PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft support just made me delete my ACIV install

ParityClaws
12-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I logged a case the other day with Ubisoft support in regards to it telling me to install a 'patch' which was the full 22GB install again. The game runs fine offline, but of course if I say no to the patch I can't play online. It was running fine until a patch came out, the whole game patch which I already had installed and was happily playing...

So I logged a case to Ubisoft support, as I can't just download 22GB again, when the real problem is their patching. This is the reply I get:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support.

In order to respond to this e-mail, please update this incident by clicking on the "Update Question" Button at the bottom of this page (Please do not create a new incident).

To resolve you issue could you please uninstall the Uplay launcher from your PC.

Could you please go to http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB and click on the link to download and then reinstall the launcher.

Once the Uplay client is reinstalled please do the following:-

Go to the following location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher

- Right click Uplay.exe

- Select properties

- Switch to the compatibility tab and tick run this program as an administrator.

- Click Apply and then OK.

Once you have done this please try to run the game again.

If the issue still persists then to further assist you with your issue we require you to send us a DXDIAG report from your computer.

So I naively uninstalled Uplay as directed, and then found it deleted the entire installation of Black Flag, so now they have turned an annoying situation into one where I can't play the game anymore and now have to wait until my quota rolls over.

How do I change my support request into a complaint?

YazX_
12-08-2013, 11:15 AM
So I naively uninstalled Uplay as directed, and then found it deleted the entire installation of Black Flag

so you cant find the black flag folder in your program files or just cannot launch the game from UPlay and it only says Download?

Yannius
12-09-2013, 02:02 AM
I don't know about him, but I'm getting the second problem. It only says download.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Don't see how this is a complaint, because even if it did uninstall Black Flag (I've uninstalled/reinstalled UPlay before and never lost any game data) something is corrupt and a good reinstall might resolve the issue.

And sure, you can blame the patch. The problem is though, the patch isn't failing everyone. I've had zero problems with any patches. It's ultimately a combination of system specs, software, operating system, drivers, etc.

I don't see this being considered a complaint though, sorry.

Sandcracka
12-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Regardless of whether or not the game is corrupt, Ubisoft made a mistake with the install location of Black Flag. By default, the game is installed here: C / Program files x86 / Ubisoft / Ubisoft Game Launcher / games. Which is a problem as frenzy987 has already demonstrated. AC3 is installed in the C / Progam files x86 / Ubisoft folder.

Anykeyer
12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Does not matter where you install it. Uplay automatically uninstalls games based on new steam-like download system.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 08:30 PM
No it doesn't. I have Black Flag and Revelations installed and I was able to uninstall Uplay by itself without losing game data.

And Steam doesn't do that either. You uninstall Steam, you still have the game data, you just can't access it.

DAB-Masterson
12-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Don't see how this is a complaint, because even if it did uninstall Black Flag (I've uninstalled/reinstalled UPlay before and never lost any game data) something is corrupt and a good reinstall might resolve the issue.

And sure, you can blame the patch. The problem is though, the patch isn't failing everyone. I've had zero problems with any patches. It's ultimately a combination of system specs, software, operating system, drivers, etc.

I don't see this being considered a complaint though, sorry.

To bad the way you see thing's is just a matter of opinion.

MnemonicSyntax
12-10-2013, 08:39 AM
To bad the way you see thing's is just a matter of opinion.

Brilliant first post!

Except that it's not a matter of opinion that when I uninstalled Uplay last week, I didn't lose any data or content for both AC4 and Revelations.

It's also not an opinion that the patch is affecting everyone either.

Nor is it an opinion that everyone has the same software, hardware, OS'es, etc.

Lastly, a fresh reinstall CAN resolve some software issues.

So... tell me, what part of this is an opinion again? That it needs to be lodged as a complaint? statistically speaking, this would do more good than harm, except that he has to redownload all the files again.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Thanks for signing up to tell me that most of everything I said is pretty much an opinion, even if it makes you look foolish.

ParityClaws
12-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Ubisoft have still not addressed this, not even a reply to my follow up about this problem. Today both my gf and I are presented with 23GB of required 'patch' downloads, which I assume is 22GB for the game plus 1GB for the latest 'patch'. Ubisoft your customer support stinks, and it's no surprise the PC community treats you with such disdain.