PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 blood filter & sexual themes?

TheMistHunter
12-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Hello! I was wondering these things about AC4:

How well does the blood filter work?
Are the sexual themes only in the dialogue with the exception of the scene with Edward & Caroline?

If the community could answer these for me, that would be appreciated.

ze_topazio
12-07-2013, 08:51 PM
1 No idea
2 There are no sexual themes

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Blood filter turns blood off

There arent any sexual things between Edward and Caroline at all.

The "sexual themes" is probably just the sexual implications of the prostitutes. There is no sex or nudity or anything :)

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Blood filter turns blood off

There arent any sexual things between Edward and Caroline at all.

The "sexual themes" is probably just the sexual implications of the prostitutes. There is no sex or nudity or anything :)

I read someone say that you could sleep with somebody back at the hideout in Edward's bed. I haven't really looked into it myself though.

And even with blood turned off, there's still tons and tons of murdering going on. Besides, blood in AC isn't really that brutal or gory anyways. Some splashing and then some splatter on the ground around bodies.

SixKeys
12-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I have a bad feeling the OP is asking these questions because he/she is planning to buy this game for a child.

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 09:22 PM
I have a bad feeling the OP is asking these questions because he/she is planning to buy this game for a child.

Yeah...

If you aren't confident that your child is mature enough so you ask these questions, then the answer to that is no...

SixKeys
12-07-2013, 09:27 PM
To the OP: just so you know, I think this game has the most swearing in any AC game so far. I know you didn't ask about that, but just in case it matters.

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 09:59 PM
It's a pirate game. Pretty much the antithesis of a game any kid should play. BUY IT AND TOUGHEN HIM/HER UP!

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 10:05 PM
At least OP is asking if its suitable. And to be fair the only rude word is the S word and thats said not that often at all.

LoyalACFan
12-07-2013, 10:29 PM
And to be fair the only rude word is the S word and thats said not that often at all.

Lolwut? I've heard the f-word at least a dozen times already, and the c-word a time or two. Charles Vane in particular has a very colorful vocabulary.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Lolwut? I've heard the f-word at least a dozen times already, and the c-word a time or two. Charles Vane in particular has a very colorful vocabulary.

shhh dont tell the

truth

ze_topazio
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Moral of the story, this series is not design for kids, not because of sex but because of lots of killing.

But then, seems to be widely accepted that nudity and sexuality are a thing from the devil, especially for kids, but extremely gory violence and killing is acceptable.

MIA SILENT
12-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Honestly, if you don't mind the swearing just let the kid play it. A kid might repeat what he/she hears from the game, but they're not going to go round pretending to be an Assassin and start stabbing people. Unless they were already mental unstable before playing (in which case don't buy it). Also there's no nudity in this game.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2013, 11:08 PM

Yes sir. This is true.

That said, the other charming themes are nothing compared to what we saw with Ezio.

MIA SILENT
12-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Yes sir. This is true.

That said, the other charming themes are nothing compared to what we saw with Ezio.

Side boob and a bit of thigh...oh my.

pacmanate
12-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Side boob and a bit of thigh...oh my.

Side boob!!!

HiddenKiller612
12-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I think the name Assassin's Creed... should give away the fact it's not for kids.

AngryRaisin
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I play with Blood off and there is no blood. And this game had little to no sexual themed stuff. But as others have said, the dialog is definitely rated R. You know the expression "curse like a sailor", right? Well, pirates are very rough sailors! LOL

tymaster50
12-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Turning on blood filter in a game about killing people.... nice lol. Well hey everyone has their preferences I won't judge

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Hello! I was wondering these things about AC4:

How well does the blood filter work?
Are the sexual themes only in the dialogue with the exception of the scene with Edward & Caroline?

If the community could answer these for me, that would be appreciated.
Ummmmmmmmmm......
First of all why would you buy a game about an assassin if you can't handle blood and sexual themes?
Is this game going to be purchased for a child?
We can watch people getting shanked, stabbed in the throat, etc, but it is so horrible if the word prostitute is mentioned?

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
I think the name Assassin's Creed... should give away the fact it's not for kids.

AHAHAHA! True!

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Moral of the story, this series is not design for kids, not because of sex but because of lots of killing.

But then, seems to be widely accepted that nudity and sexuality are a thing from the devil, especially for kids, but extremely gory violence and killing is acceptable.

AGREED! The sex is of the devil and Killing is good. Go America!

Kagurra
12-08-2013, 12:12 AM
It's not like if you turn off blood it makes Edward not plunge his blade into people's eye sockets and then pound their face in with the hilt guard of his sword. That still happens... Turning off blood isn't an easy sugar coat for a game like this. Maybe it would be more so for an fps or something. Still...

AngryRaisin
12-08-2013, 12:16 AM
No, but it definitely makes it less graphic and gory. Like when a sword goes straight through someone, because there are no visual effects it is more cartoon-character-like, and therefore makes it much less intense for chicks like me who really don't enjoy blood and guts!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 12:17 AM
I bet the OP thinks we're a bunch of a-holes now.... ;)

AngryRaisin
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Speak for yourself! LOL

ze_topazio
12-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I bet the OP thinks we're a bunch of a-holes now.... ;)

And he's correct.

Tully__
12-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Keep it clean kiddies. Several posts deleted.

jetlee2777
12-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Well the game is good and eventhough with itīs "killing" people as content itīs still rated here in europe for 16+ and that makes me wondering at the beginning why there are no sexual themes as normally pirates are known for their well "sex orgy" and there was even seen some nudity in the very first "Assasins Creed IV Black Flag" trailer in an another one there was even seen a brothel.

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Whose to say the OP isn't a young teen and is trying to convince their parents to buy the game for them?

luckyto
12-08-2013, 05:19 AM
As a parent, this game is suitable for most children 10 and older. There is no sexual content, but the game does allude to "dancers" (prostitutes) and allows you to hire them to distract guards. No nudity and noone sleeps with anyone. Minimal swearing. Blood can be turned off and is more tame than most PG-13 films.

If the parent is controlling the encounter (playing the game), it is suitable in many parts for children as young as 6. Treasure hunting, roaming and sailing are all activities which can be done with younger children.

As for AC games go, this is perhaps the most suitable game for children of the series. Most of the others are too violent or filled with too many sexual references. This is actually very tame.

HudisAbeba
12-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm not sure turning off blood for a kid is necessarily a good thing to do. I mean, do you really want to teach a kid that their hero can punch, impale, shoot and stab his enemies left right and centre without any visible consequences other than the enemy going to sleep? I know it might sound crazy, but it's theorised that the lack of consequences in fights in western film is part of the reason why many youths in western countries are violent and underestimate their strength and ability to hurt people, so I imagine this would be similar.

AngryRaisin
12-08-2013, 05:53 AM
That's a very profound and interesting perspective, HudisAbeba!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Still think it's rated for those 16+ easily.

dvsboy100
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
At least OP is asking if its suitable. And to be fair the only rude word is the S word and thats said not that often at all.

On the first memory in the game when you get on the island in the first like 15 mins of the game the assassin on the island says "Bloody f*cking pirates!' and trust me there is a LOT more where that came from. This game and brotherhood are really the only ones in the series were the language is thta big of an issue...

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
It's a pirate game. Pretty much the antithesis of a game any kid should play. BUY IT AND TOUGHEN HIM/HER UP!

I like the way you think, kid.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 08:36 PM
On the first memory in the game when you get on the island in the first like 15 mins of the game the assassin on the island says "Bloody f*cking pirates!' and trust me there is a LOT more where that came from. This game and brotherhood are really the only ones in the series were the language is thta big of an issue...

It's actually refreshing. I like a little flavor in language, and except for Brotherhood, it was rather dull in terms of that. It shows emotion. If Duncan had said "I hate all you pirates!" it wouldn't have been the same.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 08:43 PM
And that line by Hornigold... Just wouldn't be the same without that F word.

oliacr
12-28-2013, 09:01 PM
No sexual themes and the blood is nowhere. Too little/few.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
No sexual themes and the blood is nowhere. Too little/few.

There's blood. Just poorly graphically designed blood. It hasn't really improved since AC2/ACB. At least it's better than AC1's. I remember there was one counter move where you tripped a guy and stabbed him in the gut with your sword, and blood shot up like 7 feet in the air like a volcano lol.

Kirokill
12-28-2013, 09:08 PM
There's blood. Just poorly graphically designed blood. It hasn't really improved since AC2/ACB. At least it's better than AC1's. I remember there was one counter move where you tripped a guy and stabbed him in the gut with your sword, and blood shot up like 7 feet in the air like a volcano lol.

I like it when that move happens and splatters, always makes me giggle.

oliacr
12-29-2013, 01:04 AM

yes.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 02:01 AM
AC1 still has the best blood effects by far. I always hated the clear, liquid spurt effect that started with AC2.