs, etc. If you don't want those then its better to just buy the individual DLCs.