PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II Discovery REMAKE

ze_topazio
12-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Inspired by this deep conversation:

I was thinking, I would actually buy a remake on consoles/PC of Ezio's adventures in Spain. Anyone with me?

NO

Why not? I don't mean as a major installment, more like Liberation: HD. I think Barcelona would be awesome, and Ezio's presence will be welcome given how little of his life we've seen.

Would buy that.

Make a poll please. I'm eating chicken wings and will be on hiatus for the meantime.

While my preference wouldn't be another Ezio game, the setting of Ezio's adventures in Spain was pretty great and I could be playing as Bozo the Clown for all I care if we get a game in Spain.
So yeah, count me in.

Assassin's Creed II Discovery released for the Nintendo DS at the same time of Assassin's Creed II, somewhere in the middle of AC2, Ezio takes a break from his Borgia hunt and goes to Spain to kill Templars, save Assassins, meet Columbus and Queen Isabella and most likely visit the local courtesans.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II:_Discovery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II:_Discovery

So, would you like a 3D remake of this often forgotten adventure?

pros:

- The glorious return of Ezio Auditore
- More Assassin's Creed
- The united crowns of Castille and Aragon AKA Spain
- Barcelona
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Barcelona_1563.JPG

- Zaragoza
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Vista_de_Zaragoza_en_1647.jpg

- Granada (the Alhambra is in this city)
http://www.adurcal.com/enlaces/cultura/zona/historia/xiv/granada2.jpg

plus we could have new cities like

- Seville
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p4MCcoq0kb0/UWexaJHBxKI/AAAAAAAADN0/XNFAB57XPeU/s1600/04-urdanibia-euskadiz.jpg

- Cordoba
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Vista_de_C%C3%B3rdoba_-_Siglo_XVI.jpg

Cons:

- Ezio again
- More Assassin's Creed
- We won't be able to see Spain again in a main game

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 09:04 PM
A fantastic proposal if I say so myself, a fourth Ezio game will reinvigorate the franchise and give it the shake-up it needs. Everyone cast your vote!

Rugterwyper32
12-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Beautiful cities, making it an actual AC game and not Ezio being influenced by other RCS characters and turning into the Italian Sonic the Hedgehog, finding a way to make the gap between the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of The Vanities less ridiculous (even though Savonarola somehow keeping the apple for so long and basically being Carmen Sandiego is still ridiculous), basically winning the Reconquista and killing Tomas de Torquemada? Yes. I would be all for it, it'd be wonderful.

Shahkulu101
12-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Beautiful cities, making it an actual AC game and not Ezio being influenced by other RCS characters and turning into the Italian Sonic the Hedgehog, finding a way to make the gap between the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of The Vanities less ridiculous (even though Savonarola somehow keeping the apple for so long and basically being Carmen Sandiego is still ridiculous), basically winning the Reconquista and killing Tomas de Torquemada? Yes. I would be all for it, it'd be wonderful.

Yes. Listen to this man and vote yes.

This thread shall not wither and die!

You're all no fun.

DarktheMagister
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
While they're at that....they should redo AC:Bloodlines on a system I'll actually bother to play.

I always felt the Maria Thorpe stuff was tacked on....but apparently it had a whole game to develop...and I just didn't play it.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Lol it's actually winning.

Pink Devil Fish
12-08-2013, 12:49 PM
It's not a remake though but I'm always down for some more Ezio

lhevans
12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Love this idea

Megas_Doux
12-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Spain???????????
Hell yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Ezio again???????????????
Just no..........

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Spain???????????

Just no..........

Why do you not want more of Ezio? He is objectively the best protagonist.

We need to go back to old times and completely forget about innovation. We, the true fans, want the same old thing every year - so let's request that Ubisoft comply with the fans demands. It will make their job easier and we get to play, again and again, a 'true' Assassin's Creed experience.

AssassinHMS
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I don't think another game with Ezio is a good idea, not after they exhausted his character. I personally think all assassins deserve to be spared from having their lives scrutinized and from having to watch all the mystery and novelty around them disappear. However, the self-centered story is also to blame. If AC2 and the rest focused less on the protagonist (like AC1) and more on the world around him, Ezio wouldn’t feel so drained (although 3 games is just too much). On the other hand Spain seems a great location so, perhaps, it is better to leave it for another main instalment.

We need to go back to old times and completely forget about innovation. We, the true fans, want the same old thing every year - so let's request that Ubisoft comply with the fans demands. It will make their job easier and we get to play, again and again, a 'true' Assassin's Creed experience.
Yes! Ezio is the only true assassin! “True Assassin’s Creed experience”?? That is what the, so called, older fans say so that they believe themselves superior and entitled. There is no such thing as true AC. AC is just a historical game with assassins and a few assassin elements (a few because the others are boring). The series needs to be fresh and, in order to do that, it needs to change itself, to forget itself so that it seems different.
“True” Assassin’s Creed is boring and AC1 proves it! We demand that this franchise never tries to stay true to AC because AC is a copy of AC and the series needs to be fresh and, obviously, AC can’t remain AC and remain fresh at the same time. Oh, and I hate those “true fans” so much! The way they want AC to be a copy of AC1. It’s not like they want the core mechanics to improve, to evolve or to be balanced, they don’t want the concept of AC to evolve without losing its uniqueness. All they want is the same old thing, the “real” Assassin’s Creed.
Oh, and combat is meant to be easy and stupid, so that we can feel badass by watching cutscenes where the assassin does some Hollywood stunts and beats the crap out of ants. Oh, and stealth is not pointless or any worse because of mindless combat. It’s not like enemy AI can’t become smarter (more challenging) without making stealth require more thought and planning. And just because stealth requires thought or skill, it doesn’t make it any less of an option than killing everyone without breaking a sweat or using our brain. An assassin escapes when he is bored of fighting, escaping from ants is thrilling, fighting ants is exciting, etc.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't think another game with Ezio is a good idea, not after they exhausted his character. I personally think all assassins deserve to be spared from having their lives scrutinized and from having to watch all the mystery and novelty around them disappear. However, the self-centered story is also to blame. If AC2 and the rest focused less on the protagonist (like AC1) and more on the world around him, Ezio wouldn’t feel so drained (although 3 games is just too much). On the other hand Spain seems a great location so, perhaps, it is better to leave it for another main instalment.

Yes! Ezio is the only true assassin! “True Assassin’s Creed experience”?? That is what the, so called, older fans say so that they believe themselves superior and entitled. There is no such thing as true AC. AC is just a historical game with assassins and a few assassin elements (a few because the others are boring). The series needs to be fresh and, in order to do that, it needs to change itself, to forget itself so that it seems different.
“True” Assassin’s Creed is boring and AC1 proves it! We demand that this franchise never tries to stay true to AC because AC is a copy of AC and the series needs to be fresh and, obviously, AC can’t remain AC and remain fresh at the same time. Oh, and I hate those “true fans” so much! The way they want AC to be a copy of AC1. It’s not like they want the core mechanics to improve, to evolve or to be balanced, they don’t want the concept of AC to evolve without losing its uniqueness. All they want is the same old thing, the “real” Assassin’s Creed.
Oh, and combat is meant to be easy and stupid, so that we can feel badass by watching cutscenes where the assassin does some Hollywood stunts and beats the crap out of ants. Oh, and stealth is not pointless or any worse because of mindless combat. It’s not like enemy AI can’t become smarter (more challenging) without making stealth require more thought and planning. And just because stealth requires thought or skill, it doesn’t make it any less of an option than killing everyone without breaking a sweat or using our brain. An assassin escapes when he is bored of fighting, escaping from ants is thrilling, fighting ants is exciting, etc.

I was making fun of Ezio fans but okay. I too hope the core mechanics are refined to their utmost potential.

AssassinHMS
12-08-2013, 02:58 PM
I was making fun of Ezio fans but okay. I too hope the core mechanics are refined to their utmost potential.

I know, I was just trying to get in the flow a little bit, I wasn't directing it at you. Sorry...

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 03:05 PM
I know, I was just trying to get in the flow a little bit, I wasn't directing it at you. Sorry...

'tis okay

Megas_Doux
12-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Why do you not want more of Ezio? He is objectively the best protagonist.

Having second thoughts.....

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I want unidimensional antagonists and scooby doo like plots! Give me more "GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS" " Vittoria agli assassini" please. No more grey templars that make you wonder if you "choose" the right side, no plot twits, just go with the flow.

I want enemies that stop attacking or just miss me when I am in the verge of death, I want to wield a huge hulk buster like armor, yes yes YES!!!!!

I know you were kidding, by the way hehe.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Having second thoughts.....

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I want unidimensional antagonists and scooby doo like plots! Give me more "GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS" " Vittoria agli assassini" please. No more grey templars that make you wonder if you "choose" the right side, no plot twits, just go with the flow.

I want enemies that stop attacking or just miss me when I am in the verge of death, I want to wield a huge hulk buster like armor, yes yes YES!!!!!

I know you were kidding, by the way hehe.

I was kidding, but I do really like Ezio and a game in Spain, with him, would be awesome. Not as a major installment but just a re-release on current-gen consoles like Liberation. Whaddya say? Yes? Camaaaann....

PedroAntonio2
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
It would be cool....but they should do a ACII AnvilNext Pack in the future. Remake ACII + Bonfire of Vanities + Battle of Forli + Discovery Remake in the AnvilNext Engine. Another Ezio game would be nice, I know...but we already saw his personality chaning across the years...I want to see NEW characters that starts the game with a personality than after some events, he ends the story completely changed like Connor, who was naive and acting as a child, turned into a wise hero or Edward who was a ******bag than ended the game with regret from what he did and turned into a man of honor and respect, feeling guilty. I want to see new characters....we already saw Ezio becomeming more wiser across the years.

pacmanate
12-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Way too late to go back to Ezio, and 3 games is enough to be honest. It obviously wasn't a good enough of an idea to make into a game in the first place.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Way too late to go back to Ezio, and 3 games is enough to be honest. It obviously wasn't a good enough of an idea to make into a game in the first place.

It was made into a DS game, so just like Liberation they can redefine it for consoles! You may think you don't want more Ezio but just replay the trilogy - you will realize how great he is.

Rugterwyper32
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM
And even if you don't like Ezio, it's Spain.
I mean. I don't really feel any other excuse is needed other than, "It's Spain". And you'd still have Moorish Granada so if you want the overflow of AC1 nostalgia plus exploring La Alhambra and overall having an amazing city, you've got it.
And then there's Barcelona. Who wouldn't like that? I visited it back in 2006 and let me tell you, what a wonderful city. The only sad part is that no Gaudi stuff would be around (way too recent) but still! Catalan Gothic would make for something different from other locations.
And then Zaragoza, different enough from the rest, with stuff regarding the Spanish Inquisition, linked to the beginnings of Christianity in Spain, having Roman origins, an impressive Cathedral...

Seriously, it's Spain.

Landruner
12-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I believe that it is a good idea and I believe that Ubisoft should exploit the idea of spin off(s) for the original character Altair, Ezio and Connor and Edward later via the material made for the past handled games and the PSP / DS consoles in order to stay in the cannon of the stories and regarding the continuity of the books written by Oliver Bowden. in a way to combine the material from the writer of the games and the books.

The way I see it is not considering those spin off entries as a new numbered entry, but considered them as expansions remade in HD with additional material - They could either be released by Arcade (Liberation HD) or by disk pack and then come with a later special editions containing the all games for each character and named them something like.

Note: Coppola did this for his godfather series, and made a special edition recombining the 3 parts together in a chronological times and filling the gaps with unused pieces of footage, it give a 8 hours long movie containing the all thing.

Just an example of what could be done: Assassin's Creed Chronicle's collection

Assassin's Creed Chronicle 1 : Legend (Altair Story)
Assassin's Creed Chronicle 2 : Retribution (Giovanni, Ezio and the end of Altair)
Assassin's Creed Chronicle 3 : Marauders (Edward & Haytham)
Assassin's Creed Chronicle 4 : Revolution (Include Connor & Aveline + the end of them)

The modern days for each original entries must be re-worked and either included or put apart depending how the continuity on the stories to respect a coherence of it - My biggest thought about the modern days and I believe that perhaps it was a mistake to have included those in ACB and ACR which I think we have made a better reception to leave them apart and reserve the Desmond part only for the numbered entries of the AC franchise. My point is that I will rather have AC1/AC2/AC3 with the modern days and have an expended modern day spin of expended and reworked Desmond' story to fill the gaps between those numbered entries. - It would have made more sense and perhaps the modern days and Desmond will have had more chance to expand and get more popularity and better reception.

Of course that is just an idea and it is free to be subject of discussion.

However; I believe that Ubisoft could get a great a deal over it a great factor of recognition from the fans of the series in giving a full perspective of their favorite heroes as well I am sure.

PedroAntonio2
12-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I prefer a Giovanni Auditore game, showing his past as an Assassin. I know they created Lineage for this, but I prefer a game showing Giovanni becoming a Assassins. And I remember Ezio telling Suleiman that his father used to tell him stories about the Fall of Constantinople. WHAT IF...Giovanni was in Constantinople during its Fall ? It would be a great excuse to show more of The Auditore Family and show Uncle Marion in his young days.

Landruner
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I prefer a Giovanni Auditore game, showing his past as an Assassin. I know they created Lineage for this, but I prefer a game showing Giovanni becoming a Assassins. And I remember Ezio telling Suleiman that his father used to tell him stories about the Fall of Constantinople. WHAT IF...Giovanni was in Constantinople during its Fall ? It would be a great excuse to show more of The Auditore Family and show Uncle Marion in his young days.

I was thinking of a Giovanni spin off to come over with the rest of Ezio story including the handled Ezio game + either Embers movie or Ember's playable and the all set fit in a huge game collection and series called AC chronicle.

lothario-da-be
12-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I want a game in Spain with a new character. It would be nice if Ezio appeared, but then they would be restrained to the time he was in Spain. Spain has too much potential too just use as an " extra" game.

SixKeys
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I want a game in Spain with a new character. It would be nice if Ezio appeared, but then they would be restrained to the time he was in Spain. Spain has too much potential too just use as an " extra" game.

Exactly. Ezio could maybe have a cameo since Discovery already touched on his role in the Inquisition, but the main story should center around someone else.

lothario-da-be
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Exactly. Ezio could maybe have a cameo since Discovery already touched on his role in the Inquisition, but the main story should center around someone else.
Same with French revolution and Connor.

DarktheMagister
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Hang on.... the comments lost me.

I thought the OP was asking if I'd like to see the old handheld titles redone for current gen consoles in HD? Not whether or not we want a main Ezio title again.

My answer to the first is still "sure why not" but its a resounding "NO" to the second.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind a major installment in Spain even if Ezio only gets a cameo. It would be a nice touch, perhaps when the protagonist is young. He could be inspired to join the cause after meeting Ezio, and try to emulate him. The story could focus on the protagonist trying to be a hero, and realizing the realities of the Creed amongst a particularly brutal Templar/assassin conflict - one that is morally grey.

Rugterwyper32
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Considering that new Assassins are introduced throughout, yeah, I'd say that could fit. Also, Torquemada doesn't actually die in Discovery, but after, so there's that. Having the cities of Discovery + Seville and maybe Ávila (to kill Torquemada there) would be lots of fun nonetheless.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Murallas_de_Avila.jpg

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I actually just read up on the plot of Discovery, it sounds pretty interesting. Especially since he rescues and works with fellow assassins. It also got decent reviews! I had no idea lol.

So... Ubi should definitely do this.

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:28 PM
omg... can we not let Ezio die.

I'm so tired of Ezio. I almost feel as if he RUINED THE SERIES. -- The reason being is that everything is compared back to him, "I can't enjoy anything because It's not Ezio." tearz. lol.

I refuse to play another game as him. I mean what else do you want you literally saw his birth and we saw him die. and about 80% of the in between.

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
omg... can we not let Ezio die.

I'm so tired of Ezio. I almost feel as if he RUINED THE SERIES. -- The reason being is that everything is compared back to him, "I can't enjoy anything because It's not Ezio." tearz. lol.

I refuse to play another game as him. I mean what else do you want you literally saw his birth and we saw him die. and about 80% of the in between.

Please leave if you have nothing constructive to say.

I hope you realize the whole thread is a joke. ;) I take it you didn't read the OP. :p

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Please leave if you have nothing constructive to say.

I hope you realize the whole thread is a joke. ;) I take it you didn't read the OP. :p

Facepalm. haha. you're right. I only read part of it. then I read several other comments... lol. geez. well if that's the case, I guess I'll jump on board. EZIO FOR EVERYONE!

Shahkulu101
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Facepalm. haha. you're right. I only read part of it. then I read several other comments... lol. geez. well if that's the case, I guess I'll jump on board. EZIO FOR EVERYONE!

I thought that when I said "...given his little of his life we've seen" it would be given away. :p

If I'm being honest though, a game in Spain would be awesome. If it's an Ezio remake of Discovery, then so be it. I love the guy. (Connor and Alty too)

poptartz20
12-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I thought that when I said "...given his little of his life we've seen" it would be given away. :p

If I'm being honest though, a game in Spain would be awesome. If it's an Ezio remake of Discovery, then so be it. I love the guy. (Connor and Alty too)

Hahah you're right that would have been a dead give away! only if I would have read. LOL. Not going to lie... Spain would be awesome! but you get a little bit of Spain in AC4 lol.

I never played any of the side handheld games so I don't know much about discovery!

Rugterwyper32
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I actually just read up on the plot of Discovery, it sounds pretty interesting. Especially since he rescues and works with fellow assassins. It also got decent reviews! I had no idea lol.

So... Ubi should definitely do this.

It's also a pretty good DS game even though it feels more like they looked at stuff Roger Craig Smith worked on and it ends up feeling like Sonic the Assassin. Good platformer by all means, though. Fun stuff.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Discovery was meant to be the story of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but then it was dismissed. Discovery itself has been removed from the Assassin's Creed lore.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Discovery was meant to be the story of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but then it was dismissed. Discovery itself has been removed from the Assassin's Creed lore.

No, that was Lost Legacy for the 3DS. Discovery was actually released, and it covers the time between Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities, with Ezio going to Spain to help the local Assassins after having intercepted an attempt from the templars to assassinate Christopher Columbus.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 01:41 AM
No, that was Lost Legacy for the 3DS. Discovery was actually released, and it covers the time between Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanities, with Ezio going to Spain to help the local Assassins after having intercepted an attempt from the templars to assassinate Christopher Columbus.

Hmm, it's been awhile since I looked at the portable hand-held games of AC. Well, if anything at all, it would be great to have a game of it, but the Ezio trilogy has ended and another Ezio game may not be popular to the overall AC community.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2013, 01:43 AM
Hmm, it's been awhile since I looked at the portable hand-held games of AC. Well, if anything at all, it would be great to have a game of it, but the Ezio trilogy has ended and another Ezio game may not be popular to the overall AC community.

Judging by Youtube and Facebook comments, I somehow doubt that would be the case.
Though I would indeed prefer a game with another protagonist during that same time in Spain. Mention it's one of the assassins Ezio saves in Zaragoza early on during Discovery and just expand on that storyline, and I think it could prove to be pretty fun.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Judging by Youtube and Facebook comments, I somehow doubt that would be the case.
Though I would indeed prefer a game with another protagonist during that same time in Spain. Mention it's one of the assassins Ezio saves in Zaragoza early on during Discovery and just expand on that storyline, and I think it could prove to be pretty fun.

I think if they do go by what you're saying, they could make an expansion upon that game and have the players play as Ezio to have his P.O.V.

ACRules2
12-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Sure, why not.
But as much as I like Ezio, I'd rather have a new Assassin.

LoyalACFan
12-09-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm enraged that they wasted the Spanish Inquisition on such a piddly little waste-of-time game, but I don't want another Ezio game. I still love him, but it's over. I've moved on.

Landruner
12-09-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm enraged that they wasted the Spanish Inquisition on such a piddly little waste-of-time game, but I don't want another Ezio game. I still love him, but it's over. I've moved on.

But if they do a HD remake for arcade with something interesting to play? , I mean I won't mind another game with Ezio as long as it does not affect the wait for a regular AC game with a new hero. I don't see why it should be not?

ReverseDoddo
12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
yes more Ezio he is the best!!:)

Will_Lucky
12-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Could do two time periods in Ezios life here as well, remake Discovery in the 3D portion. And then cover Ezios travels to Spain when he was hunting Cesare.

BATISTABUS
12-09-2013, 04:47 PM
UGH. I want Spain, and the Renaissance is just a good time period. We all know how popular Ezio is, so it'd sell. This definitely makes sense. It'd be interesting to see this environment with the AvilNext engine.

As much as Ezio doesn't need another game, I would support this.

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 07:07 AM
How is "More Assassins Creed" both a pro and a con? Anyway, I'm 12 and wtf is this?

ze_topazio
12-10-2013, 11:21 AM
How is "More Assassins Creed" both a pro and a con? Anyway, I'm 12 and wtf is this?

To some is "Hurray, more AC for me to play, can't get enough of this" for others is "Great, another AC sequel/spin-off to saturate the market even more, just take a break already!".

DarktheMagister
12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
To some is "Hurray, more AC for me to play, can't get enough of this" for others is "Great, another AC sequel/spin-off to saturate the market even more, just take a break already!".

I don't get people who make the second statement. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Tons of games I don't want come out every year....and I don't buy them, it's that simple.

Hans684
12-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't get people who make the second statement. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Tons of games I don't want come out every year....and I don't buy them, it's that simple.

It's more complicated than that. I really want AC to take a break, but i also want the games.

SixKeys
12-10-2013, 04:55 PM

It's not a case of simply not being interested in a game. I don't buy games I have no interest in either. What is happening to AC is that games that could be more end up not living up to their potential due to the yearly release cycle. There are still tons of bugs in AC3 that will never get fixed because Ubi has already moved on and has no interest in patching "old" games.

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah, its more like I'm not pushing this plate of food away because I'm not hungry for this type of food, but because its uncooked and/or could be better. And I already ate enough half-cooked food that has left me with a bad stomach. Makes sense?

Shahkulu101
12-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Let us resurrect this thread.

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah, let's. Its a great initiative. Imagine, the glorious return of Ezio!

dxsxhxcx
12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Cons:

- Ezio again

this alone IMO is enough reason to don't make a remake about that game, no matter how good it might end up being..

Shahkulu101
12-14-2013, 03:58 PM
this alone IMO is enough reason to don't make a remake about that game, no matter how good it might end up being..

Why?

dxsxhxcx
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Why?

waste of time, there are tons of unique settings and characters that could be used before use an already overused character like Ezio in a game that probably wouldn't add anything new or relevant (story-wise) to justify the trouble of make a remake about one of his games...

pirate1802
12-14-2013, 04:11 PM
waste of time, there are tons of unique settings and characters that would make a much better game than use an already overused character like Ezio in a game that probably wouldn't add anything new or relevant (story-wise) to justify the trouble of make a remake about one of his games...

But any game with Ezio automatically becomes about 9000 times better than any other game? Dont even bother about the settings or story, they all come LATER!

pacmanate
12-14-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm 12

Hans684
12-14-2013, 04:40 PM
But any game with Ezio automatically becomes about 9000 times better than any other game? Dont even bother about the settings or story, they all come LATER!

They should make Ezio a sage :P

monteiro416
12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I would love the setting, but not so much Ezio. I loved him but that chapter just seems done for good.

DinoSteve1
12-15-2013, 10:47 PM
What about remaking AC1 with AC4's cgameplay.

roostersrule2
12-15-2013, 11:00 PM
waste of time, there are tons of unique settings and characters that could be used before use an already overused character like Ezio in a game that probably wouldn't add anything new or relevant (story-wise) to justify the trouble of make a remake about one of his games...Yea but Ezio, you're just jealous of Ezio's Ezioness. You are nothing. A speck of dust.You and all your ilk. Living in the dirt like animals, oblivious to the true ways of the world. Your kind shouldn't even be allowed to look at the god who is EZIO AUDITORE DA FIRENZE.

Landruner
12-16-2013, 02:09 AM

Eziorama ( A Total Ezio's retrospective) - Let think about some Ezio' spin off episodes in HD for Arcade as a start (Ala Walking of the dead video game) and then they release it in disk. Sure people will buy it. If I were an executive at Ubisoft I will do this type of spin off episodes for all the previous characters and delegate a studio to work on those projects only.

ze_topazio
12-23-2013, 01:34 AM
That second 2014 game they are doing is totally this, i can feel it.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2013, 01:48 AM
That second 2014 game they are doing is totally this, i can feel it.

You and I should be credited as producers. We totally 'produced' this idea so it would only be fair.

I knew Ubi would come to their senses.

ze_topazio
12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
^ True, i would like to have a cameo in the game too, maybe a target that looks like me, or maybe a portrait of me in a random wall or a statue.

BK-110
12-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Please, no more Ezio games. We know everything about him and he's had enough games by far. I'd much rather see a remake of Bloodlines, since it had a very interesting story, but it just wasn't very well executed.

ze_topazio
01-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Bumping, because this is a great cause.

Someone put Ezio somewhere in this painting about the fall of Granada.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/006/7/9/battle_of_granada_by_w1haaa-d711vr1.jpg

Shahkulu101
01-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Ah, one would be forgiven for forgetting this noble cause. Come public, vote and send a loud and clear message: " We want Spain - and we want MORE EZIO! " (votes against Ezio not permitted, will assassinate every and any opposition)

INSIEME PER LA VITTORIA!

SixKeys
01-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Found him! :D

Ureh
01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I love most of the ideas, but a bit ambivalent about Ezio's resurrection. Great guy... but I think I prefer to let him rest. :P

lothario-da-be
01-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh god not this again. Spain? Hell yeah. More Ezio? No.
I love Ezio but i want new characters for a new location. It would be cool of he was a side character though.

Hans684
01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
They can make Assassin's Creed ?(V, VI, VII etc...) Discovery. The game is in the time Ezio visited Spain but we don't play Ezio, we play another special assassin(hence the new number) during that time. Then we can have Ezio as a side character and a new story starting some years before and after AC Dicovery.

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 05:10 PM
How about this for the 2015 current gen game? what better than the glorious return of Ezio the man to end this generation of consoles in a spectacular fashion?

Shahkulu101
04-19-2014, 06:03 PM
How about this for the 2015 current gen game? what better than the glorious return of Ezio the man to end this generation of consoles in a spectacular fashion?

I'm almost certain development on this title started swiftly after the thread was posted. Development can only be in the latter half of production now - will be glorious to have Ezio back.

Rugterwyper32
04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
I raise a toast to the heroes of our times, ze_topazio and Shahkulu101, for beginning this movement that shook the currents of time and brought us a better future with Godzio. Praised be them, and let us rejoice, for now salvation of gaming has been ensured!

lothario-da-be
04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
How about a Connor sequel for the 2015 current gen game? what better than the glorious return of Connor the man to end this generation of consoles in a spectacular fashion?
Fixed your message, I am sure you ment it this way.

Kirokill
04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
The Andalus sold me off.

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm almost certain development on this title started swiftly after the thread was posted. Development can only be in the latter half of production now - will be glorious to have Ezio back.

That does make all the sense in the world, I hope Jesper is doing the ost and Julio Iglesias the theme song.

I raise a toast to the heroes of our times, ze_topazio and Shahkulu101, for beginning this movement that shook the currents of time and brought us a better future with Godzio. Praised be them, and let us rejoice, for now salvation of gaming has been ensured!

Thank you kind sir, your contribution was also of great importance!

Fixed your message, I am sure you ment it this way.

I said ending the generation in a spectacular fashion, not giving it a reputation as bad as the virtual boy, mention that infidel name again and i'll call the inquisition to deal with you young man!

Rugterwyper32
04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
We all know that with this glorious meeting of Italian and Spanish cultures the soundtrack will be composed by Eros Ramazzotti, Miguel Bosé and Alejandro Sanz.

DumbGamerTag94
04-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Well it's already a canonical installment and frankly they really mucked up this one because they made a great installment of te series into a weird sonic the hedgehog/Mario bros knockoff. I would be all for them making this into a 3D real game.

However I REALLY DO NOT want to see Ezio again in a main yearly release console game. I think this is much more suited to be a Vita or downloadable game like AC Liberation. It would be enough for me. Definitely an improvement over a DS platformer game. And actual explorable cities would be cool

They should also Remake with nicer graphics and city AC bloodlines just like they did the HD console version of Liberation. That would be great. Maybe even a 3D version of the iPhone game Altaïr's Chronicles so we have 3D versions of Altaïr's prolouge and sequel(Chronicles and Bloodlines respectively). Chroncicles could even be added to a special edition rerelease of AC1 since some of the same cities are used anyway(the seige of Acre by the Crusaders is in that game)

I hope they can at least do 3D HD versions of Altaïr's spin off games along with some kind of special edition anniversary rerelease of AC1 for the New Gen consoles.

roostersrule2
04-20-2014, 11:03 AM
AC Comet=This, it's the only way it will be able to sell. The Great Ezio Auditore Da Firenze is sent on a space mission to stop a Comet from hitting Claudia and Leonardo, he does it and a minute was all he needed.

D.I.D.
04-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't be against it, since I'd love an opportunity to explore Spanish cities in the games. However, I'd much prefer a story set during the reign of the Moors, since that would be a lot more interesting. A sequence of stories that took you from the civilising of the rather hopeless Christian population by the invading Muslims, through the peak of technology and art with the stabilising energy of the Islamic Iberian culture, through to the attrition and eventual destruction of the Moorish authority by the same uncultured forces that previously ruled -- that could tell an interesting story about conquest, order and societal decline from at least two important viewpoints.

DumbGamerTag94
04-20-2014, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't be against it, since I'd love an opportunity to explore Spanish cities in the games. However, I'd much prefer a story set during the reign of the Moors, since that would be a lot more interesting. A sequence of stories that took you from the civilising of the rather hopeless Christian population by the invading Muslims, through the peak of technology and art with the stabilising energy of the Islamic Iberian culture, through to the attrition and eventual destruction of the Moorish authority by the same uncultured forces that previously ruled -- that could tell an interesting story about conquest, order and societal decline from at least two important viewpoints.

The Moors were featured in AC Discovery if I remember correctly it's near their fall and they control one city.

"Order and decline from TWO VIEWPOINTS". You clearly only consider one viewpoint. I'm sure nothing you said in that post was remotely offensive at all to Christians or Spaniards. You're clearly not biased at all and obviously you view things from both sides without stereotyping or prejudice at all. Someone should kick you off the forum.

Rugterwyper32
04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
AC Comet=This, it's the only way it will be able to sell. The Great Ezio Auditore Da Firenze is sent on a space mission to stop a Comet from hitting Claudia and Leonardo, he does it and a minute was all he needed.

Just wait, you haven't seen the best of it. Turns Ezio is actually a Saiyan and Cesare was revived and given incredible amounts of power using the Dragon Balls, so the game will end up in a fight in space, Super Ezio vs. Cesare going around the sun.

D.I.D.
04-20-2014, 11:41 PM
The Moors were featured in AC Discovery if I remember correctly it's near their fall and they control one city.

"Order and decline from TWO VIEWPOINTS". You clearly only consider one viewpoint. I'm sure nothing you said in that post was remotely offensive at all to Christians or Spaniards. You're clearly not biased at all and obviously you view things from both sides without stereotyping or prejudice at all. Someone should kick you off the forum.

I never played Discovery. Did not know the storyline. Thanks for that clarification. (I was thinking of something further reaching across 700 years though. Even the part we'd call the fall took over 200 years to run its course. By the time period used for Ezio's story, the Moors had not been in control of the country for a very long time, with only Grenada remaining.)

However, I do know about Spanish history, and everything I said was factually correct. What did I say that was offensive or required an alternative point of view? There is absolutely no question whatsoever that when the Moors invaded, they took control of a European society that was in ruins by any metric: economically, socially, militarily, artistically, technologically. The peninsula's incumbent ruling class was unconcerned about the welfare of the people to the point that it became a security issue, and they paid for it. You cannot imagine how thrilled I am to encounter someone willing to get upset on behalf of the Visigoths. Personally, I couldn't give a toss about offending the Visigoths, nor do I give a monkey's if Christians today think I'm supporting Team Muslim against Team Christian. That's not the case, and it's a ridiculous assertion anyway. Any people that engage in such competitive grievance are offending themselves, and they do not understand nor deserve respect.

There is little lasting influence of the Visigoths in Spanish culture precisely because they contributed so little. By contrast, Islamic influence is still everywhere in the things that are deemed Spanish, even in the sound of Spanish folk music. The country was utterly transformed by the Moors, in ways that will extend into Spain's future for a long time to come. I did not say the everything that Islamic governments did through those centuries was good and great. Some of it wasn't. I shouldn't need to qualify that though, since if I talked about the "greatness" of a period of rule centuries ago in my own country, which has seen only white Christian royalty, nobody would expect me to be equivocal about that (even though, arguably, England has never seen a "good" royal house).

Put this in a game, and those two viewpoints would become a really interesting story. And there would be two viewpoints, since there'd be the people who considered themselves the indigenous population and the people they considered to be the invaders. You'd get to see one culture lose control at the start, and another at the end. And really, there'd be many more than two basic viewpoints as the generations changed, as the invaders became the indigenous people, and as the Christian military forces that continued to wrestle back control incorporated "invaders" too.

http://youtu.be/YfhZR15QRKA

http://youtu.be/AzRvfSQrcL0

http://youtu.be/J1btMSGeZfA

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 01:27 AM
However, I do know about Spanish history, and everything I said was factually correct. What did I say that was offensive or required an alternative point of view? There is absolutely no question whatsoever that when the Moors invaded, they took control of a European society that was in ruins by any metric: economically, socially, militarily, artistically, technologically. The peninsula's incumbent ruling class was unconcerned about the welfare of the people to the point that it became a security issue, and they paid for it. You cannot imagine how thrilled I am to encounter someone willing to get upset on behalf of the Visigoths. Personally, I couldn't give a toss about offending the Visigoths, nor do I give a monkey's if Christians today think I'm supporting Team Muslim against Team Christian. That's not the case, and it's a ridiculous assertion anyway. Any people that engage in such competitive grievance are offending themselves, and they do not understand nor deserve respect.

What you quoted in the previous post was not worded as fact what you said was "the civilizing of the rather hopeless Christian population by the invading Moors" No mention specifying Visigoth barbarians or any of that sort, simply the umbrella term of Christian which is fairly ignorant considering there are several examples of backward areas of Islamic Culture(like rural Afghanistan for example) one group does not allow for ignorance toward the whole of a culture or religious group. Visigoth failures do not mean hopeless uncivilized Christians just as radical terrorists do not mean hopeless uncivilized Muslims.

"the stabilizing energy of Islamic Iberian Culture" Really as if no other culture can stabilize anything? Because I believe the same kings and queens that chased the moors out of the Iberian peninsula took Spain from a coalition of small kingdoms to the largest power on earth for the next 200 years or so, controlling an Empire that spanned the globe and brought their culture with them to a majority of the globe.(their culture was influenced by the Moors but more on this next)

"through to the attrition and eventual destruction of the Moorish authority by the same uncultured forces that previously ruled" Ok this was the statement I really found the most offensive. First off you use the terms attrition and destruction as if the Spaniard's were the hostiles here. Because the way I see things the Moors were the ones who came from a foreign land, invaded a large area, and occupied it for centuries against the will of the people living there. This is the point where it became severely clear you were not truly talking about a two sided view of the situation because you use such negative terms in reference to the Castilians, and other Spaniards but refer to the Moors as if they are purely the victims here, whereas an objective analysis would not refer to either as negative or positive. And "uncultured forces" You literally defeat the argument you just made about the contributions of the Moors to Spanish Culture by saying the Spanish are Uncultured if that were the case than all of the influences they took from Islam would not be valid, and therefore since the things they borrowed aren't culture then the Moors must not have had culture either. Not only is it counter productive to your argument, but using the word "uncultured" is both a horrific oversimplification and prejudice toward the Spanish, and also an insult to the modern Spanish culture that resulted from the very same regime of "uncultured forces" that would spread influence and language around the world, and influence the cultures of many other people.

Now that all said I agree with you there is MASSIVE contributions to Spain, and the entirety of the Western world for that matter from Islamic culture(hell the Renaissance never would have happened without seeing the advancements of Islamic culture during the Crusades and bringing these back to Europe). They undoubtedly did a far better job ruling than the Visigoths and did in fact leave a lasting imprint on Spanish culture and the landscape itself. I wasn't disagreeing with what you were saying because these things are factually true it was your wording and attitude that I took issue with. Perhaps you should think more about what your saying before you write it down because you may not even have noticed how condescending you sounded but I found it rather offensive the way you had it written even if you did not mean for it to be that way.

You cannot make the claim that you support a Two Sided View of a situation while at the same time in the same paragraph you are holding up one with your rhetoric as if it is the greatest gift to the world, and referencing the other as if they are "uncultured", "hopeless" , uncivilized, aggressive, rabble. It defeats the very suggestion you are trying to make, and clearly demonstrates that you are not even bothering to attempt to view the same in the shoes of the other party involved.

Also I did not require a barrage of videos about Islam and its contributions, I am already well aware and know much about world history, nor did I need a lecture accusing me of holding the Visigoths as a shining example of humanity, or that I'm some kind of uber Christian taking offense to the slightest criticism. That is just another example of your condescending attitude assuming you know more than others(once again not taking a look from another angle). You just can't praise one culture, and then make sneaky snide remarks about another, then claim you want to View Both Sides. That other side may view things in a dramatically different way from the way you are. You should just have respect for both sides and recognize both of their accomplishments, rather than wording things as if everything is so black and white as Moors=Good Spanish=Uncultured Helpless drain on Iberian society. That's ignorant.

I apologize if you didn't mean anything that way, but that was the vibe I was getting from that first post. I agree with the basic premise you were trying to elaborate, but not in quite the same absolutes and oversimplifications you were describing it with(which were rather insulting and extreme). It made you sound very ignorant. N I apologize for the length of this post but as you said you didn't see how anything you said was offensive or required an alternate point of view so I needed to elaborate on exactly why that was the case. And with that we have gotten Incredibly off topic and thus need to let this go. Now lets get things back on track please.

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Well a very large majority clearly want to see this segment brought to 3D in some way as a full game, but how do we feel about doing the same with all of the spinoff games?

ACBloodlines
ACAlair's Chrinicles
Discovery
(we already got this for liberation)
Idk if AC Pirates deserves the same treatment or not I haven't played it.

But what do we think? We got this treatment with AC Liberation so why not all of the smaller games? Thoughts?

Locopells
04-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Hell yeah! to all of that, except Pirates (for AC that is, it would make a fine standalone).

Shahkulu101
04-21-2014, 12:23 PM
The people have spoke, it is now out of the question. If this is not made, I will consider it a personal grudge held against Ezio by ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
04-21-2014, 12:32 PM
The people have spoke, it is now out of the question. If this is not made, I will consider it a personal grudge held against Ezio by ubisoft.

lol - dramatic much?

28 people - want the game, so that's a good start I suppose.

Suggestions are just that, however they are aware of the thread, so maybe in a few years, who knows!

Shahkulu101
04-21-2014, 12:38 PM
lol - dramatic much?

Suggestions are just that, however they are aware of the thread, so maybe in a few years, who knows!

All tongue-in-cheek, Shade. Although I do genuinely think this would be awesome and that they should totally do it.

Quick, someone spam a dev on twitter! I already linked Jade to the photo mode thread - in which she replied and said she'll look into it (yes, I'm glorious I know) - so I've annoyed them enough.

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 12:45 PM

42 people technically if you count the sure why not people lol

N I would be perfectly fine waiting a few years for that. It'd be worth it.

But ideally I'd love to see a revamped AC1 for next gen consoles with(a much less cartoony) version of the events of Altaïrs Chronicles as prelude sequences(instead of the aweful forced AC1 tutorial and the glitchy first attempt at accessing the memories) it just made for a painfully long cutscene and boring tutorial you can't skip. Chronicles would be perfect to add to AC1 anyway since it gives some back story and it uses mostly the same cities.

And definitely would love to see Bloodlines get the HD console treatment like Liberation did(with redone voices I hope they were terrible in that game) lol

It just seems odd that Altaïr who is arguably the most important Assassin of the series only has one full game to himself and the rest of his story was relegated to handheld spin offs and a few missions in Revelelations. It'd just be nice to see his games given a good version for consoles. Since many people don't even know about or haven't even played these games it would be a good way to get these stories better known(and better received than last since the handheld versions were done rather poorly IMO)

The same goes for Ezio's spin off Discovery. It fills in the blanks and a handful of references in Later games like ACR

ze_topazio
04-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Important Ubisoft people are aware of a thread created by me?

http://oi59.tinypic.com/zkjsrq.jpg

Well a very large majority clearly want to see this segment brought to 3D in some way as a full game, but how do we feel about doing the same with all of the spinoff games?

ACBloodlines
ACAlair's Chrinicles
Discovery
(we already got this for liberation)
Idk if AC Pirates deserves the same treatment or not I haven't played it.

But what do we think? We got this treatment with AC Liberation so why not all of the smaller games? Thoughts?

I would support that, when Sony announced the tech to convert PSP games to the PS3, Bloodlines was one of the first games that came to my mind.

GunnerGalactico
04-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Spain???????????

Just no..........

^ This :p .

I'd like them to create another protagonist... preferably spanish

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 01:08 PM
I would support that, when Sony announced the tech to convert PSP games to the PS3, Bloodlines was one of the first games that came to my mind.

Exactly. Only I'd really hope they would make it available for all consoles like Liberation cuz I use an Xbox and would be extremely disappointed if I missed out

Shahkulu101
04-21-2014, 01:11 PM

Do not forget who conceived the idea, and who promoted you to create the thread. I want 50% of all profit revenue. You can get 40% and the remaining 10% can go to ubisoft.

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 01:13 PM
^ This :p .

Well it wouldn't be another full length game with Ezio again it would probably be done as a downloadable game like Liberation or as a standalone DLC like Freedom Cry. So Ezio wouldn't just eat up another one of the yearly releases. This would just be an extra thing since the plotline already exists. N they could stretch out developing HD versions of spin off games like this for several years releasing them once and a while. Maybe start with the Altaïr ones first since people seem very Ezio'd out at the moment, and by the time they get to Discovery you will be missing Ezio by then and it'd be a welcome nostalgic change of pace from whatever the main game time period would be by then

GunnerGalactico
04-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Well it wouldn't be another full length game with Ezio again it would probably be done as a downloadable game like Liberation or as a standalone DLC like Freedom Cry. So Ezio wouldn't just eat up another one of the yearly releases. This would just be an extra thing since the plotline already exists. N they could stretch out developing HD versions of spin off games like this for several years releasing them once and a while. Maybe start with the Altaïr ones first since people seem very Ezio'd out at the moment, and by the time they get to Discovery you will be missing Ezio by then and it'd be a welcome nostalgic change of pace from whatever the main game time period would be by then

Well, since you put it that way.. I'm fine with that. :)

Shahkulu101
04-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Well, since you put it that way.. I'm fine with that. :)

Then vote yes! :)

Mr_Shade
04-21-2014, 01:31 PM

We always highlight threads as needed ;)

ze_topazio
04-21-2014, 03:08 PM
^ :o

I don't think something like this would be easily made, we are talking about a game that includes 3 fancy cities around the size of Firenze, but one can always dream.

Do not forget who conceived the idea, and who promoted you to create the thread. I want 50% of all profit revenue. You can get 40% and the remaining 10% can go to ubisoft.

Since i went trough the trouble of creating the thread i should be the one getting the 50%. :cool:

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 03:40 PM
^ :o

I don't think something like this would be easily made, we are talking about a game that includes 3 fancy cities around the size of Firenze, but one can always dream.

I don't think any of it could be easily made. That's why I wouldn't mind letting them do this kind of thing for several years.

But also I think it's incredibly wishful thinking to expect 3 fancy cities the size of Florence. They're never going to waste another main title on Ezio. So you would be far more likely to get cities more in the ballpark of New Orleans or Port au Prince(including plantations) fairly small-ish cities. The story is already out there I highly doubt they would go too far out of the way on a side project like this. I would expect smaller scale cities, perhaps reused building styles and other assets from AC2 and ACB. I wouldn't get my hopes up for 3 Florence like cities. It would just be a waste of resources to spend far to much time on detailing the cities like a main game for a story that they already have out there. I mean they haven't even said they are going to do it. If people expect too much and it becomes too complicated they probably won't even bother with it. I'm sure they have more important things to do than work on a side project that people will hype themselves up too much for and then get angry because if unrealistic expectations they had aren't fulfilled. So let's keep things realistic here and not demand too much.

Soulid_Snake
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Definately, a Yes, but 99.9% chance of it not happening. Lol, I didn't even know AC2: Discovery existed until I saw this thread.

Locopells
04-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Since i went trough the trouble of creating the thread i should be the one getting the 50%. :cool:

Well since that now makes three of you, which doesn't divide easy, you can all take 10% and I'll take 70% for doing the maths...;)

DumbGamerTag94
04-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Definately, a Yes, but 99.9% chance of it not happening. Lol, I didn't even know AC2: Discovery existed until I saw this thread.

That is exactly why they should do this! People are missing out on big chunks of story in Discovery, Bloodlines and other games, many don't know they even exist! Ubi would get their money's worth out of them, people would fill in the gaps in the story and everyone is happy. Far more people will play a Console game over handheld, or books, or whatever else they use these days.

Unfortunately plot holes and scattered stories with obscure plot points hidden in spin offs and strange forms of media seems to be Ubi's M.O. these days. Instead of leaving protagonist's stories in games we get what isn't explained put in crappy novels that nobody will read(statistically speaking a very small fringe of the overall population of AC players actually read those things), or in a comic nobody reads either, or on Initiates where only the hard core fans get the info, or a crappy cell phone game holds plot points, or even multiplayer where you have to put in hours on hours of gameplay just to get a little bit of info about the MD story and so on and so forth. Its a mess. They are taking the important stuff they don't include in game(because they rush development to put out one game a year for $$$$) and putting it in dead forms of media and obscure places.

Next we'll find out that there's a Conner sequel movie only available by VHS tape or audiobook. Or if you're really lucky you may get a Shao Jun game only available in 8bit for players who may have an Atari laying around. Or instead of MD in Unity you have info Last Archive style, but only available in audio, so you have to buy the ACUnity Vinyl Record to advance the Modern Day story and get access to important MD revelations, only after using the phrases on the Record with an Assassin's Creed Secret Decoder Ring to understand it of course, which itself is only available in new AC Cereal boxes(which also have plot points hidden in games on the back of the box that you need to collect all the puzzles to understand) and so on and so forth it will be eventually. Of course I'm exaggerating a bit but its getting ridiculous.:rolleyes::mad:

If they are going to use multiple forms of media they should have separate story lines in each format so that nobody gets left behind when it comes to the goings on in the games themselves, And any plot points relating to protagonists should be shown in GAMES in my opinion, other unrelated stories and such can be in alternate media for all I care, but as things are it is becoming increasingly confusing, and more ridiculous every year as they add more of the story in random places, and more people will probably start to jump ship, out of confusion, and just forget about people jumping on board without playing the other games or knowing all the random stuff hidden everywhere, they will have NOOOO IDEA whats going on lol

cawatrooper9
04-24-2014, 05:18 AM
I'd buy it, but only on the condition that the original gameplay be scrapped and it be formatted like an actual AC game, as opposed to a 2D sidescroller.

Farlander1991
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
People are missing out on big chunks of story in Discovery

Because 'life story' always equals to 'story'? That's like saying that Luke's story in the Star Wars movies wasn't complete and people are missing out and it has got a lots of plotholes and scattered stories because you can't have a complete story for Luke without reading all the novels, comics, and playing all the games with his participation.

Discovery doesn't add anything to Ezio's AC2 story. It doesn't have relevance neither to his character arc nor to the plot of the game. Heck, a few minutes into the game Ezio pretty much literally says 'I'm going to abandon the main plot of my main game to go on this side quest because I'm an Assassin now' (and Ezio's change of ways from 'revenge' to 'responsibility' after becoming an Assassin is looked at in AC2 anyway, i.e. at least Bonfire of the Vanities sequence, so again, Discovery wouldn't add anything to that). It's fine being a piece of extra material, for those who want to play on a handheld or want to know more about Ezio's life in general, but it doesn't NEED to be a part of any main series.

DumbGamerTag94
04-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Because 'life story' always equals to 'story'?
No I didn't say that. It wasn't me who decided they would cover Ezio literally from diapers to death that's just what they gave us. I also did not apply this specifically to Discovery I also listed Bloodlines and Altair's chronicles as well because they add the overall story of the characters. As you yourself pointed out there is a change of ways from revenge to responiblility, while this does occur to an extent as the plot of AC2 it is an overarching theme of the entire Ezio trilogy and we see him become far wiser and responsible as time goes on with each game.

Every game stands alone you can play any AC game without playing the others and get a full story arc(which is why I hate people arguing about completed story arcs with Connor and others) because you simply cannot have a full game that doesn't finish one story that would just be the same game chopped up into several parts. To use your star wars example Episode 4 has the complete story arc of Luke having to rescue princess Lea, becoming a Jedi under Obi Wan, the mentor Obi Wan dies, Luke takes up responsibility and takes down the Death Star. That plot in itself could have ended the series right there. It was a completed story arc, just because there was unanswered questions, and a door open for a sequel didn't mean there had to be. All movies, games, books, even if there is sequels have complete story arcs, otherwise there is no plot.

Discovery doesn't add anything to Ezio's AC2 story. It doesn't have relevance neither to his character arc nor to the plot of the game. Heck, a few minutes into the game Ezio pretty much literally says 'I'm going to abandon the main plot of my main game to go on this side quest because I'm an Assassin now' (and Ezio's change of ways from 'revenge' to 'responsibility' after becoming an Assassin is looked at in AC2 anyway, i.e. at least Bonfire of the Vanities sequence, so again, Discovery wouldn't add anything to that). It's fine being a piece of extra material, for those who want to play on a handheld or want to know more about Ezio's life in general, but it doesn't NEED to be a part of any main series.

Firstly there is very little responsibility ezio learns in AC2. Bonfire of the Vanities was DLC so not part of the self contained game, so the only real "responsible" thing/moment Ezio has is when he spares Rodrigo, which we learn in ACB wasn't really all that "responsible" anyway and was more naïve than anything. Bonfire at least shows us he has become more merciful, and tries to convince the people to only follow themselves, not foolish leaders, but this too was not in the main game just like discovery so it doesn't really count and rather hurts your argument.

Also I never said it NEEDS to be a MAIN part of the series. I simply said they should make AC Discovery, ACBloodlines, and Altair's Chronicles either in HD versions like Liberation, or Standalone DLC like Freedom Cry. Neither of those were MAIN parts of the series just as TOKW wasn't either. But since these games are cannon they should be done right IMO and made available on consoles like Liberation was because it is far nicer to play, fills some gaps(Ezio just sleeps for a few years or something? Altair did nothing before AC1? He didn't pursue the Templars after the events of AC1 yet becomes the assassin's leader?, Why the F*** is he Married to the British templar girl from AC1 in ACR, cuz she didn't seem fond of him at all?) these kinds of things are irritating questions that can be easily answered with games that have been made, the problem is they were handheld games and were rather poorly made, making them better and available for download would give players more insight and Ubi more money.

Discovery could even be a DLC campaign for a Next Gen version of AC2 like Freedom Cry was, Bloodlines and Altairs Chronicles could be added to an upadated AC1 in the same way. Chronicles is fairly short and uses some of the same cities as AC1 so it could just be included as a prologue instead of the horrible tutorial at the beginning of AC1 that can't be skipped, and Bloodlines could be a DLC campaign, or standalone download like Liberation.

I never said they should waste a yearly release title for the main games on Discovery, Bloodlines, or Chronicles, I would just like them as DLC campaigns or Standalones done in 3D(Bloodlines already is 3D just needs to be polished). Why would I advocate wasting a precious yearly release title on a protagonist that we already have had, and a plot that already exists on handhelds? That would be stupid. I only advocated it be something extra either added to existing games, or available for purchase as Standalone. Not a main title and they can take their time releasing them.

And they are already cannon to the main series so its not adding anything extra, its just making existing things better and more accessible to the average player.

ze_topazio
05-01-2014, 01:21 AM
And when I thought my pathetic existence couldn't get even more depressing, I managed to find time in my empty life to make a fake cover.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/155kocm.jpg

LoyalACFan
05-01-2014, 02:00 AM
And when I thought my pathetic existence couldn't get even more depressing, I managed to find time in my empty life to make a fake cover.

You should leak it to reddit with an AC Comet tag.

ze_topazio
05-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't have an account there, you can do it if you want.

lothario-da-be
05-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Post this on FB, and everyone will lose their mind. People even believed the Desmond game 1st of April joke...

Barlog06
07-11-2014, 12:01 AM
This is great idea! I would sertanly buy Discovery HD, Bloodlines HD and Altair's Chroncles HD :)

Shahkulu101
07-11-2014, 12:02 AM
This better be Comet. :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
07-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Is bound to be announced soon.

JustPlainQuirky
07-11-2014, 12:38 AM
This is great idea! I would sertanly buy Discovery HD, Bloodlines HD and Altair's Chroncles HD :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

HD collection of these 3 games with full mo-cap

roostersrule2
07-12-2014, 04:13 AM
This will be the game all other games are compared too.

The game people talk about when their life is on the line.

The game you dream about before you wake up and realise you're still dreaming.

The game that is so emotional you cry at the opening credits.

The game that defines not only yourself but those around you.

The game that makes you eat cornflakes when you wanted froot loops.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Assassin's Creed® Legacy Collection

Adapts content and storylines from the following games into one, with all the quality we expect from current Assassin's Creed games, into one seamless experience:
Assassin's Creed (2007)
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles (2008)
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (2009)
Assassin's Creed II (2009)
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (2009)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011)
Assassin's Creed III (2012)
Experience the journey of Desmond Miles like never before, explore the dreary cities of the Crusades, the beautiful cities of the Italian Renaissance, and the colonial upstarts of the American Revolution as you fight against the Templars. Contains brand new missions, edited cut-scenes, and seamless transitions between the stories of each game, resulting in hundreds of hours of gameplay with deep backstory and lore, to be released on November 21st, 2017.

We are also pleased to announce that Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD will be released on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on July 4th, 2017.

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Assassin's Creed® Legacy Collection

Adapts content and storylines from the following games into one, with all the quality we expect from current Assassin's Creed games, into one seamless experience:
Assassin's Creed (2007)
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles (2008)
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (2009)
Assassin's Creed II (2009)
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery (2009)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011)
Assassin's Creed III (2012)
Experience the journey of Desmond Miles like never before, explore the dreary cities of the Crusades, the beautiful cities of the Italian Renaissance, and the colonial upstarts of the American Revolution as you fight against the Templars. Contains brand new missions, edited cut-scenes, and seamless transitions between the stories of each game, resulting in hundreds of hours of gameplay with deep backstory and lore, to be released on November 21st, 2017.

We are also pleased to announce that Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD will be released on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on July 4th, 2017.

Is that for real or just wishful thinking? lol

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 10:50 PM
it's totally real

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 11:13 PM
it's totally real

Righttttttt....... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Nah man it's real.

Trust me.

His dad works at Nintendo.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 11:43 PM
nah man my father works at EA

Locopells
07-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm sure you could work Liberation into it somewhere, Jexx!

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 02:07 AM
mmmmm nope

at first I was thinking of including Black Flag and Liberation but I couldn't put them in because Desmond wasn't the one using the Animus in those. It's sort of iffy for Altair's Chronicles as well, and tbh I'm not even sure if Altair's Chronicles is entirely canon, but I do know that Bloodlines was supposed to be something Desmond played.

If they do ever do anything like my proposed AC: Legacy Collection I hope that they would give the story cutscenes some good reworks.

Locopells
07-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah, thinking about it, I supposed not - even encountering her through Connor, why go off on a tangent when the world's about to end.

I suppose you'll have to make a "Desmond's Legacy" collection, and make the Abstergo Entertainment who approves production on Liberation the same one as in Black Flag...

ze_topazio
07-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Discovery is love, Discovery is life.

Megas_Doux
07-14-2014, 06:36 PM
AC set in Spain??????????????????
YES!!!!

Ezio again????
HELL NO!!!!!!!

MasterAssasin84
07-14-2014, 06:50 PM
A fantastic proposal if I say so myself, a fourth Ezio game will reinvigorate the franchise and give it the shake-up it needs. Everyone cast your vote!

I was very fond of the Assassins Creed series exploring the Renaissance but these memories should have ideally been included when AC2 was released or failing that DLC !

No point carving Ezio's story between home consoles and handhelds other than Personal gain for those Templars at Ubisoft ;) but an Assassins Creed in Spain does get my approval

Kakuzu745
07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
I think this is a fantastic proposal, I am on board!

Shahkulu101
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Everyone should be flocking in here in their thousands to vote yes, I am disappoint.

If only there was some way to broadcast this more publicly...

RinoTheBouncer
07-22-2014, 04:01 PM
I’d be more than happy to have this remake. To me, anything Ezio-related is epic. Just make sure you don’t bring a new voice actor. I’m sure they can tell any story about Altair, Ezio, Connor or any other character if they want to. They can find the excuse and make it happen just like how they found an excuse and made The Tyranny of King Washington.

saschia_009
07-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Voting yes, because I just want to play every game and I am not willing to buy any consoles (not for a single game anyway). So I'd also vote for Bloodlines (hello, Ubisoft, hope you're reading this :))

And while they are at it, they could make one more Connor game ;).

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 07:38 AM
And their inevitable game remakes of Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines HD and Assassin's Creed: Discovery (for consoles!)

no but seriously, I would be all over those games.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 07:41 AM
You forgot a remake of Altair's Chronicles :p

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 07:43 AM
despite what others say, I don't think Altair's Chronicles is canon, at least not anymore.

Aphex_Tim
08-20-2014, 07:44 AM
I read Pants at first. This could be an interesting discussion!

Namikaze_17
08-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Who would VA Altair for Bloodlines!?

I can't choose! But I'd like both...

And Discovery? I never heard of it...

But I'd it anyway because of Ezio I guess.

JustPlainQuirky
08-20-2014, 07:46 AM
why is altair's chronicles not canon?

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 08:01 AM
I think that was the one with banshees and witches or something. Iunno.

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Altair's Chronicles has things that don't make sense in regards to the lore, and also, apparently there was a woman who was a piece of eden? I dunno, unless they expound on that in the future, it seems non canon to me.

jasonnefs
08-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Assassin's Creed Altaïr's Chronicles is canon because one of the Rafiks asks for Adha. Also Altaïr mentioned her in his codex. Sounds very canon to me.

aL_____eX
08-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Altair's Chronicles has things that don't make sense in regards to the lore, and also, apparently there was a woman who was a piece of eden? I dunno, unless they expound on that in the future, it seems non canon to me.
Why would Ubisoft give a PoE to a woman? :eek: I always thought they were sexist racists :rolleyes:

As you said, I don't think it would make sense to to remake Altair's Chronicles, but getting Discovery and Bloodlines on console would be awesome. About Ezio's and ALtair's pasts in general: I definitely believe those two will be mentioned throughout many future ACs, just because they were the two big Mentors the order had and whose stories we know in detail. Let's see what things related to Altair and Ezio we will find in Paris.

HDinHB
08-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Then we need to include Arno, since he can actually change his pants, and Aveline, who can change out of her pants completely.

[COLOR="#D3D3D3"] Let's see what things related to Altair and Ezio we will find in Paris.

We better find Altaïr's sword.

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Well we should discuss Atair's paint because his robe was too long we never saw them!

wvstolzing
08-20-2014, 10:22 AM
'HD' wouldn't cut it for a new Bloodlines, though, since it's way more primitive compared to Liberation.

There really isn't much 'Cyprus' in Bloodlines; the environment is mostly a maze constructed out of box-like buildings. So if there ever is a remake, there'd need to be a completely redone Limassol and Kyrenia.

Hans684
08-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Better than remaking the main games, this idea can turn unsuccessful games to better and more successful, especially with current gen.

Aphex_Tim
08-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Well we should discuss Atair's paint because his robe was too long we never saw them!

And that raises the question: Did he even wear pants at all?

GunnerGalactico
08-20-2014, 11:50 AM
And that raises the question: Did he even wear pants at all?

I think he did

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Altair wore leggings :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
08-20-2014, 12:11 PM

You looked up his tunic? :p

jeordievera
08-20-2014, 12:25 PM
It was very windy that day :rolleyes:

Kakuzu745
08-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Here is a question just to clarify...do people want to support the whole discovery remake exactly like the first game? (Sideview and everything) or do you want a remake somehow reminiscent of what we saw in Liberation (an actual AC game).?

Daredevil_Diver
08-20-2014, 04:36 PM
psst, im not really 12…

But seriously, Ezio was an awesome character, however, we've seen plenty of him. Any un-tread territory or insufficiently tread ground, need not be retread. I'm optimistic about Arno. I feel like he has what it takes to be as compelling as any of his predecessors if not more so.

That's an assassins creed discovery right there.

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2014, 04:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

ze_topazio
08-20-2014, 05:02 PM

Imagine the Assassin twerking.

Here is a question just to clarify...do people want to support the whole discovery remake exactly like the first game? (Sideview and everything) or do you want a remake somehow reminiscent of what we saw in Liberation (an actual AC game).?

3D of course, what would be the point of remaking the game in 2D again and again alienate most people.

psst, im not really 12…

But seriously, Ezio was an awesome character, however, we've seen plenty of him. Any un-tread territory or insufficiently tread ground, need not be retread. I'm optimistic about Arno. I feel like he has what it takes to be as compelling as any of his predecessors if not more so.

Nobody complains about the 128 James Bond movies or the 7 Splinter Cell games starring Sam Fisher in all of them, etc..., I'm not saying they should make more games with Ezio but what would be the problem if they did anyway? nobody complained about Desmond being the main character of 5 games... oh, wait... most people did, actually...

CSKarasu
08-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Seriously? Another Ezio game? I like Ezio as well but his time is done.

No offence but this is the problem with game audiences and games, people always want familiarity. What if you found the next assassin to be even more amazing than Ezio? You won't get the chance if they start remaking games.

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I want a Discovery remake with the darbs writing it.

Shahkulu101
08-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Darby wrote it in the first place, he told me when I linked him this thread on twitter.

ze_topazio
08-20-2014, 06:04 PM
I believe it's in the game credits, it was no secret.

Jexx21
08-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Darby wrote it in the first place, he told me when I linked him this thread on twitter.

I know, but the game would probably have to be rewritten, and you would want the original writer to do that.

Kakuzu745
08-20-2014, 07:30 PM
3D of course, what would be the point of remaking the game in 2D again and again alienate most people.

Fantastic...just wanted to be sure we all are on the same page :D

I really do no think Ezio being the main character is that much of a big deal...yes he was the main character in three games but a remake for Discovery could be the secondary project of the year. For example, next year we get whatever guy being the main character and the remake of Discovery.

Besides, to be realistic putting Ezio in a videogame means you will get good sales results...whether you like the guy or not that will probably happen.

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 08:46 PM
So, I want to add something to this topic. Being this era the one where sailing is a big thing because of trading, the impending "discovery" and etc...wouldn't you add to the game the "beloved" sail mechanics. By this I mean...Ubi remake the game with the AC4 engine and charge a little less...I can guarantee you will get quite the profit :D

ze_topazio
09-19-2014, 08:53 PM
It always brings tears to my eyes seeing this thread being regularly bumped.

Sailing Naus and Caravels could be interesting.

Shahkulu101
09-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Sadly Darby shot down the possibility of this ever happening.

Lest we forget.

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 08:55 PM
It always brings tears to my eyes seeing this thread being regularly bumped.

Sailing Naus and Caravels could be interesting.

Because it really has to happen!! :D

Megas_Doux
09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Hell yes!!!!!

But without Ezio.

ze_topazio
09-19-2014, 09:00 PM

Lest we forget.

Prepare your hidden blades and kilt, we strike tonight.

Shahkulu101
09-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Onward to Montreal, where we will stage a revolution at the Ubi Montreal headquarters!

Hans684
09-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Onward to Montreal, where we will stage a revolution at the Ubi Montreal headquarters!

I've heard they have cake.

Kakuzu745
09-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Kilt and hidden blades is a kickass combination...why dont we have one of these as a main character again?

ze_topazio
09-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey Ubisoft at least remake the game in that Chronicles game style.

Nah, I'm joking, 3D or nothing.

hood3dassassin5
09-22-2014, 09:43 PM
"Give me Ezio or give me death!"

Kakuzu745
09-22-2014, 11:07 PM

Lest we forget.

Did he? When? I missed that :(

Shahkulu101
09-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Did he? When? I missed that :(

On twitterz innit blood

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 08:49 PM
On twitterz innit blood

Aw, that is sad :(

So I guess that makes the thread pointless now? :(

Shahkulu101
09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Aw, that is sad :(

So I guess that makes the thread pointless now? :(

Well it was just his opinion, he doesn't run things at Ubisoft. The goal of this thread still stands!

Kakuzu745
09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Well it was just his opinion, he doesn't run things at Ubisoft. The goal of this thread still stands!

Oooh it was an opinion, thought it was a fact hehe...good, then lets keep it up!

HiddenKiller612
09-23-2014, 09:21 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if they made it into a 2.5 d version and ported it to ps3/ps4/360/Xbone/PC... I'd buy it and play it.

ze_topazio
12-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Still the best idea ever.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/op23c5.jpg

Shahkulu101
12-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Our hope will never die.

ze_topazio
04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Would we be okay with a "Chronicles" style remake for this?

ACZanius
04-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Crazy isn't it? How there are so much stories to tell but so few decisions, you could LITERALLY make a whole new game about Adewale or Achilles, John De La Tour, Ah Tabai, more Shay, Connor, Arno EVEN ALTAIR it's insane how much there still is, and holy crap what Ezio was in spain for like 3 years, MIND=BLOWN right there whole another game with perhaps 9 sequences just seriously fascinated by how so much there still is. :)

PS: Also WHOLE ANOTHER GAME ABOUT Edward, when he was in London, there's whole another story where he was Master Assassin to be told. If you remember Loomer's interview with Darby he said it himself he WANTED and WOULD do that but just not possible. Like i said so many stories to tell so few decisions.

Shahkulu101
04-14-2015, 01:53 PM

It would basically be a Discovery remaster, which would be fine by me since I never played it.

The thread has been renewed once again!

ze_topazio
04-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Crazy isn't it? How there are so much stories to tell but so few decisions, you could LITERALLY make a whole new game about Adewale or Achilles, John De La Tour, Ah Tabai, more Shay, Connor, Arno EVEN ALTAIR it's insane how much there still is, and holy crap what Ezio was in spain for like 3 years, MIND=BLOWN right there whole another game with perhaps 9 sequences just seriously fascinated by how so much there still is. :)

PS: Also WHOLE ANOTHER GAME ABOUT Edward, when he was in London, there's whole another story where he was Master Assassin to be told. If you remember Loomer's interview with Darby he said it himself he WANTED and WOULD do that but just not possible. Like i said so many stories to tell so few decisions.

That's what this Chronicles games are for, instead of an expensive 3D games, they can make this cheaper 2.5D games to tell Edward's adventures in London before Haytham's birth, or Eseosa adventures in Haiti before meeting Connor, or Giovanni's swag all over Firenze, or Domenico Auditore escapades in Venice, etc...

It would basically be a Discovery remaster, which would be fine by me since I never played it.

The thread has been renewed once again!

I have been thinking hard for months on how to bring this thread back without randomly bumping it for no reason. :p

HiddenKiller612
04-15-2015, 01:37 AM
This would actually be brilliant, Ubi has already opened the door with Chronicles...

Defalt221
04-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Lol it's actually winning.

Yeah. Ubisoft needs to see this.

Shahkulu101
04-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Jesus has it really been a year since this thread was made.

Man slow down, time. You're freaking me out.

ze_topazio
04-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Just wait, you haven't seen the best of it. Turns Ezio is actually a Saiyan and Cesare was revived and given incredible amounts of power using the Dragon Balls, so the game will end up in a fight in space, Super Ezio vs. Cesare going around the sun.

It's like Toriyama read your post and used it as inspiration for the plot of the new Dragon Ball movie.

I miss Rugterwyper32, I wonder what he's up to.

Jesus has it really been a year since this thread was made.

Man slow down, time. You're freaking me out.

A glorious year.

ze_topazio
09-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Since the movie takes place in this period and location and there's hints of maybe Ezio having a cameo, I think it makes sense to resurrect this thread, they could re-release, remaster or remake (3D or Chronicles style) this game in order to tie-in with the movie.

Rugterwyper32
09-04-2015, 12:55 AM
It's like Toriyama read your post and used it as inspiration for the plot of the new Dragon Ball movie.

I miss Rugterwyper32, I wonder what he's up to.

As it turns out, I am Toriyama and none of us were aware of it, not even I

Good time to bring this topic back up though. That'd be neat if they did that.

Shahkulu101
09-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Since the movie takes place in this period and location and there's hints of maybe Ezio having a cameo, I think it makes sense to resurrect this thread, they could re-release, remaster or remake (3D or Chronicles style) this game in order to tie-in with the movie.

An utterly flawless, perfect, impeccable idea - Ubisoft are surely now obligated to remake Ezio's adventures in Spain.

P.S I was going through the early pages, and was hit by a wave of forum nostalgia.

ze_topazio
09-04-2015, 01:16 AM
As it turns out, I am Toriyama and none of us were aware of it, not even I

Good time to bring this topic back up though. That'd be neat if they did that.

Plot twist. :eek:

An utterly flawless, perfect, impeccable idea - Ubisoft are surely now obligated to remake Ezio's adventures in Spain.

P.S I going through the early pages, and was hit by a wave of forum nostalgia.

Time really flies by.

A prophecy was made on that day.

Senningiri_GR
09-04-2015, 08:31 AM
As I have said in another thread, the Three Peninsulas of the Mediterranean Sea can make great games at any time. With Ezio it would be great!

Jessigirl2013
09-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Wasn't this a DS game?
Nah.... Ill pass

An ACII remake though..... THAT I would love to see.;)

ze_topazio
02-07-2016, 01:01 AM
I wonder if this year game is finally going to be this? :)

At least they could make some Chronicles Spain/Castille/Granada to tie in with the movie.

I-Like-Pie45
02-07-2016, 01:18 AM
yes ze topazio it is secretly hideaki itsuno's secret game, Assassin's Creed II-2: Discovery. ubisoft has begun to outsource their ips to eastern developers to save on costs while they prepare the movies

ze_topazio
02-07-2016, 01:33 AM
At least it would have awesome combat and over the top cutscenes.

And then they will make a third game, "Ezio returns: Assassin's Creed II".

ERICATHERINE
02-07-2016, 02:19 AM
I just hope if they remaster ac ii, they will remake it in a way the boat in Forly where was the target for one of the Assassin contract. For each seconds I touched it the game had a big chance to freeze and I was forced to start the game once more. I managed to do it, but since then, my ps3 bug way more easier. ^-^

LoyalACFan
02-07-2016, 04:30 AM
You know, a Chronicles tie-in actually sounds pretty plausible. Not necessarily with Ezio, but I doubt they'd pass up the opportunity to get some kind of tie-in out there.

Jessigirl2013
02-07-2016, 11:52 AM
I just hope if they remaster ac ii, they will remake it in a way the boat in Forly where was the target for one of the Assassin contract. For each seconds I touched it the game had a big chance to freeze and I was forced to start the game once more. I managed to do it, but since then, my ps3 bug way more easier. ^-^

I agree, an ACII remaster would be great.:rolleyes:

But I think ACII deserves Syndicates level of graphics.:cool:

ze_topazio
03-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Bad news folks, Discovery is no longer canon, confirmed by Aymar Azaizia, Head of Content for Assassin's Creed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/60pj33/i_am_aymar_azaizia_head_of_content_for_assassins/df8bwq5/?context=3

The dream is dead...

joshoolhorst
03-22-2017, 07:59 AM
Bad news folks, Discovery is no longer canon, confirmed by Aymar Azaizia, Head of Content for Assassin's Creed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/60pj33/i_am_aymar_azaizia_head_of_content_for_assassins/df8bwq5/?context=3

The dream is dead...

To bad the movies modern day breaks canon:)

LoyalACFan
03-22-2017, 11:00 AM

The dream is dead...

Lol, watch them resurrect Ezio to fill that ten-year gap with a console game :p Assassin's Creed Discovery II: Italian Boogaloo!

ze_topazio
03-22-2017, 10:44 PM
^ lol, first thing I thought, they now have a considerable long period of unexplored years in Ezio's live to use in a side story game.

Farlander1991
03-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Eh, to be fair, the only direct contradiction between Discovery and the movie (at least as far as I remember) is Torquemada's allegiance, and the latter can be retconned by making Torquemada trying to ******** Ezio to survive, or something along those lines.

ze_topazio
08-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Why is this not a thing yet? why are they taking so long to make this?

Ah yeah and since last time I was here Discovery was canonized again.