PDA

View Full Version : A doubt about double kill

CipollaCreed
12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I wonder if you can have a double kill during boarding. I boarded a big load of ships but never got a double counter during boarding, managed to do some tool double kill sometimes but never seen two enemies attacking during a boarding. I have experimented some things:

If you board a ship without having your crew (you just leave the wheel after defeating an enemy ship and holding the button to leave the wheel while you're away of the boarding flashing zone and then swim to the defeated ship and fight alone against the enemies. Then you return to your ship, go in the flashing boardin zone, board the ship and just get the prize) and fight against the enemies, they do a double kill and this means that enemies on ships can attack two at same time, but if you do a classic boarding with your crew, they never attack at same time and i think this is very bad cause i really do like the double kill animation.

And one more thing... The crew AI is awful, they spend more time hitting me than the enemy and always interrupt my chains and always attack the npc i'm fighting, ruining my combo.

In the end, please add the chance to get a double counter kill during classic boarding with crew and make a better AI for crew. Plus i hate the fact that just three enemies at time attack you during battles and if there are just two enemies, they never attack at same time, you need three enemies to get a double counter... I hate this honestly.

AJRimmsey
12-09-2013, 02:13 AM
earlier today i ran from one end of a ship to the other and did 3 doubles,so it is possible.

was on a man o war if that helps.

what i dont like is that my crew only rarely kills 1 enemy in a boarding op?
its always me that has to do the killing,seems daft that i can kill 20 yet a whole crew cant kill any EVEN when they are shooting..

DocHoliday69
12-09-2013, 02:45 AM
I think he means the double kill when you mean the double assassination. I find that I rarely get any DA in the game compared to AC3 where I'd get 1 every time I was group fighting. In BF I may get one every 3-4 days. I agree I like the animation of the DK.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 02:45 AM
He's referring to double counter kills, not double kills, which are not possible on a ship that's going through the boarding process. If you stealth board a ship and don't go through the boarding process, you can double counter kill, and if the Jackdaw is in close proximity, they will swing over and board it.

CipollaCreed
12-09-2013, 11:56 AM
That's right, i mean the double counter kill, the animation you get when two enemies attack at the same time and you counter them getting a killing animation. It is possible to do a simple double kill during boarding, but what i meant is that enemies never attack togheter during boarding and this is very disappointing imho. Btw even in cities is very very hard to get a double counter, you have to stay in parry mode for long till two enemies attack togheter and you must have at least three enemies fighting you. Only two enemies = no chance of double counter (at least this is what i tested).

So i repeat, if someone of the dev is reading us (yeah, sure), please give us the chance to double counter often and even on boarding. This could add a very interesting feeling during combats, making the game better,

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
It probably won't happen due to memory constraints on 360 and PS3. I know we're PC gamers, but a lot of possibilities such as this one were held back to support current gen systems.