PDA

View Full Version : Realtone cable issues - Guitar detected but no sound

KingJoshu
12-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Hey all. I looked around for this issue but didn't exactly find it.

My cable and guitar have been working fine for the past month. This morning I had to play around in my sound options in Windows 8.1 to get a new headset to work properly. I ended up setting the headset as the default device and everything was fine. Tonight, when I tried to play Rocksmith 2014 again it detects I have the guitar plugged in and the cable is there but when I try to play it doesn't detect that I'm playing anything. I've tried different USB ports, I tried changing the Realtone cable to be the default device, nothing seems to get it working again.

I assume it's a setting in the sound options in Windows that I accidentally changed but I can't figure out what. Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

rcole_sooner
12-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Moved this to Gear and Support forum.

Follow the advice in the sticky PC config thread.

Some USB headphones don't work so well. Maybe if you can give the make and model someone will be able to help.

mrvega79
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Try it again with your old audio-jack headphones.

Also, did you go into the Sound control panel? You might need to reconfigure it to make the RS cable again as a recording device.

Also, silly question: are you sure you didn't accidentally turn down the volume knob on the guitar? This happened-- to my own son!

KingJoshu
12-11-2013, 03:06 AM
Try it again with your old audio-jack headphones.

Also, did you go into the Sound control panel? You might need to reconfigure it to make the RS cable again as a recording device.

Also, silly question: are you sure you didn't accidentally turn down the volume knob on the guitar? This happened-- to my own son!

Silly answer, it was the volume knob, haha. I have no idea how that happened. I didn't even think to check that, I just assumed I had changed something while messing around in the sound control panel.

Thanks!!

ZAP_Killer
02-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Silly answer, it was the volume knob, haha. I have no idea how that happened. I didn't even think to check that, I just assumed I had changed something while messing around in the sound control panel.

Thanks!!

Hello,

I've got the same problem but my knobs are allright:

I got the game this Tuesday from Steam and the Real Tone Cable from Amazon. I am using Windows 8.1 64bits.

Game is installed, headset configured and working well in game.

The cable is detected by Windows and the game. (when I disconnect it, the game ask for it)

But when I start the game and I have to tune the guitar, there is no sound at all. And I am stuck there, not able to go further.

My guitar is working, a Fender Stratocaster. I tried it on amp, with with multi-effect pads, I got sound. But the sound doesn't go through the cable. (Even in the Windows Sound Recording Devices screen or if I use the Sound Recoder, I got nothing.

I double-checked my sound devices configuration (forced it to 48000Hz) and disabled any other sound devices (GeForce HDMI sound card, USB Headset, Webcam mic, ...)

My first question is: "Can the game detect if the guitar is connected to the cable or not?"

From my point of view, it doesn't say anything when I disconnect the guitar.

Mister_Chronic
11-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Hey, doubt you'll respond due to the date of this post but were you ever able to get the game working for you?