PDA

View Full Version : elite upgrades Jackdaw

Itoewa
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Are all the designs for the elite upgrades for the jackdaw, in a buried treasure?

Lethalla
12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
The Elite upgrades are in the Underwater Dive sequences, except for Elite Fire Barrel Storage, which is in a buried chest that I still can't get to.

Itoewa
12-06-2013, 11:55 AM
And how are they visible?
Are they in a normal chest?

kriss3d
12-06-2013, 03:19 PM
They reside inside normal chests yes. Some are burried so youll need a treasure map to find it. (you cant get it if you dont have it even if you know where it is). Youll need a few diving missions and a few treasure maps.. I didnt feel like trying every single treasure map and every single diving mission so i did look how to get each upgrade up on youtube for a video of where to go. Still i cant just take on the legendary ships. I did manage to get the easiest one down but MAN they are hard.. All other ships though.. Easy peasy.

Lethalla
12-07-2013, 12:47 AM
The underwater elite plans are just in normal chests, yes. They always seemed to be in the last or second last one I opened.

As to the Legendary ships, I've done the two in the lower half of the map and while it took me 7 tries to take the first one, the second I did on the first attempt. You need to ram them; that makes a big difference. You can't sneak up on them given the cut scene starts as soon as you get <500m but sail at full speed and ram, turn side on and blast the heavy shot and swivels. Oh and I wouldn't attempt it without fully upgrading everything.

AngryRaisin
12-07-2013, 05:27 AM
I can't seem to find/get the Elite Fire Barrel Storage. Is that the one that is awarded based on Fleet stuff?

Lethalla
12-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Not sure. Every time I go to that location I get the Animus wall and "area not available. I'm up to Seq 7 or 8, have maxed Kenway's Fleet, captured all the forts and done all of the naval contracts so I'd like to know when it *will* be available.

marstinson
12-08-2013, 11:44 PM
The chest location isn't available until the end Memory Sequence 8.

AngryRaisin
12-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I've finished the game and still can't seem to find/get the Elite Fire Barrel upgrade.

Secu12
12-10-2013, 01:07 PM
The treasure map for Elite Fire Barrel upgrade can be found on Isla Providencia which isn't accessible until the end of sequence 8.

AngryRaisin
12-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Been there, done that, have all the treasures and maps. Must be yet another bug.