PDA

View Full Version : Running on Beams/Tree branches...

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Guys, I'd like to know how people are running on beams or on tree branches, but not at full speed.

I'm goin' to use this video as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMhHkLpsw5s

Here's a small time frame of what I'm talking about: 2:40 to 2:44.

See, you can clearly see that when he's running on beams or on the trees, he runs on them but not at full speed. Is this only possible on Xbox 360/One and PC? I play on PS3, and I cannot do this at all.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Don't hold down the trigger button to run...lol

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 06:22 AM
He's on PC I believe, and if that's the case he wouldn't have pressure sensitive controls. It's either walking or full force running I believe. Maybe there's a way if you hold down shift or something. If you're on console, you just hold down the trigger partially instead of fully. Sometimes Edward will run if I even slightly rest my finger on the bottom of the trigger (xbox one) a little too heavy. The new xbox triggers are more sensitive, which is a good thing, but it took me a while to realize why sometimes Edward wouldn't walk.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Don't hold down the trigger button to run...lol

No, he's not walking on it. Walking is much slower than that, and as you can see, he is holding the trigger button to do this, because the buttons HUD are lit.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:26 AM
He's on PC I believe, and if that's the case he wouldn't have pressure sensitive controls. It's either walking or full force running I believe. Maybe there's a way if you hold down shift or something. If you're on console, you just hold down the trigger partially instead of fully. Sometimes Edward will run if I even slightly rest my finger on the bottom of the trigger (xbox one) a little too heavy. The new xbox triggers are more sensitive, which is a good thing, but it took me a while to realize why sometimes Edward wouldn't walk.

Maybe PC still has that concept where you need to hold two buttons to completely free run. I mean, on console, you can jog towards a beam, but you'll go at full speed only, not like this guy who's going at it at a much slower speed but he's not walking on it either.

Landruner
12-09-2013, 06:28 AM
I do that all the time (?) and I use the xbox (?) - Just release the pressure on the tigger as STDyMcStudPants suggests above!

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:31 AM
I do that all the time (?) and I use the xbox (?) - Just release the pressure on the tigger as STDyMcStudPants suggests above!

Really? So then, what do I need to press? Do just need to use the analog? Because, the guy is still holding the trigger while doing this...

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:34 AM
If I don't hold the trigger, he'll just walk on the beams... :3

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Really? So then, what do I need to press? Do just need to use the analog? Because, the guy is still holding the trigger while doing this...

Lightly hold the trigger and push the analog forward. If you don't hold the trigger at all you'll go all slow.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Lightly hold the trigger and push the analog forward. If you don't hold the trigger at all you'll go all slow.

I think I'm at a lost cause here. Unless I'm on PS4, I really am, because PS3 needs you to hold it down completely. I can only jog by not pushing the analog completely but partially, but this doesn't apply to beams.

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I think I'm at a lost cause here. Unless I'm on PS4, I really am, because PS3 needs you to hold it down completely. I can only jog by not pushing the analog completely but partially, but this doesn't apply to beams.

Oh, are you on ps3? Doesn't that controller not have triggers? They changed to triggers on PS4, but if it's just a button, I don't think you can do it as it kinda requires slight pressure, but not fully pressed. I swore I saw some PC AC2 playthrough were he jogged in it though... but I guess now that there's less buttons required, it's maybe not possible on the new AC games, 3 and 4.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Oh, are you on ps3? Doesn't that controller not have triggers? They changed to triggers on PS4, but if it's just a button, I don't think you can do it as it kinda requires slight pressure, but not fully pressed. I swore I saw some PC AC2 playthrough were he jogged in it though... but I guess now that there's less buttons required, it's maybe not possible on the new AC games, 3 and 4.

Yep, pretty much at a loss since it R1 and L1 are not like L2 and R2. If they were, then this would be possible like on PS4.

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Yep, pretty much at a loss since it R1 and L1 are not like L2 and R2. If they were, then this would be possible like on PS4.

Hm. That's kind of dumb to just throw PC and PS3 people to the dogs when it comes to full control in new AC games.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Hm. That's kind of dumb to just throw PC and PS3 people to the dogs when it comes to full control in new AC games.
I know right. I just asked my friend if he can show me if it's possible on PS4.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-09-2013, 09:12 AM
You can alternatively hold the trigger down entirely and only push forward on the analog stick slightly instead. At least if it's the same as AC3...

Edit: whoops... guess it doesn't work on beams. Coulda sworn it did in AC3...hm. Maybe not.

D.I.D.
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM

We do have pressure-sensitive controls. All the button prompts suggest an XBox-style controller is connected, so it's exactly the same as console.