PDA

View Full Version : My Modern Day Wishlist for the next Assassin Creed

AssassinPeanut
12-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Assassin Creed modern day story has always been interesting and suspenseful to me, but that was up untill Assassin Creed IV modern story came into play. In IV the modern day felt short, boring , and no suspense! The new "hero" is not the same as Desmond Miles, he/she doesnt talk, has no depth, no character to him/she. We watched Desmond grow from a "scared " adult to a assassin, you can not do that with a non talking character. What happen to all the conspiracies in the game? It use to leave you with more question than answers. I know they tries to make the modern hero "us the players" its not that same, because we bonded with Desmond already, it kind of hard for ME to let him go without finishing the fight.

The Following are some of my ideas that i want to see in the next assassin creed modern story

Find a way to bring Desmond Miles back!
instead of him getting Killed in AC III, we could have him staged his death to fool the templars with the Apple. he could have gotten up and used the apple to create a staged event knowing the templars would come to that location. That way they wont look for him, he can use the animus anytime without worrying about him

EDIT: now i thought i had time to think and read comments, i think we are done with desmond, now we should play as descendant of Eve, that will be amazing.

Have him in the Animus like subject 16
another way to bring him back is to have him be part of the animus, its kind of a stretch but it can work.

Have him be resurrected
Use a piece of eden to bring desmond back, even if its for temporary, just have him finish the fight! The Ankh and maybe the Shroud piece of eden can help with that. But, we did see them open his body, so it might not be a possibility

Make the modern day longer! and more open world!
the modern day has a good story, it needs to shine to is potential, bring back those those crazy moments like in previous games. You can always make it open world, like talk to random people, eat, pickpocket and more! you guys can be more creative!

Bring back the Crazy suspense!
not much more i can say, i love the crazy suspense the modern day use to leave please bring it back!

What are your guys/girls opinion on the modern day, do you like it? do you dislike it? What are some of the things you would like to see or not see? Have a nice day assassin! or you no good templars!

PedroAntonio2
12-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I loved Desmond..but he done his part, he saved the world. And what is actually funny, he had more presence with his tapes in ACIV than in any past AC games...maybe because it's the first time we finally heard about how he felt about being the choosen one by the TWCB.

I like him, but it's time to let him go, sir. I hope next year they will introduce a whole new modern day character, without this First Person ( I actually liked in ACIV, but I want the rest of the saga to play with someone I don't even heard the voice, no knowing if the character is a he or she and so go on ) thing. I want someone with a face, a voice, a story, a personality and I want to get involved into his story. IIt would be great to play as Otso Berg.

PedroAntonio2
12-07-2013, 01:02 AM
But Desmond coming back as a AI in Animus Cloud would be epic. I know it would be a recicle from Subject 16, but it would be nice see him interact with the new modern character in the Animus. You finsih a Sequence, then you do a Modern Mission and when you come back to the Animus, Desmond appears and they both discuss about Abstergo, Juno, etc

MnemonicSyntax
12-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Assassin Creed modern day story has always been interesting and suspenseful to me, but that was up untill Assassin Creed IV modern story came into play. In IV the modern day felt short, boring , and no suspense! The new "hero" is not the same as Desmond Miles, he/she doesnt talk, has no depth, no character to him/she. We watched Desmond grow from a "scared " adult to a assassin, you can not do that with a non talking character. What happen to all the conspiracies in the game? It use to leave you with more question than answers. I know they tries to make the modern hero "us the players" its not that same, because we bonded with Desmond already, it kind of hard for ME to let him go without finishing the fight.

The character is supposed to be YOU.

The Following are some of my ideas that i want to see in the next assassin creed modern story

Find a way to bring Desmond Miles back!
instead of him getting Killed in AC III, we could have him staged his death to fool the templars with the Apple. he could have gotten up and used the apple to create a staged event knowing the templars would come to that location. That way they wont look for him, he can use the animus anytime without worrying about him

Except that they have his DNA through his organs. That's how we're able to relive Edward's memories, because he's Desmond's great great great.... grandpappy.

Have him in the Animus like subject 16
another way to bring him back is to have him be part of the animus, its kind of a stretch but it can work.

This is a stretch, but more feasible than your first suggestion, but there would have to be another protag because you couldn't get him "out" of the Animus.

Have him be resurrected
Use a piece of eden to bring desmond back, even if its for temporary, just have him finish the fight! The Ankh and maybe the Shroud piece of eden can help with that. But, we did see them open his body, so it might not be a possibility

Aye, it wouldn't be possible. Even with both of those artifacts, people who had died and had them used on their corpses only reanimated for a short time period.

Make the modern day longer! and more open world!
the modern day has a good story, it needs to shine to is potential, bring back those those crazy moments like in previous games. You can always make it open world, like talk to random people, eat, pickpocket and more! you guys can be more creative!

It's never really been about the modern day though. And there's a nod to avoiding modern day use through an email in 4.

Bring back the Crazy suspense!
not much more i can say, i love the crazy suspense the modern day use to leave please bring it back!

What are your guys/girls opinion on the modern day, do you like it? do you dislike it? What are some of the things you would like to see or not see? Have a nice day assassin! or you no good templars!

The suspense is there.

In fact... here's what I think could happen.

So, in modern day, John from IT is dead. John is the reincarnation of Aita, Juno's husband. The Assassin's could possibly somehow get Aita's DNA, relive his memories and discover how the reincarnation was possible. From there, the Assassin's could use that to reincarnate Desmond or, from a more realistic angle, clone him

Yes, it's a stretch, but it's the most logical, at least to me.

Betrayer11
12-07-2013, 02:04 AM
I did feel a strong connection to the real world AC4 character.

Just like me, he stands there awkwardly listening to his coworkers conversations without ever joining in, wanders around aimlessly poking at other people's things, and pays more attention to video games than real life.

Being able to interact with coworkers, find out what the action figures were actually rewarded for, or doing even the slightest bit of stealth to avoid being noticed while breaking the law would have ruined everything. Thanks ubisoft for replacing Desmond with a super-creeper hacker. It's great.

[/sarcasm]

TruGamer97
12-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Eh I don't know about Desmond. Whats done is done, besides, I want to know more about the new guy. Surely we will have a face and a name soon.

Landruner
12-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Desmond is dead and buried and we have to accept it!:confused:

Ubisoft did not even give a dam about his ending in AC3, and they just got ride of him by the dirtiest way I could even think of (even TV series producers don't do that to their characters unless they loose money on their audience and shows - Ubisoft did it in making money with AC3) and they did it since the character was not meeting the ultimate popularity and blablabla....:confused::confused: they just blew the all concept, they can't turn back and now they have to move on....

Ubisoft clearly wont' bring Desmond back in the next ACs or if they do it will be just by little referential clues or cameo, and we have to consider from now that the modern days are just a feature that belong to the franchise that Ubisoft does not even know how to get ride of.
Just do like a lot of people that liked this modern day concept and who were tried to make sense to it in its relational continuity, just give up on it, turn the page and forget about the all story behind the curtain and try to forget about it hard because Ubisoft won't do their best to make you happier on this matter and if you want modern days, well Ubisoft think(s) about you, just buy and play Watch Dog instead (Since that game it based upon an originally idea made for Desmond for AC3)

Now with Watch dog taking the center of the stage, the only way I could see the modern day(s) popularly appealing enough for critical acclaim and ultimate recognition in an AC game is setting the animus and "Modern day Part(s), in the past during WWII or in a future.

In both cases something new that could bring something fresh with a innovative concept or story Arch appealing and interesting enough for the people to play beside the core game.

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Screw Desmond. Just make it third person again so we don't have a nameless floating camera that apparently doesn't even have hands. Would've been interesting to see him turn Assassin and start working as an insider, assassinating the figureheads of the company. Maybe next game.

Also, Ubi, if you take this idea, at least give me 0.0005 of the profits, k? Also, if you do continue on this current path, don't be lazy and at least model the guy some hands so he can do something meaningful in cutscenes where action would be needed.

Black_Widow9
12-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Please make sure you also post your feedback here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

pirate1802
12-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't know.. I felt quite a bit of shock seeing the Sage fella staring right at my face. And also Juno appearing before me. Can't say there was no suspense/surprise in AC4's modern day part. But yeah.. I'd like to see a 3d person again, and I think they'll do it next game. Personally I loved the way they handled the modern day part. For me the modern day action always has been the backbone on which the core fun stuff of the ancestral part is hinged on. In that regards it served its purpose beautifully in AC4. Acting like just a backbone, giving us a reason to explore the past without interfering in the core experience. As far as bringing Desmond back.. well I've got my rotten swordfish if that day ever comes.

DarktheMagister
12-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Lots of people hated Desmond...so Desmond went away.

Now....they all want him back again. What?... I....I can't even comprehend.....

Like I've said before...if they keep the 1st person (which I think they will) I'd like to see his/her role expanded and more functionality given to the character.
But if they DO go back to 3rd, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eve descendant being the next character...or someone from the Erudito Collective.

Hrafnagud72
12-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Desmond, someone else, whatever. I don't really care who the person is, just make it a person. I was basically playing me in the modern day, and if I wanted to play me I would turn off the xbox and go outside. I want a person, fleshed out, with a name and a personality. Not someone who doesn't have hands, or a name, or a function other than walking around listening to people. He doesn't even speak...Removing the modern day from AC4 wouldn't have affected the game play at all, and that bothers me. The modern day served no purpose to the story line.

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I still would refer everybody to my earlier post...

xx-pyro
12-07-2013, 08:02 PM
No thanks.

Also, @Landrunner, I take if you've never watched Game of Thrones?

MIA SILENT
12-07-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm happy for them to ditch the character driven narrative of the present day. The plot is all I ever cared about - not Desmond.

AssassinPeanut
12-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Lots of people hated Desmond...so Desmond went away.

Now....they all want him back again. What?... I....I can't even comprehend.....

Like I've said before...if they keep the 1st person (which I think they will) I'd like to see his/her role expanded and more functionality given to the character.
But if they DO go back to 3rd, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eve descendant being the next character...or someone from the Erudito Collective.

i never hated him, i thought he was interesting since ac 1

AssassinPeanut
12-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Please make sure you also post your feedback here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

will do :)

AssassinPeanut
12-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry about "spamming" this thread, but i just want to get my thoughts out there. I think if they cant bring desmond back that we should play as a descendant of Eve, not that will be every interesting, lets make it happen Ubisoft!