PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Rewards ?

kriss3d
12-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Ive just finished up AC4 (for pc) and Im SO glad the game is about assasins again (unlike AC3)
A shame Desmond had to die. He was the actual main character.

Anyway. I know youre supposed to be able to buy some nice swords once youve finished all assassin contracts. But are there any other rewards ? In the first few AC games youd get the video by completing all the glyph quests and other rewards by collecting all the animus fragments and such. even the feathers.

Is it actually worth going for all the fragments, shantys, treasure chests and such ?? Is it even worth it buying all the arts or getting all the crafts done ??
I mean. I know it counts towards 100% completion but does any of that unlock anything cool to use in SP ??

Nikolaus5
12-08-2013, 06:02 PM
You don't really get anything special. You can see all weapons that exist in game and on every weapon you have description on how to unlock it, same goes with outfits, for example if you solve all Mayan puzzles you get Mayan outfit that reflects bullets and so on. Treasures only give you money, buried treasures contain big amounts of money or elite upgrade plans sou you definitely need them, shanties are only for listening while you sail, upgrading yourself and your ship help you a lot for missions and collecting all animus fragments unlocks one additional database entry.

kriss3d
12-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Ah ok thanks. its a shame really. It makes the urge to hunt all those damn animus frags totally not appealing.
I got the Mayan armor and all the upgrades. So nothing more to spend money on except buying the last few hunter gods so i can make the whaler outfit then i got everything.

I must say it was a bit nice in the previous AC games where youd get somthing awsome for bothering to chase down all those glyphs and fragments. Ive bought the toledo swords which are nice but it seems the best guns are the one you got already as a part of the storyline. Since youll most often want range over power for those far away guards..

To me it seems a shame that there isnt that nice price for spending extra time in the game completing stuff. Would have made the playtime longer.

Oh and the Mayan armor doesnt have a hood so with the absolute best outfit you get a glitch whenever in cutscenes and Kenway pulls up a hood that he doesnt have. Looks mildly amusing.

buzbuz33
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Have you tried the stealth outfit? (The one you get after performing 1/2 of the assassin contracts.) Is it very helpful?

kriss3d
12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Hm no I didnt know there was such one. Ill try that once i get more assassinations done..

btw which guns are the best ? It seems the choice is either power or range. Do you guys also take range over power ?

Nikolaus5
12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Best guns are definitely that which you unlock by completing all naval missions, the golden ones. There is no question really about that :)

Externall89
12-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Jesus man seriously is putting *SPOILER* so difficult , i didn't finish the game yet and came her for tips... You can burn for my part!

kriss3d
12-11-2013, 03:26 PM
First of all. The forum is said to contain spoilers. Naturally Im sorry if i spoiled anything for you. Though after reading the posts here i cant quite see exactly what ive said that spoiled anything. So please do let me know exactly what ive done wrong here.

Nikolaus5 Ty for the info. Im working on the naval missions (i suppose you mean all the assassin contracts )

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi kriss3d, I have added the spoiler tag.

If your thread is to contain spoilers please add this tag as some have not finished the game yet.

kriss3d
12-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes Sir. Ill keep that in mind.

Im still curious though. Exactly what did i spoil in my posts here ? I simply cant quite see anything that gives away any part of the story or anything.. Was it my comment about the AC3 ???