PDA

View Full Version : Soundgarden - Outshined

rcole_sooner
12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Is this one of the songs that did not make the imported songs list from the old Rocksmith on disc songs?

sh1kamaru-
12-09-2013, 04:48 PM
huh ? no I’m surprised you ask the question, the only songs that don’t import are both clapton songs, both chapla songs and Boss.

elemenohpenc
12-09-2013, 04:49 PM
it's there. i just checked to be sure.

rwilson1982
12-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I was playing it last night :-)

rcole_sooner
12-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Just checking. I am getting no where on my support ticket and getting this song to show up in my game. ...sigh...

It is not on any of my 3 PCs either. So, at least it is consistent.

I'll just keep pounding support I guess.

CryptoFacto
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
You have my sympathy. That song is super fun to play :cool:

Brick235
12-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Do the "verify game cache" on Steam. It should find any missing files and re-download them.

rcole_sooner
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I've tried verifying cache, and the delete everything in the install folder "except" thing. Still no luck.

Verifying cache does say that 1 file fails to verify and it will be reacquired, but I never see anything get downloaded. So I dunno about that.

You have my sympathy. That song is super fun to play :cool:

Yes, that song is one of the few I could get my wife to play with me. Kinda really sad about this, but I guess I gotta live with it ... or without it as the case may be.

noop101
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Just confirming that it showed up for me on PC. Probably my favorite Drop D song in the game.

Brick235
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
That is probably the one that's missing then. It should show the item downloading on steam like it does when you buy DLC. I'd try steam support.

rcole_sooner
12-09-2013, 09:54 PM
I have support tickets/questions in on both ubisoft and Steam for it.

daddy_felix
12-10-2013, 09:13 AM
maybe you're on a path that is not supported by this song?

jhardtone
12-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Just checked, I have the song and it is available on all paths (PC).

rcole_sooner
12-10-2013, 03:10 PM
The funny (or not so funny) thing is, it is not on any of my 3 PCs. So I don't think it is a file corruption issue.

rcole_sooner
12-13-2013, 06:21 AM
LOL!

I just got a response to my Steam ticket.

The support tech said they do not have any record of me owning this game title.

LOL!

....sigh...

SeattleSauve
12-13-2013, 08:10 AM
You should really get the game RCole, I'm sure you'll love it :)

Is your steam copy the version you got for free from UBI? If so, that might have something to do with Steam not thinking you have it.

RokDog007
12-13-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL!

I just got a response to my Steam ticket.

The support tech said they do not have any record of me owning this game title.

LOL!

....sigh...

BOOWAhahahaha....

rcole_sooner
12-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Is your steam copy the version you got for free from UBI? If so, that might have something to do with Steam not thinking you have it.

I wonder about this at times anyways. Because that would mean I still own a key code, from my pre-order, that I have not used.

Either way Steam required me to register the pre-release copy I got.

Also I think I got the pre-order bonus song(s). I don't remember what they are at the moment.

I was thinking that maybe it is just English is not the first language of the Steam Support tech, and what he was really saying was in response to a previous question. He had asked if I owned both versions. I replied that I did. So maybe he was just explaining why he asked.

I don't think Steam and Steam Support are the same folks. I know it requires a separate login. I don't think Steam Support knows what folks have registered on Steam.

So maybe in retrospect he was not saying he had no record of me owning the game, but rather they have no idea what we do or don't own.

Just a guess.

rcole_sooner
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Well, problem solved ... and I kinda feel a little guilty ... but also confused....

They had me search for my paypal receipt for the import tool purchase. I could not find one. I guess I had never purchased the tool.

:confused:

How then do I have all the other on-disc songs?

Maybe it was because I had played the beta release and once it "expired" I lost the on-disc songs.

I dunno.

When I did get the Soundgarden song, it already had a play count of 2. I knew I had played it before, as I remembered a few changes, and the new lead version.

Either way it is solved .... all I had to do was buy the import tool. :o Doh!

Kynlore
12-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Understandable. If you had them in there before, you wouldn't have had any reason to think they wouldn't be there in the future. Glad you got it figured out.