PDA

View Full Version : Ammo for Fleet?

DocHoliday69
12-06-2013, 11:45 PM
How do you get more ammo for the fleet to do battle with? I did a search for the info but nothing comes up. I'm sure it's been asked but I don't want to go through hundreds of forum pages to try and find it. Thanks for any info.

Dan

Lokikron
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Uh, you mean the firebarrels?

Help friends out and you're given 1 per friend.

Also if you do combat missions you're sometimes rewarded 1.

DocHoliday69
12-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Uh, you mean the firebarrels?

Help friends out and you're given 1 per friend.

Also if you do combat missions you're sometimes rewarded 1.

So if you have no friends and no ammo your stuck I guess? Time to get some friends I guess!

MnemonicSyntax
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah, but you can also occasionally get one or two from Gunboats during combat. But it's rare.

The Fleet mini-game is designed to somewhat "force" social activities like making friends.

Lokikron
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
So if you have no friends and no ammo your stuck I guess? Time to get some friends I guess!

Not REALLY, it's just more tedious/more work. Send ships to fleet, salvage them for gems, do normal combat (probably 3 man of wars best), use salvaged gems to repair ships repeat.

Basically requires more work than spamming space bar all day erry day (oh how I wish I could just skip all the animations and waiting and just be done each battle in 3 seconds by just saying "I use firebarrels until they're dead" instead of having to hit space for each hit).

And like I said, you're sometimes rewarded a firebarrel after fleet combat.

Friends just make **** easier.

Volkira
12-09-2013, 05:17 PM

You dont even need the fire barrels I have never used one and have never lost a battle in the Kenways fleet mini game.It's damn easy.

I have every port unlocked,every route green and every 24hrs I redo all the battles to keep the routes open.I just can't see how you can lose.There isn't a formula to lose is there.Even my 4 year old thinks it's lame I never lose a ship.

Uranus888
12-09-2013, 05:24 PM
You 4 years old already knows words like "lame"? Geez I'm getting old ;-)

strigoi1958
12-10-2013, 03:15 AM
before.... assassins contracts were just pick city pick assassins pick mission and send ... now there is some interaction and anything that is added is always a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Provided you have a reasonable fleet you should win. I mainly use a schooner as it reloads fast, a brig with a reload of 60 and 25 cannons and either another brig or a frigate or level 49 man of war depending on how treacherous it is .... :D

Secu12
12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
As I've seen by now, the frigates are the best. They destroy in one shot the gunboat, the schooner and the brig (if it isn't already damaged). Only the man o' war can sink it in one shot but if you use fire barels you may sink it before it even fires. The ratio reloading time and firepower it's the best. I use three figates and I have no problems. Plus you need more gemstones to repair a man o'war.

kriss3d
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Its quite easy really. Start stacking up on Man-o-wars for cargo size and also easy to board. Send them to your fleet. Make sure to do battles with your fleet selecting 3 man o wars till its green.
No need to do anything at all once youre in the battle. No need to use the firebarrowls. They are just there for extra damage. But even 3 man o wars against 3 man o wars.. You still win.
Ive heard the hunter man o wars are even better.

Thats the way you win gems and goods to ship. Once you got a few ships just send them to whatever destination yields most cash as long as the route is i the green. No need for friends really.

drakkar321
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I actually use different ships depending on what ships the enemy has. The smaller the ship the faster they fire. The bigger the ship, the harder they hit. So if the enemy is using gunboats or schooners, then I use 3 higher level brigs. If they have brigs, then I use 3 frigates. If they use frigates or man-o-wars, then I use 3 level 60 man-o-wars. Basically, just one up them. Use the next higher class ship and you will always win. Just be sure to repair your ships after battle, before you try to start a new battle. For some strange reason, even though it is a simple little mini-game, I find it strangely satisfying to play the fleet battles and sink the enemy ships lol.

The best way to get ships for your fleet, is to capture pirate hunter ships. Just raise Kenway's wanted level and they will come. Just make sure you either have upgrades for your ship, or lower it before you get to 4 stars, because at 4 stars, the level 60 man-o-wars come.

Chuckk75
04-14-2019, 08:30 PM
How do you get more ammo for the fleet to do battle with? I did a search for the info but nothing comes up. I'm sure it's been asked but I don't want to go through hundreds of forum pages to try and find it. Thanks for any info.

Dan
You can actually buy fire barrels at the TR places on shore for pretty cheap. Hope this helps.