PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in the Florida island?

Thayin2012
12-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I was playing today, and decided to go explore the little island named Florida, in the Central Northern part of the map. I think it is exclusive content to one of the editions (I got the Skull Edition). So, I set it as my marker, and I'm heading toward the island, when i see a Man 'o War Hunter coming up behind me. I duly board it, and send it to my fleet, and resume my passage to Florida. On the way there, I see an incapacitated Portuguese Schooner. At first, I think it's one left behind from a small British-Portuguese battle, and I know those ships don't have any cargo on board, when you check via the spyglass. However, I see that this one does have cargo. Thinking its' just a bug, I continue to the island, and I see a Portuguese soldier, dead, lying there. I just carry on, but then I see more. The reason I'm a bit surprised, is because I've never seen dead soldiers on one of the uninhabited islands. I find an exclusive content chest. I then carry on, and see an incapacitated Brig, right on the shore, with a few naval drops in it. I climb onto it, and then a counter starts. I managed to get off way before the counter stopped, but the ship exploded, as I suspected.

Is this Ubisoft adding something a little different and unexpected to the game, or am I missing something obvious?

SixKeys
12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
The incapacitated brigs are just random side content you'll sometimes run into, nothing exclusive. It's just a way to gather extra loot for free, but you only have a minute to do it before the ship explodes. That's what the counter is for.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Historically speaking, Spain, Portugal and the British were fighting over Florida around that time period. It might be a nod to that.

ze_topazio
12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Never encountered a Portuguese ship but i noticed that that island have always a couple of half destroyed ships there, even if you plunder and destroy them, they always respawn after a while.

Thayin2012
12-06-2013, 09:05 PM
The incapacitated brigs are just random side content you'll sometimes run into, nothing exclusive. It's just a way to gather extra loot for free, but you only have a minute to do it before the ship explodes. That's what the counter is for.

I haven't seen one at all, and I've explored most of the islands ah well...

Off topic: Has anyone else had the experience where you'll incapacitate a ship, but there is another one a distance away that's not in conflict with you. Then, when you board the original ship, the other one disappears whilst boarding. It irritated me a bit, because I was boarding a Brig, whilst there was a fat Man 'o War waiting to be boarded.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Most of them are out in open water. You'll see a ship that is pretty much about to explode, on fire, etc. and when you look at it through your Spyglass, you won't get any info on it. When you pull alongside it, you can't "board" it either, except just letting go of the wheel and going over alone. I've found chests all over the deck and sometimes even dead women instead of soldiers. Kinda cool.

Shahkulu101
12-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I thought that, when I was sailing to Florida, I was about to reach a major city ubi hadn't told us about - you can imagine my dissapointment.

Thayin2012
12-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Off topic: Has anyone else had the experience where you'll incapacitate a ship, but there is another one a distance away that's not in conflict with you. Then, when you board the original ship, the other one disappears whilst boarding. It irritated me a bit, because I was boarding a Brig, whilst there was a fat Man 'o War waiting to be boarded.

BigUrn
12-07-2013, 01:04 AM
They actually make a few mentions about the goings-on in and around the Florida coast. This information can be found via the animus database viewing all the different notes and whatnot. Me thinks a triangle might be involved...

Kagurra
12-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Florida was so disappointing. There were just some sand banks with loot and the little island with the ship wrecks. There should've been a decent sized location there.