PDA

View Full Version : Question about an AC IV Black Flag Gold Edition CD Key.

VolumeRX
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Has anybody tried to buy the Gold Edition CD Key of the game, and activate it on a non-North American Uplay account?
What can happen if it is done? does the non-NA account get all content? Because as some of you know the Gold Edition is Exclusive to Americans (ohh Ubisoft...) non-Americans have only Digital Deluxe Edition which has less content that the Gold Edition, so that's why I'm wondering.

YazX_
12-08-2013, 11:11 PM
you cannot active it outside of NA (well you can but i will not talk about it on the forum), anyhow, UPlay will return invalid key error.

Anyway, once the game is activated successfully, then there are no restrictions on region, you can play it anywhere though im not sure if this is true for Russian versions of the game, but since you can set UPlay to offline mode, then i believe region locking is on activation only

Anykeyer
12-09-2013, 08:02 AM
They check for region at activation time now? WTH.
I got gold from us web store and it was automatically activated on my Uplay account, works without problems too (aside from usual ac4 bugs ofc). Why Ubi should even care? This way they got more money from me compared to ****ty ru-only version I refuse to play.

VolumeRX
12-09-2013, 08:51 AM
you cannot active it outside of NA (well you can but i will not talk about it on the forum), anyhow, UPlay will return invalid key error.

Anyway, once the game is activated successfully, then there are no restrictions on region, you can play it anywhere though I'm not sure if this is true for Russian versions of the game, but since you can set UPlay to offline mode, then i believe region locking is on activation only
Ok I think you mean VPN, which I won't be using because it is too dangerous.. unless there is another method which is actually good and not dangerous.
But if I could activate it, will all the DLC/ULC Content be included?

I got gold from us web store and it was automatically activated on my Uplay account, works without problems too (aside from usual ac4 bugs ofc). Why Ubi should even care? This way they got more money from me compared to ****ty ru-only version I refuse to play.
How exactly did you buy the Gold Edition? did you buy a CDKey?
And are you from America?

YazX_
12-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok I think you mean VPN, which I won't be using because it is too dangerous.. unless there is another method which is actually good and not dangerous.
But if I could activate it, will all the DLC/ULC Content be included?

VPN is not dangerous if you know what you are doing by setup a VPN on a private box in U.S. and yes once you successfully activate it, you get all posted ULC/DLC, as far as i remember, i read a while back that there is no edition that contains everything in the game, but Deluxe and Gold editions contain most of things (still not sure , compare each game edition and check, and there is a thread on the forum containing all of these info and comparison between editions).

thats because Gold Edition and Deluxe edition have the same price (GOLD edition is for 80$ and Deluxe edition is for 60 Euros), so its a way to milk EU customers to let them pay more to get season pass and prevent them from buying GOLD edition from any U.S online retailer at the same price.

same goes with steam.