PDA

View Full Version : Animus Fragment. (361,815)... AAAARGHHHHH....!!!

Nico2000nl
12-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Anybody else got a problem with this Animus Fragment. (361,815)
I can't get Edward to jump from the hightst position on the tree.
Every time I am at the highest position and I make the jump,
Edward first takes a little step down the tree and then jumps,
not reaching the Fragnment.

I tried everytrhing I could think of...
Help...!!!

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af66/Nico_Twothousand/AnimusFragmnent361815_zps54ff6a5d.jpg

AngryRaisin
12-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I don't remember having a problem with that one. Isn't there a tower or cliff to the left that you can LOF from? Or did you try running up the tree and jumping to the left all in one motion (vs. stopping on the tree to jump)?

DeeJayXi
12-06-2013, 09:03 PM
I don't think I've tried to tackle that one yet...but it looks like it's far enough off the coast that you'd use the Jackdaw to retrieve it. Either off one of the sides of the Masts or...just point her nose directly at it and run off that. Atleast, it should be a bit higher than the tree from the looks of it.

I don't think there's a cliff...looks like its kindof a small peninsula.

Nico2000nl
12-06-2013, 09:26 PM
No, there's no cliff and I tried everything from the tree.

Problem with doing it from the ship is that the thing won't lie still next to the island but slowly slides back into the ocean,
so by the time you let go of the wheel and climbed to a position to jump from, the ship is way too far from the island.

Closest I got was from the very tip of the front boom of the ship and missing the Fragment by an inch.
The stinking boat just won't lie still, close to the Island.

buzbuz33
12-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Yes, you have to find the exact right place to jump off the tree, just below the point where it "notches" up. Too low and he will jump past it. Above the notch, he just drops.
It took me about 10 minutes of trying different places until I got it.

AngryRaisin
12-07-2013, 01:03 AM
Ok, I thought this was a different one and just went and did it. Walk up the tree until he puts one leg in a step ahead of him up the tree and crouches. Rotate him to be facing exactly toward the fragment and jump. It's a subtle difference of whether or not he has his feet together or one up the trunk ahead of him.

Lethalla
12-07-2013, 04:54 AM
This sounds like the one I had trouble with too. Tried the tree then using the ship, no go; after at least 30 attempts I gave up. Must go try it again now I know it can be reached.

AngryRaisin
12-07-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't mean to brag, but it took me 3 tries. If you follow my instructions about the foot-up, I am sure you can do it!

Nico2000nl
12-07-2013, 11:47 AM
It worked, thanx a lot.

buzbuz33
12-07-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't mean to brag, but it took me 3 tries. If you follow my instructions about the foot-up, I am sure you can do it!

It ain't bragging if it's true :)

MandarinMao
02-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Slowly walk as far up as you can and have Edward jump up, not at the fragment, just up in place. This put him that one step further up the tree I needed for him to hit the fragment when I jumped for it.

ACLexter
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
I haven't encounter this, hope I get it in a few tries.
anyway. does everyone encounter this treasure chest (I forgot the coordinate) where in it is very near a grass, and everytime I try to loot it, Edward will automatically hide in the grass, When I start to loot it, Edward will slightly do the animation and start to kick the chest, but before he can even kick the chest, he will suddenly crouch and hide.. I couldn't get the loot. :( The Chest is just too near to hiding spot (grass)

Alphacos007
02-12-2014, 01:34 AM
I haven't encounter this, hope I get it in a few tries.
anyway. does everyone encounter this treasure chest (I forgot the coordinate) where in it is very near a grass, and everytime I try to loot it, Edward will automatically hide in the grass, When I start to loot it, Edward will slightly do the animation and start to kick the chest, but before he can even kick the chest, he will suddenly crouch and hide.. I couldn't get the loot. :( The Chest is just too near to hiding spot (grass)

I didn't have this problem with any chests, did you try going a bit more to the left (or right i don't know), or maybe stay a little bit away from the crate or something?

ACLexter
02-12-2014, 08:05 AM
it won't work as the chest if just too near the grass, even I loot it from the right side, Edward will animatedly move in front of the chest which is already in the area of the grass and he will begin to crouch.

EDIT: I found a way, just simply press the "loot" button repeatedly. :D