PDA

View Full Version : (almost) Full survey posted on Kotaku

Sushiglutton
12-09-2013, 05:11 PM
So the guy running Kotaku was randomly selected to do the survey. Obv he just screenshotted the entire thing and posted it. Some interesting questions in there for sure. Here you go:

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-is-asking-surprising-questions-about-assassins-1478714690

lothario-da-be
12-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Just read it too. Some interesting stuff in there. And for a not realy ac fan he answered the questions good. ( he wants more assassinations :) ) I am pretty sure they are going to make or are already making more pirate games, the questions kinda hint to that.

Shahkulu101
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Aghh, more questions about linear sequences and whether we'd buy uncharted. Yes, I would buy it and I do like linear gameplay sequences but not in AC Ubisoft! Interesting about the read dead redemption question - I think they're are trying to gauge how much we want more 'true' open-world games with that one. That I am fine with, just no bloody linearity or Uncharted-esque gameplay.

PLEASE!

lothario-da-be
12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Aghh, more questions about linear sequences and whether we'd buy uncharted. Yes, I would buy it and I do like linear gameplay sequences but not in AC Ubisoft! Interesting about the read dead redemption question - I think they're are trying to gauge how much we want more 'true' open-world games with that one. That I am fine with, just no bloody linearity or Uncharted-esque gameplay.

PLEASE!
This x100

killzab
12-09-2013, 06:05 PM
I haven't read them all... but I don't understand some questions ...

They're making reference to stuff that isn't even present in the game !

Like :
- the ability to call allies in missions a la Ezio saga / ACIII
-the ability to use different ships
The final duel against Torres ???? WTF ? I am pretty sure we just air assassinate him in any case ...

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 06:30 PM
They're trying to determine if those would make a good comeback/addition.

And yeah, it sounds to me like IV is getting another game. Sounds good to me.

SixKeys
12-09-2013, 08:12 PM
The final duel against Torres ???? WTF ? I am pretty sure we just air assassinate him in any case ...

Lol yeah, "duel" with the highest possible amount of quotation marks. :rolleyes:

I play Uncharted for different reasons than I play AC. I wish Ubi would stop conflating the two like they're anything alike. :mad:

One of the multiplayer questions: "The possibility to import content from previous Assassin's Creed multiplayer games (e.g. characteres, maps)"

OMG YES PLEASE WITH THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!

PedroAntonio2
12-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Why they are trying to be like Uncharted ? Be like RDR...if you want to be like Uncharted, do it in Modern Day Missions, but don't bring linearity in the Animus storyline

misterB2001
12-09-2013, 08:40 PM
i LOVE the thought of the same city in different Era's, could be very interesting

SixKeys
12-09-2013, 08:45 PM
i LOVE the thought of the same city in different Era's, could be very interesting

This is something Darby has wanted to do since ACR (originally we were supposed to see Alta´r travel to Constantinople and then Ezio centuries later). Unfortunately technology has held them back so far, but maybe next-gen will finally allow them more freedom to play with things like multiple protagonists and varying maps of the same city in different eras.

lothario-da-be
12-09-2013, 08:52 PM
This is something Darby has wanted to do since ACR (originally we were supposed to see Alta´r travel to Constantinople and then Ezio centuries later). Unfortunately technology has held them back so far, but maybe next-gen will finally allow them more freedom to play with things like multiple protagonists and varying maps of the same city in different eras.
I think it was more because of time constraints. All altair parts were in Masyaf and very short, and its not like that because they wanted that i suppose.

Sushiglutton
12-09-2013, 08:53 PM

Funny story: My game glitched at that moment. The character was standing there, but his weapons were lying on the ground and it wasn't possible to kill him. I had to restart. Kind of ruined the moment.....

essbeebee
12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
OK, I had to sign in and post here. I got an email with this survey and clicked to complete the survey, whereupon I was directed to a page asking me for my age. I entered my age and was then sent to a page telling me that I was not eligible to complete the survey.

I am really rather annoyed at this and did not figure Ubi to be quite so ageist. It appears I am considered too old to be able to hold a valid opinion on a game series I have spent a couple of hundred pounds on this year alone!

SixKeys
12-09-2013, 10:09 PM
OK, I had to sign in and post here. I got an email with this survey and clicked to complete the survey, whereupon I was directed to a page asking me for my age. I entered my age and was then sent to a page telling me that I was not eligible to complete the survey.

I am really rather annoyed at this and did not figure Ubi to be quite so ageist. It appears I am considered too old to be able to hold a valid opinion on a game series I have spent a couple of hundred pounds on this year alone!

Wow, too old? If you had been too young, I would have understood their reasons for turning you down, but too old? I realize Ubi is going for a certain target demographic, but that's part of the problem. They assume their audience to be people of a certain age who like certain games (like Uncharted). In my experience though, AC attracts a surprisingly diverse audience. Excluding fans based on their age seems like a really dumb decision in the case of this franchise.

essbeebee
12-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I really thought that I had left lying about my age behind many, many years ago :mad:

ACfan443
12-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I'd have thought they'd tread the waters of inspiration carefully after their previous attempt at imitating Uncharted (dreadfully) with AC3. Why they've even mentioned it in a survey again is beyond my comprehension.

YRTEP
12-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Blag Flag?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/198ozniv7m4ktjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

luckyto
12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
It's been an open-world game since Assassin's Creed 1.

And no, I do not want linear missions. It's taken us three games of complaining about them and the eventual self-implosion of linear nightmares in ACIII to get non-linear missions back like in AC1. The last thing in the world I want is linear missions.

If I want to play Uncharted, I'll play it. And when I do play it, I play it for about 10 hours in between the 50-100 hours that I'll invest in a GOOD Assassin's Creed game.

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Blag Flag?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/198ozniv7m4ktjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

And "Assassin's 4". :p

TaleraRis
12-10-2013, 01:03 AM

I came here looking to see who else had gotten a survey, because they never seem to find their way to my e-mail Inbox. I get to hear about them third-hand in some article, usually posting the results.

guardian_titan
12-10-2013, 02:07 AM
There's Anny Bonny and Mary Reed, too. :p If I didn't know the survey was legitimate, I'd say it was fake. Guess whoever proofreads the surveys was either on vacation or had a wee bit too much egg nog. :p

Should be interesting to see where the series goes. Seems another naval game is in the works or perhaps the questions were meant more to gauge how a naval series would fair. If the next AC has naval included again, then that narrows down the era for the next game drastically.

The cities over multiple eras would be interesting for sure. That'd certainly open up jumping through multiple protagonists, but doing so also makes me a bit iffy. What if that results in a shorter story? People complain about Haytham stealing a fourth of AC3 from Connor. If they do the multiple eras in a game and can tell the story well for all of the protagonists that appear in that game, then maybe it won't be so bad, but there will always be someone that gets the shaft.

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 06:41 AM
The fact that they're even mentioning Uncharted in the same breath as AC has me slightly concerned. I like Uncharted OK, but AC should never go down that route *coughcoughAC3cough*

luckyto
12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
The fact that they're even mentioning Uncharted in the same breath as AC has me slightly concerned. I like Uncharted OK, but AC should never go down that route *coughcoughAC3cough*

amen bro

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 04:09 PM

Yep. A similar survey was going around sometime after the release of ACR and that one also asked players how they felt about Uncharted. What is Ubi's obsession with that game?

Hans684
12-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Yep. A similar survey was going around sometime after the release of ACR and that one also asked players how they felt about Uncharted. What is Ubi's obsession with that game?

I doubt it's obsession, they most likely added it becouse it sells while being linear as ****.

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 07:59 PM
What is Ubi's obsession with that game?

Perhaps that it's wildly successful? :p

It's easy to market 'splosions and one-liners, and Uncharted is chock full of both. Plus, mission design has been one of the most consistently bashed elements of AC3 (so bad that they put in a feedback function in the sequel) so I think they're trying to gauge how players feel about linearity. The thing I think they're overlooking, however, is that while Uncharted is linear, most of the gunfights are actually very dynamic, forcing you to explore your environment and figure out how best to take on your enemies and evaluate individual threats (at least on the hardest difficulty setting, which is my preference). Whereas AC3's particular brand of linearity consisted of "run to checkpoint, press Square, watch cutscene, repeat."

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 08:11 PM
It would be nice to make a thread where we compared what score we gave to each mission and discus it?

MadJC1986
12-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Sounds to me like if they want to keep naval gameplay. If so, I guess I am done with AC from now on.

LoyalACFan
12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Sounds to me like if they want to keep naval gameplay. If so, I guess I am done with AC from now on.

They don't want to keep it in AC, they want to make a whole new franchise focused on it. Take it out of AC, build on it, and reuse it in a pirate IP.

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 11:14 PM
It would be nice to make a thread where we compared what score we gave to each mission and discus it?

If you're willing to make a list and description of every single mission in the game, be my guest.

LoyalACFan
12-11-2013, 05:24 AM

That would be kind of hard to manage though, and we wouldn't be able to have very good discussions since the thread would be so broad. Maybe we could have a thread for Sequence 1-3 missions, then 4-6, etc.