PDA

View Full Version : Bring Black Flag DLC To Wii U!

Rasta_Frog
12-10-2013, 01:44 AM
Come on, many Wii U players and AC fans are feeling disappointed and let down that we are getting screwed out of the DLC expansions. Its almost like a slap in the face for playing on a Nintendo system. At least if its released at a later date I would be happy, I don't mind waiting for it to come out, but to outright disregard a portion of AC players because we play on a different system is not right.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 02:21 AM
It's not really up to Ubisoft. It's really more Nintendo that's saying no.

Rasta_Frog
12-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Well... if that's the case makes me wonder why Nintendo would stop DLC on a game, AC3 had DLC. I recently read an article about how Nintendo wants to pursue more dlc content for future games, curious why they would prevent a big name game franchise like AC from putting out extra content on their struggling system. I'm still hopeful that eventually WiiU users will get the extra content. Its a great console I believe and and extras can't hurt but in fact help the system.

Rasta_Frog
12-10-2013, 03:53 AM
Another puzzling thought I took a screenshot from my WiiU here (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADbUgNqnXXYSQ) why is freedom cry being advertised within game on the system if we aren't getting the content?

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2013, 04:04 AM
My guess is lack of sales from AC3's DLC was the reason behind this decision (sadly). But then there's that advertising. Adding such advertising and showing it for the WiiU version if it's not coming out for it is only a surefire way to infuriate users.

Landruner
12-10-2013, 04:12 AM
It's not really up to Ubisoft. It's really more Nintendo that's saying no.

Where did you get your source that it is Nintendo that said No? - Everybody knows that it is a turn around from Ubisoft for not releasing the DLC or the season pass for Wii- U.
Anyway apparently Ubisoft is not the only publisher that is trolling that console.

Landruner
12-10-2013, 04:16 AM
My guess is lack of sales from AC3's DLC was the reason behind this decision (sadly). But then there's that advertising. Adding such advertising and showing it for the WiiU version if it's not coming out for it is only a surefire way to infuriate users.

No, Ubisoft does the same like others, it is an embargo from most of the publisher(s) against that console - Ubisoft is not the only one that does sabotage that console. A way to make to remind to Nintendo that the Wii-U was a bad business strategy and decision. Ugly is this video industry 'world.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 05:08 AM
Where did you get your source that it is Nintendo that said No? - Everybody knows that it is a turn around from Ubisoft for not releasing the DLC or the season pass for Wii- U.
Anyway apparently Ubisoft is not the only publisher that is trolling that console.

Because both sides have to come to an agreement. In an interview with Robin Lavallée, the Wii U Project Manager, declined to give a comment on it.

Ubisoft is in the business to make money, yet if AC3's DLC didn't do well, and Nintendo agrees, and the DLC doesn't do so well, Ubi still gets their money.

You said it yourself, it's an embargo. Nintendo's fear is that they won't recoup those licensing fees, I'm assuming.

phoenix-force411
12-10-2013, 06:26 AM
I wonder why Wii U even has AC series....

phoenix-force411
12-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Ubisoft just doesn't acknowledge the console enough, but I don't blame them. I mean, the majority of the players for Assassin's Creed are on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

Rasta_Frog
12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
I am still hopeful though, if a fan base can ressurect Daniel Jackson surely we can make enough of an impact to get dlc for the Wii U, granted they are 2 seperate mediums but both fall into the entertainment category. We as the consumers should have an effect, especially when ubisoft has stated and claims to be listening to it fan base at some level and developing and evolving with our input.

LeftistHominid
12-11-2013, 05:32 PM
When Ubisoft first announced the Wii U wouldn't be getting DLC, I canceled my pre-order and then ordered the PC Gold Edition. Ubisoft has previously stated that porting to the Wii U is relatively cheap, meaning there is low risk in porting content to the Wii U. If AC III had bad Wii U sales, it does not make sense for them to do things like this that will further drive down AC IV Wii U sales. Now watch, when AC V or whatever the next title will be does not show up on Wii U at all, they will cite bad AC IV sales (which Ubisoft themselves will have caused...)

Mykdee311
01-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Ubisoft said it cost less than $1million to port ACIII to WiiU, they have sold over 230,000 units. Thats over $13 million, which obviously they don't get all of that. But even if they only got 10% of the sales profit...they would have still made money.

And lets not forget that ACIII was not exactly the port quality everyone had hoped for, Black Flag is much better, and hopefully reflects in the sales....although Ubisoft sure didn't help the situation by dismissing DLC on the console. I know a lot of people that either cancelled their preorder or went a different route due to that announcement.

phoenix-force411
01-28-2014, 04:06 AM
When Ubisoft first announced the Wii U wouldn't be getting DLC, I canceled my pre-order and then ordered the PC Gold Edition. Ubisoft has previously stated that porting to the Wii U is relatively cheap, meaning there is low risk in porting content to the Wii U. If AC III had bad Wii U sales, it does not make sense for them to do things like this that will further drive down AC IV Wii U sales. Now watch, when AC V or whatever the next title will be does not show up on Wii U at all, they will cite bad AC IV sales (which Ubisoft themselves will have caused...)

ACV may not come out for Wii U if it's not comin' out for last gen consoles(the seventh generation). Wii U, as seen in Ubisoft's eyes, is between last gen and current gen, but it is not "next gen". Since games for 2014 will be utilizing current gen tech and capabilities, it is a safe assumption that Wii U may not be receiving anymore Assassin's Creed. Other companies have already cease production of anymore games to the Wii U like EA.