PDA

View Full Version : AC5 Location: Wait a Second??!

Wolfmeister1010
12-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Who knows what AC5 will bring us in terms of a new time period? I have begun to finally except that...*tear* Connor is no more.. and have begun to look into the most popular of the fan-base suggestions for AC locations. The ones I have found that are relevant are France, China, and ancient Egypt. I am excluding Japan, since Ubi itself said they did not want to do Japan.

http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either

BAM

I could see how France would work, and China as well. But..what I still don't quite understand is Ancient Egypt. Ash has said he would want to do it, and most of you guys seem like you would really really want it. But, I am confused on how that would work. The biggest problem being architecture. Was Ancient Egyptian architecture good for parkour? Do we even know exactly what ancient Egyptian city architecture looked like? We have the pyramids..but those wouldn't exactly be enough.

Also, there are many famous Ancient Egyptians, but many of them are spread out over the course of thousands of years. Would there be enough key figures at any one time to make for a good setting for an AC..you know..because of assassination targets?

Also...just what era of China do you guys want? Because there is ancient China, imperial China..so many different Chinas. I always hear people say "we want AC in China!!!"....

Well you are gonna have to be a little more specific than that.

In France there are a number of time periods. There is Medieval France, one of the major places where the popular "knights and damsels" era occurred. And then there is the French Revolution, which I think would work very well for an AC game. However...I wonder if it would be a bad idea to have two different games based on two revolutions..

I don't know, which one of these eras seem the most relevant? Would they even work for an AC game?

Shahkulu101
12-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I know the true purpose of this thread. It is but to conceal the truth.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2013, 01:15 AM
I've made a rough guess based on looking back at the blood symbols from AC1 and the ideas of periods mentioned recently. So my take is that they could go picking up previously established plot threads and going from there.
For Egypt, a sequel based on Darim who went to Alexandria (or whoever his child is, rather) could cover that perfectly. Egypt and North Africa during the 13th century is covered there. Then they could pick up Shao Jun in the Ming Dinasty, because of the reasons I mentioned in another topic, which I'll copy and paste right now:
"I think it should be in the Ming Dynasty with Shao Jun for a few reasons. Three, namely. First off, look at the blood messages in Assassin's Creed 1. One of the first that catches my attention is this one:
"Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers.". This one emperor was the 11th in the Ming Dynasty, who lived from 1507 to 1567.
The second one is Giovanni Borgia from Initiates. Quoting from the Wiki:
"Nevertheless, Giovanni persisted in studying the Skull for about twenty years, and in 1542, received some answers. Upon discovering the Skull glowing with a faint light, he shook it and began to hear words in a foreign language, as well as see visions of a man dressed in Chinese garb. Though he could not understand the speech, he realized the man's intent, and hurried to alert the Brotherhood of this revelation."
Well, isn't that interesting. Giovanni Borgia went to Mexico and obtained the Crystal Skull there from an Aztec priest after a human sacrifice (there you answer Quetzalcoatl's hunger) and then saw something related to China with that Crystal Skull.
Finally, Shao Jun herself. She was a character introduced during Embers, she's by all means a blank slate in character development (though she has a motivation) but she's an established character with effects on the AC universe, plus in an era connected with the two previous clues. So, we already have more to go for regarding Ming Dynasty China. And thanks to my unsatiable curiosity, I spoiled myself regarding the Piece of Eden in AC4, and isn't it a Crystal Skull as well, that observatory? I think we've got some fun times ahead of us."
Then I think we'd get either the French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars or, the one I'd surprisingly prefer, the South American Wars of Independence, but I think French Revolution is more likely. As for anyone wondering about the blood messages and wants to review them, well...

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Cryptic_Messages

Have fun.

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Well, I wouldn't necessarily want "Ancient" Egypt even though I'm very interested in the time period for other reasons, but I would be totally fine with Egypt in around the year 1100 AD or something. Think about it, AC1 was super primitive in terms of technology of the time period and gameplay additions. Imagine how baren it would be 2000, or even 3000 years BEFORE AC1's setting. According to mainstream scientists, we'd be running around assassinating... some dude I guess, with a stone knife, because according to them that's all they had. We wouldn't even have a hidden blade. That's not AC. Get my point?

MIA SILENT
12-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Don't know why you're excluding Japan. It was only Alex Hutchinson that spoke out against it - giving his own opinion. Also, past surveys done by Ubisoft even gave Japan as a choice for preferred possible locations. Anywhere with good history could be good for Assassin's Creed.

Shahkulu101
12-09-2013, 01:34 AM
I'd like the Industrial revolution but it is perhaps too modern. Maybe they could place focus on avoiding guards with guns or dying in 3-4 shots. Give us one, small handgun or flintlock (depending on historical relevance/possibilty) to defend ourselves and a silent ranged weapon as well. Apart from that, it's you, your skills and a hidden blade.

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Don't know why you're excluding Japan. It was only Alex Hutchinson that spoke out against it - giving his own opinion. Also, past surveys done by Ubisoft even gave Japan as a choice for preferred possible locations. Anywhere with good history could be good for Assassin's Creed.

AND NOW, COMING TO A SYSTEM NEAR YOU, ASSASSIN'S CREED V: FEUDAL LORDS -explosion, explosion, Wilhelm scream- NOVEMBER 2014 -cut to black-

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 01:38 AM
I'd like the Industrial revolution but it is perhaps too modern. Maybe they could place focus on avoiding guards with guns or dying in 3-4 shots. Give us one, small handgun or flintlock (depending on historical relevance/possibilty) to defend ourselves and a silent ranged weapon as well. Apart from that, it's you, your skills and a hidden blade.

That's even less weapons than in AC4, no swords or a small blade. That would just rake in the complaints. At least a dagger like in AC1, AT LEAST.

Shahkulu101
12-09-2013, 01:40 AM
That's even less weapons than in AC4, no swords or a small blade. That would just rake in the complaints. At least a dagger like in AC1, AT LEAST.

A dagger would be okay, but it could only be used in close range since it wont be effective otherwise against guards armed with firearms.

Kagurra
12-09-2013, 01:42 AM
A dagger would be okay, but it could only be used in close range since it wont be effective otherwise against guards armed with firearms.

Yeah, not like a throwing dagger from AC4, like the dagger from AC1. Maybe a little larger if it's the only melee weapon we have. Definitely not as small as the ones from Ezio games. Still, I don't know how I'd feel about an AC with automatic weapons...

MIA SILENT
12-09-2013, 01:47 AM
AND NOW, COMING TO A SYSTEM NEAR YOU, ASSASSIN'S CREED V: FEUDAL LORDS -explosion, explosion, Wilhelm scream- NOVEMBER 2014 -cut to black-

Skip to 0:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=red8TGCf3p4#t=19

TruGamer97
12-09-2013, 01:59 AM
I don't know, I still think the Russian Revolution is the best choice. I mean the foundation is already there, they just need to expand on it.

Megas_Doux
12-09-2013, 02:36 AM
If there something I´ve learned with Ubi is that, in terms of settings, guessing is pointless:

1 After AC I, Japan was the number 1 rumoured choice...... We got Italy during Renaissance.
2 The infamous Shaun Hasting´s last line line ACB set, according to MANY, the game for the French Revolution.......Our beloved Ezio made a return in Constantinople looking for Altair´s legacy.
3 With a new installment being announced for 2013, many thought the French Revolution was finally coming and why not??? Pivotal period in history, great architecture, pretty close to AC3 and its young protagonist, one french character inviting our hero to visit his country and the leaked news of Ubisoft joining forces with the French government to develop a game made the Kenway saga continuing in France, very possible......And yes!!!! We got a kenway, grandpa Kenway during the Golden Age of Piracy.

I think that Ubisoft will visit the far east eventually, although China would be my favorite choice

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Bringing this back from earlier and adding that, based on this, Japan would also be a possibility. I'd be happy with Nara/Heian Japan, tbh.

I've made a rough guess based on looking back at the blood symbols from AC1 and the ideas of periods mentioned recently. So my take is that they could go picking up previously established plot threads and going from there.
For Egypt, a sequel based on Darim who went to Alexandria (or whoever his child is, rather) could cover that perfectly. Egypt and North Africa during the 13th century is covered there. Then they could pick up Shao Jun in the Ming Dinasty, because of the reasons I mentioned in another topic, which I'll copy and paste right now:
"I think it should be in the Ming Dynasty with Shao Jun for a few reasons. Three, namely. First off, look at the blood messages in Assassin's Creed 1. One of the first that catches my attention is this one:
"Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers.". This one emperor was the 11th in the Ming Dynasty, who lived from 1507 to 1567.
The second one is Giovanni Borgia from Initiates. Quoting from the Wiki:
"Nevertheless, Giovanni persisted in studying the Skull for about twenty years, and in 1542, received some answers. Upon discovering the Skull glowing with a faint light, he shook it and began to hear words in a foreign language, as well as see visions of a man dressed in Chinese garb. Though he could not understand the speech, he realized the man's intent, and hurried to alert the Brotherhood of this revelation."
Well, isn't that interesting. Giovanni Borgia went to Mexico and obtained the Crystal Skull there from an Aztec priest after a human sacrifice (there you answer Quetzalcoatl's hunger) and then saw something related to China with that Crystal Skull.
Finally, Shao Jun herself. She was a character introduced during Embers, she's by all means a blank slate in character development (though she has a motivation) but she's an established character with effects on the AC universe, plus in an era connected with the two previous clues. So, we already have more to go for regarding Ming Dynasty China. And thanks to my unsatiable curiosity, I spoiled myself regarding the Piece of Eden in AC4, and isn't it a Crystal Skull as well, that observatory? I think we've got some fun times ahead of us."
Then I think we'd get either the French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars or, the one I'd surprisingly prefer, the South American Wars of Independence, but I think French Revolution is more likely. As for anyone wondering about the blood messages and wants to review them, well...

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Cryptic_Messages

Have fun.

Black_Widow9
12-09-2013, 03:03 AM
Please use this thread for discussion:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424