PDA

View Full Version : Feudal Japan for Assassins Creed V soon to be announced?

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Thoughts?

Hrafnagud72
12-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Post in one of the 5000 other threads already about this topic.

TruGamer97
12-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Not sure what to say. I would play it and i would enjoy it, but I have much more hope for AC V to take place during the Russian Revolution.

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Yes, they are going to announce it next month.

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Why Russia? Are you Russian? or is this something you've been interested in.

AssassinHMS
12-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Personally I think it is too soon. I would rather something like India or Spain. I am not too fond of an assassin's creed in Japan. I just don't see it working, although I may be wrong. I'd also like Victorian London but that would be too modern and, right now, AC needs to go back and give us a break from guns and other modernisms.

I think India would be a good setting for AC V. Perhaps, along the way, AC may eventually go to Japan but right now, I think AC is too immature for Japan. ACís formula is shaken, the core is extremely underdeveloped, unbalanced and casual and ACís concept is still in struggle. Iíd rather if AC matured and defined itself in more familiar grounds before doing such a big transition.
Also, I donít know just how well AC mixes with Feudal Japanís culture and atmosphere.

TruGamer97
12-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Why Russia? Are you Russian? or is this something you've been interested in. Well I'm not Russian, but I have so much love for the country to a point where I might as well be. Plus they seem to have all the concepts sorted out for Nikolai Orelov considering he had a short comic series.

silvermercy
12-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Huuuh???

This is the new AC game:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cat-Playing-Game-on-iPad.gif

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Well I'm not Russian, but I have so much love for the country to a point where I might as well be. Plus they seem to have all the concepts sorted out for Nikolai Orelov considering he had a short comic series.

If its well done then it could be good!

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Huuuh???

This is the new AC game:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cat-Playing-Game-on-iPad.gif

Assassin's Creed V: 'Dawww da wee kitty kat. :o

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 12:35 AM
In a way i want to see the reactions of a lot of people when the realize ninjas and samurai were nothing like they imagined.

HiddenKiller612
12-08-2013, 12:52 AM
In a way i want to see the reactions of a lot of people when the realize ninjas and samurai were nothing like they imagined.
They did do away with what people thought pirates were like with AC4... Perhaps they will do the same with Ninjas and Samurais

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 01:06 AM
They did do away with what people thought pirates were like with AC4... Perhaps they will do the same with Ninjas and Samurais

For one, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Ninjas and Samurais were two different time periods, and most Ninjas did a lot of recon. There's been historical shows showing the truth about ninjas where hanging out in a field all day plowing and sowing the fields, the whole time as a "disguise" of sorts to watch others covertly.

They did more, but it wasn't the whole "kill everyone silently" romance that we've come to see them as.

jetlee2777
12-08-2013, 02:04 AM
For one, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Ninjas and Samurais were two different time periods, and most Ninjas did a lot of recon. There's been historical shows showing the truth about ninjas where hanging out in a field all day plowing and sowing the fields, the whole time as a "disguise" of sorts to watch others covertly.

They did more, but it wasn't the whole "kill everyone silently" romance that we've come to see them as.

Well the Ninjas were living at feudal Japan time,while the Samurais were living in medieval and early-modern Japan.

But fact is that the functions of a Ninja how itīs been called was espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination so if this donīt fit to Assasins Creed then I donīt know,on the other hand like Iīve wrote already in the other thread I can also imagine "Assasins Creed 5",in the Ancient Egypt time.

Faithom
12-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Feudal Japan will be epic especially with new park our moves and tricks!!! Ninjas are elite the gameplay is going to be so precise. this will be the best assassins creed title in my opinion.

Faithom
12-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Egypt would be nice too or maybe the old west but hopefully they will take their time I don't want a November release its like call of duty every year its a great game but there arent any drastic improvements to the game. A year and a half later would be nice with dlc potentially leading to the next title to keep us in suspense I wouldn't mind especially with watch dogs coming out.

UnckyBadTouch
12-14-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't know, we've been through how many AC games and the controls to me are still the biggest weak point. I wouldn't mind Feudal Japan, but I sure would love India even more. Whichever they do it will be my last one if they don't get the controls down better.

PandaPuff86
12-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I don't know, we've been through how many AC games and the controls to me are still the biggest weak point. I wouldn't mind Feudal Japan, but I sure would love India even more. Whichever they do it will be my last one if they don't get the controls down better. AC is mostly about the story not the controls. Its not that important, the controls for AC have come a long way but quitting the series based on controls is pretty dumb.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 05:51 AM
If I had a penny for everytime I see the word "casual" being uttered on these forums..

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 06:01 AM
If I had a penny for everytime I see the word "casual" being uttered on these forums..

I don't think there's a large enough number in existence.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 06:01 AM
I only want Feudal Japan if the cities back then were good for parkour. I can't find much having to do with ANYTHING regarding that.

The big structures are great but they all seem isolated -- I want to know what a typical Feudal Japan city looked like. That said -- after a game with PIRATES (something that is clearly overdone), the argument against ninjas being cliche is moot now. It'd be cool to see them show a somewhat more accurate depiction of ninja (less flying kicks and "wahhhh!" noises and more disguises, recon, etc.) while also playing on some of the cliches we take as fact: for instance, if the main ninja Assassin character wore a stereotypical ninja mask in conjunction with the hood -- freaking awesome. IT'd be cool to wield katanas in place of the european swords we've fought with since the first game and we could get the blowpipe again, rope darts (chinese made but still fits), shuriken instead of throwing knives, etc. They can have a little scene involving mizugomo, the supposed "water walking shoes" that Ninja used and either show them NOT working OR show them working in an almost tongue-in-cheek way as having Da Vinci's inventions actually work.

While progressing through the story, we could find a series of seals or keys or whatever that allows us to unlock a special set of armor similar to how we unlocked the Armor of Altair, the Armor of Brutus, or the Armor of Ishak Pasha. It could be a set of Samurai armor worn by a legendary Samurai Assassin. Think traditional samurai armor but with Assassin flair (hood, the symbol, etc.).

I would love the setting and it would be a LOVELY change of scenery from all the european/european-inspired cities like Florence, Boston, or Havana. The architecture would be vastly different, cultures pretty different but with enough similarities to work, etc. Think about it, groups of geisha for you to hire to distract guards or blend with you -- espionage and assasination on real japanese people. Templars as Shogun or manipulating the inner political machinations of Feudal Japan. Would be awesome - but only if the cities would be fun. The city of any time period can be exaggerated and tweaked to make parkour and gameplay fun -- ranging from having structures that wouldn't have existed yet like Acre or Havana to just adding way more viewpoint towers than would have existed...but it can only be so much. It's like if they tried to make a small village into a towering cityscape...the suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

If someone can prove Feudal Japan would work for parkour, I'm ALL for it. If it doesn't... then perhaps China would be the next choice since the architecture is similar and inspired Japanese architecture but was perhaps, within larger cities...

Boulder_Av
12-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Feudal Japan would be a cool place to visit if not super cliche. Ancient Egypt, French Revolition, Victorean London, would also be good choices.

Sigv4rd
12-15-2013, 07:47 AM
I only want Feudal Japan if the cities back then were good for parkour. I can't find much having to do with ANYTHING regarding that.

The big structures are great but they all seem isolated -- I want to know what a typical Feudal Japan city looked like. That said -- after a game with PIRATES (something that is clearly overdone), the argument against ninjas being cliche is moot now. It'd be cool to see them show a somewhat more accurate depiction of ninja (less flying kicks and "wahhhh!" noises and more disguises, recon, etc.) while also playing on some of the cliches we take as fact: for instance, if the main ninja Assassin character wore a stereotypical ninja mask in conjunction with the hood -- freaking awesome. IT'd be cool to wield katanas in place of the european swords we've fought with since the first game and we could get the blowpipe again, rope darts (chinese made but still fits), shuriken instead of throwing knives, etc. They can have a little scene involving mizugomo, the supposed "water walking shoes" that Ninja used and either show them NOT working OR show them working in an almost tongue-in-cheek way as having Da Vinci's inventions actually work.

While progressing through the story, we could find a series of seals or keys or whatever that allows us to unlock a special set of armor similar to how we unlocked the Armor of Altair, the Armor of Brutus, or the Armor of Ishak Pasha. It could be a set of Samurai armor worn by a legendary Samurai Assassin. Think traditional samurai armor but with Assassin flair (hood, the symbol, etc.).

I would love the setting and it would be a LOVELY change of scenery from all the european/european-inspired cities like Florence, Boston, or Havana. The architecture would be vastly different, cultures pretty different but with enough similarities to work, etc. Think about it, groups of geisha for you to hire to distract guards or blend with you -- espionage and assasination on real japanese people. Templars as Shogun or manipulating the inner political machinations of Feudal Japan. Would be awesome - but only if the cities would be fun. The city of any time period can be exaggerated and tweaked to make parkour and gameplay fun -- ranging from having structures that wouldn't have existed yet like Acre or Havana to just adding way more viewpoint towers than would have existed...but it can only be so much. It's like if they tried to make a small village into a towering cityscape...the suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

If someone can prove Feudal Japan would work for parkour, I'm ALL for it. If it doesn't... then perhaps China would be the next choice since the architecture is similar and inspired Japanese architecture but was perhaps, within larger cities...

I think China or Korea would be better...

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Ancient Egypt, French Revolition, Victorean London, would also be good choices.

Not excited about any of those settings. If I had to choose one, Victorian London, except I don't want just one city like in AC:B. Victorian England I suppose.

I wouldn't mind anything in an Asian setting really, even if it's Feudal Japan.

Kagurra
12-15-2013, 07:50 AM

I've mentioned Korea before. While I'm not knowledgeable in Korean history and possible settings, I bet there's some time that would work.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 08:54 AM

Okay? Do you mean city-wise or what?

Sigv4rd
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Okay? Do you mean city-wise or what?

Well for one thing Chinese cities are generally larger and more dense...
Comparing Chinese & Japanese architecture is like comparing Anglo-Saxon & Scandinavian architecture...
Chinese architecture is more about extravagance while the Japanese are more rustic and practical.
Also we could play Shao Jun...

The reason I say Korea is because of the originality of the setting and because I'm tempted by the thought of an AC during the Japanese invasion during the 16th century...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Well for one thing Chinese cities are generally larger and more dense...
Comparing Chinese & Japanese architecture is like comparing Anglo-Saxon & Scandinavian architecture...
Chinese architecture is more about extravagance while the Japanese are more rustic and practical.
Also we could play Shao Jun...

The reason I say Korea is because of the originality of the setting and because I'm tempted by the thought of an AC during the Japanese invasion during the 16th century...

What? It's a fact that chinese buildings inspired japanese architecture...

This...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Himeji_Castle_01s2048.jpg

Is very similar to this...
http://images.chinahighlights.com/travelguide1/culture/architecture/features-of-ancient-chinese-architecture.jpg

But like I specifically said... China probably had denser cities better made for parkour. If Japanese cities DID have parkour-friendly cities, then by all means, no reason not to do it. Both China and Japan would have similar architecture. Obviously they're different but have very similar characteristics. But yes, bottom picture... holy foop, that'd be fun to climb especially in a GOOD city.

pirate1802
12-15-2013, 02:01 PM
You know you're an AC fan when upon seeing a building the first thought that crosses your mind is you want to climb to the top of it. :p

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
I'd love an Asian setting because the music would probably be very beautiful.

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 03:43 PM
You know you're an AC fan when upon seeing a building the first thought that crosses your mind is you want to climb to the top of it. :p

That happens to me all the time.

Since we're talking about less obvious Asian settings, how about Thailand or Vietnam?

Shahkulu101
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
That happens to me all the time.

Since we're talking about less obvious Asian settings, how about Thailand or Vietnam?

You mean the war between 'Merica and 'Nam?

ze_topazio
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
You know, Vietnam was not created on the year the war against Murica started.

Rugterwyper32
12-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam could work, probably during the Khmer Empire era or so. The other idea I had is, should Ubisoft decide to use naval again in the future (I hope it takes a break of a few games but still) in Southwest Asia overall during the colonization around the area in the 1600. Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish, and seeing how late the British arrived we'd have a game without British colonial stuff. Jakarta (Or Batavia, as known at the time) would be a respectable Dutch Colonial city, either Malacca for the Portuguese location, and Manila in the Philippines for the Spanish one. I'll expand on the future AC titles topic for those.

As for cities in Korea, Japan and China for the difference, well...

Seoul, Korea:

http://tinyurl.com/meutuya

Edo, Japan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Edo_P.jpg

And this model of old Beijing which is the best I could find:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7232/7211520984_6c8673c10a_o.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5119/7211579128_a991d7c253_o.jpg

Megas_Doux
12-15-2013, 05:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLCnM0vYMk

Or this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuOp7TFYSkw

I can imagine wandering on a very crowded east asian town during a rainstorm with those two tracks....

monteiro416
12-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for this! It would just seem like a beautiful setting.

Will_Lucky
12-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Isn't it already on record the Devs tried Japan and it was boring? So they skipped it.

adventurewomen
12-17-2013, 03:46 AM
Isn't it already on record the Devs tried Japan and it was boring? So they skipped it.
Exactly, that's what they said! It's just the OP assuming things because they want the next location to b in Japan when clearly there isn't going to be an AC game in Japan.

ze_topazio
12-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Corey, i believe, said, Japan would not be a good idea, but that's just his opinion, and his opinion was based on the fact that many Japanese games already used that setting, so it means little.

Kagurra
12-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Exactly, that's what they said! It's just the OP assuming things because they want the next location to b in Japan when clearly there isn't going to be an AC game in Japan.

Watch it be in Japan lololol

Will_Lucky
12-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Corey, i believe, said, Japan would not be a good idea, but that's just his opinion, and his opinion was based on the fact that many Japanese games already used that setting, so it means little.

I specifically recall Alex Hutchingson saying it, he stated the three most requested setting were Fuedal Japan, WW2 and Ancient Egypt. And all three were the most boring.

MIA SILENT
12-17-2013, 04:37 AM

No, that's not what "they" said.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Watch it be in Japan lololol

My thoughts exactly! lol I honestly don't get why Japan would be bad and receives all this hate. It comes down to the writer and the research done for the story to make it interesting. I for one do hope for a Japanese setting one day. But in all and all I could care less as long as the game is good and the Assassin is awesome!

eagleforlife1
12-17-2013, 09:22 AM
My thoughts exactly! lol I honestly don't get why Japan would be bad and receives all this hate. It comes down to the writer and the research done for the story to make it interesting. I for one do hope for a Japanese setting one day. But in all and all I could care less as long as the game is good and the Assassin is awesome!

Agreed.

pacmanate
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I specifically recall Alex Hutchingson saying it, he stated the three most requested setting were Fuedal Japan, WW2 and Ancient Egypt. And all three were the most boring.

Yeah but.

1. Those are his opinions, not Ubisofts.
2. The American Revolution was boring as hell.

roostersrule2
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah but.

2. The American Revolution was boring as hell.Indeed, damn Hutchinson and his misleadingness.

MIA SILENT
12-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah but.

Exactly. And for someone who's job it was to ensure cohesion throughout the game, he did a pretty poor job.

DinoSteve1
12-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah but.

Agreed, Conner didn't help much either.

ze_topazio
12-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Whoever was, they were just being hipsters.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
How similar are traditional Japanese and Chinese music? Because Shakulu said...

And that made me think of Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra which is heavily inspired by Chinese culture. If traditional Japanese isn't like this, I change my pick to China and I want Jeremy Zuckerman/the Track Team to compose the music to a Chinese Assassin's Creed game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmVGoLVi0o

Ubisoft. Am srs. Plz. Ubi. Do dis. Hire him. Now, do it. Plz.

benjthedivine
12-18-2013, 07:55 AM
The premise for AC is perfect for feudal Japan, ninja assassinations, japan history of conflict, ninjas being the most well known real life assassins, it fit like a glove. Now with the whole animus ordeal, and Desmond biting the dust it time for assassin creed to to go pay respect to the shinobi baby! I mean common we had a pirate, a as a freaken assassin for godsake which is as far left field to the title of the series as it can go lol.

phoenix-force411
12-18-2013, 08:00 AM
As cool as it is to have ninjas, feudal japan just doesn't seem interesting.

Fatal-Feit
12-18-2013, 08:03 AM
As cool as it is to have ninjas, feudal japan just doesn't seem interesting.

Agreed. As much as I love the Japanese culture, the Shogunate was as interesting as the Civil War.

I feel a Feudal Japan setting will be as drab as AC:3's.

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2013, 09:37 AM
It should either be this, Sumerian Civilization or Ancient Egypt. Any other location, specifically in Europe or UK would be a huge let-down for me.

nonlifer27
01-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Have anybody thought about a assassin's creed about greek revolution?There was piracy , assassinations and other interresting thinks!!!

marcbryan
01-17-2014, 10:27 PM
How similar are traditional Japanese and Chinese music? Because Shakulu said...

And that made me think of Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra which is heavily inspired by Chinese culture. If traditional Japanese isn't like this, I change my pick to China and I want Jeremy Zuckerman/the Track Team to compose the music to a Chinese Assassin's Creed game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmVGoLVi0o

Ubisoft. Am srs. Plz. Ubi. Do dis. Hire him. Now, do it. Plz.

Yes!

marcbryan
01-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Agreed. As much as I love the Japanese culture, the Shogunate was as interesting as the Civil War.

I feel a Feudal Japan setting will be as drab as AC:3's.

Like the story but not the setting?

After I played the new Tomb Raider I was more on board with an Assassin's Creed in Japan. I thought they did the temples really well and also. Tenchu was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. Haha.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Like the story but not the setting?

After I played the new Tomb Raider I was more on board with an Assassin's Creed in Japan. I thought they did the temples really well and also. Tenchu was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. Haha.

I sincerely enjoyed both the setting and the story, however, admittedly, it wasn't the most charming setting of the series. The story made up for it though.

As for Japan, unless they spice things up like in Samurai Warriors, I'm not interested...--Actually, now that you mention Tenchu... I change my mind. Make it happen, Ubs! :D

TexasToast712
01-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Why do people keep wanting Japan so badly? Ninjas and Samurais are NOT that interesting.

pacmanate
01-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Why do people keep wanting Japan so badly? Ninjas and Samurais are NOT that interesting.

This xinfinity

ze_topazio
01-18-2014, 01:43 AM
I want random duels with random wandering swordsmen.

Jish_01
01-18-2014, 02:24 AM
Anyone else want a finishing move to be a kick with the foot blade like in AC: Embers? sorry if its already been mentioned! (I know she was a Chinese assassin but could still work!)

MasterAssasin84
01-18-2014, 02:27 AM
The premise for AC is perfect for feudal Japan, ninja assassinations, japan history of conflict, ninjas being the most well known real life assassins, it fit like a glove. Now with the whole animus ordeal, and Desmond biting the dust it time for assassin creed to to go pay respect to the shinobi baby! I mean common we had a pirate, a as a freaken assassin for godsake which is as far left field to the title of the series as it can go lol.

Listen Bro i whole heartedly agree that Japan would be an awesome setting But you have just answered the question exactly why UBI will not do Japan because its un original ( in their point of view )

And it would to vastly compared to Shinobi and Shemue

Assassin_M
01-18-2014, 02:29 AM
I want wood slippers

MasterAssasin84
01-18-2014, 02:40 AM
Thoughts?

I would have thought China would have been the more logical setting ?

MasterAssasin84
01-18-2014, 02:41 AM
I want wood slippers

Give a Kimono Robe and Futon and a Bamboo Stick and i will be happy !

Black_Widow9
01-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Please use this Topic:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks