PDA

View Full Version : Request about forts.

CipollaCreed
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Right now i think forts are just completly useless. Yes, they help you attacking ships but honestly, who cares? They are just empty buildings and i think this is silly. So here's my request:

Give us a DLC where we can defend a fort under attack. For example i am roaming on the sea, i get the message that a fort is under attack just like the convoy under attack in ACIII, i go at fort and a kind of survival mode begins like Edward moving a cannon on the fort and attacking approaching ships then enemies board the fort and you go in the main area killing waves of enemies incoming. If you succeed you defended your fort and you can keep it and recruit some members of the crew from the defeated enemies, if you don't succeed or you don't go defending the fort in time (for example if you don't go in 10 mins the spanish or english enemies conquer it), you lose the fort and you have again the chance to get it back cause i really liked to attack a fort but i felt so sad discovering that, after you conquer a fort, you can't do it again.

You could also add some defences to the fort like upgrading it with bigger cannons, improving the wall defences etc.
So give us a DLC so we can have fun and you can have money. I think it is an equal share.

What do you think about this? Add your opinion if you want. Thanks for your time and attention everyone.

walsh2509
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
This game is a bastard child of Age Of Pirates Caribbean Tales ( which I loved and in sailing each type of ship had its speed and turning rate which if you used chain shot on killed any turning ) and AC its neither one or the other, so much could be opened up in this game with trading and such, as you said with attacking Forts once you get them what do they do? Much like when I got very own Cove on Great Inagua, I laid out thousands of hard earned cash to open shops and supply stores and not only do I not get any income from them I have to pay full price for the items I need to stock up on, could have saved myself a packet not updating the place.

CipollaCreed
12-09-2013, 02:56 PM
This game is a bastard child of Age Of Pirates Caribbean Tales ( which I loved and in sailing each type of ship had its speed and turning rate which if you used chain shot on killed any turning ) and AC its neither one or the other, so much could be opened up in this game with trading and such, as you said with attacking Forts once you get them what do they do? Much like when I got very own Cove on Great Inagua, I laid out thousands of hard earned cash to open shops and supply stores and not only do I not get any income from them I have to pay full price for the items I need to stock up on, could have saved myself a packet not updating the place.

Very true, i agree 100%, the cove is another useless thing.
This is what i never liked about Ubisoft: the lack of interest in details. ACIV got a giant potential in many things but they just ignored it. They could make the perfect game, too bad they didn't wanted to do an accurate work. I hope they will make a DLC to correct all these missing things, but i doubt very much about this.

Lokikron
12-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Please no.

This brings up a lot of things:

Do you lose the vision that the fort provided
Does the area around the fort become restricted again
Can you fast travel to the fort if it's been captured

Basically it sounds like den defense in acr, aka tedious ******** that I would rather not deal with.

One of my few small complaints about ac4 (not counting the bugs) is that money is harder to get than in ac2/b/r, in 3 you kinda had to put some work in and it wasn't an automatic deposit like before, but now fleet things are... tedious and require WAY more effort and work than before. Bright side is, money is still SOMEWHAT easier to come by by selling rum/sugar, and you'll get plenty just playing the game, and that money is useless outside buying all the upgrades (I straight up purchased the best swords before leaving havana, then shortly after the best pistols you can actually buy).

So while I'm loving the game itself, I really dislike kenways fleet and what they did with it (takes to long, in a lot of ways, not much reward for the time put in).

strigoi1958
12-10-2013, 03:21 AM
yes I have to agree... there were some that didn't like den defense and I think the devs took that on board... focusing on the main game. But I like anything that is extra. Kenways fleet is like assassin missions but with some interaction... not just send them and promote them when they return.

guardian_titan
12-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Not to sound pessimistic, but the game's done. They're just going to release the DLC that we know about (Freedom Cry and the Blackbeard's Wrath one or whatever it is) and they're moving on to the next game. I very much doubt they'd add another DLC for a minor part of the single player game. There's a chance there could be more DLC after Freedom Cry and the multiplayer one since the DLC for this game does seem on the (very) light side, and Freedom Cry is coming out rather quickly compared to previous games, but I'm not holding my breath, honestly. If there is more DLC, I doubt it'll have anything to do with the main game and will just be something else we access via the main menu.

Since it seems a naval series might result from this, your suggestion is perhaps better geared toward that than to a game that Ubisoft is done with.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2013, 05:28 AM
I hated den/tower defense, and I don't much like any of the back and forth power struggle features I've seen in the few RPG and FPS games I've seen it used in. That belongs in RTS games IMO. Here esp it would somewhat defeat the whole open world action adventure theme where you're free do as you please without worrying about having to clear out a fort again for safe passage.

That said, I wouldn't mind a signal flare option that would be fired by the mortar cannons to let your fort know to stop firing on the ship you aim it at, which could serve as a quick resource farming tool. All the better if there was an epic mission you had to take on to get the flare option. It could even be a craft-able item, maybe requiring you to combine fireworks with mortar shells. Lots of possibilities.