PDA

View Full Version : [PC] How do I get tracks and DLC from the original version?

Swampcolon
12-07-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm sure this is answered somewhere deep in the bowels of the forums or Googlesphere. But I haven't seen it yet.

I bought RS2014 for PC via Steam.

1. I attempted to download DLC from the original version (Megadeth Pack) and it wouldn't let me because I didn't own that original version through Steam.
2. I'd like some\all of the tracks from the original version.

How do I get this stuff? Do I have to buy the original version in its entirety?

Thanks!

Bill

toymachinesh
12-08-2013, 01:15 AM
We are looking into this issue and we appreciate your patience. Steam normally has a policy to restrict DLC purchases to those who own a particular game to prevent people from accidentally buying DLC they can't use. So for the original Rocksmith DLC you needed to own the game to buy the DLC. Many games do not support the kind of forward compatibility that we have with Rocksmith 2014 and as a result Steam is not equipped to handle associating multiple games with DLC which is why we're currently running into this problem. Rest assured, we do not intend to impose a RS1 ownership requirement for RS1 DLC and we're working as quickly as we can with Steam to remove this requirement.
Forum Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808892-Cant-buy-dlc-to-rocksmith-2014-without-original-rocksmith-!?p=9383235&viewfull=1#post9383235)

Swampcolon
01-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. The thread you linked was very helpful.